Where's a good place to get a wallet?

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Need a new wallet nothing special. Have not bought a wallet in like 10 years or so no real idea where to buy a decent wallet. So I guess curious for some suggestions.

i got mine from Amazon for a dollar. Actually i bought like 4 of them. It was from some marketplace sellers that was selling a bunch of wild ties for a dollar too.

I just use a money clip and just take what I need with me. You don't want back problems like George Costanza.

But if you want to take the risk, any store that has a men's department has wallets. Right next to the belts.

I personally like Fossil a lot. And I got my wallet with a money clip and without a main pocket so that I wouldn't overload it, George Costanza style.

Got mine from one of those fancy leather stores in the mall. It was in the clearance section for 7 bucks. Going on 6 years strong.

From a guy on the bus when he isn't paying attention.

I have a fossil wallet that my gf gave me a couple years ago, it's nice, but probably needlessly expensive. And it's packed to fucking capacity too...

Chinatown. Can't beat quality/price there. Plus that extra coating of lead will really help out my Credit Cards in case of nuclear attack.

I have a milled buffalo wallet that I got when I was like 7. It's been in the wash and dumped in the river, and it still looks just as good as the day I got it. I plan on having it forever, it's really that good.

Long story short, I recommend milled buffalo (whatever that is).

Mexico. Seriously. I brought a real leather wallet down there and it is awesome. Cheap too, only like 10 bucks and really high quality.

[quote name='darthbudge']Mexico. Seriously. I brought a real leather wallet down there and it is awesome. Cheap too, only like 10 bucks and really high quality.[/quote]

I second this one, this is where my wallets are from.

I bought a Nautica wallet 4 years back and it's still in great shape and has held up mos def well. It's leather also. I spent like 25.00 on it. Good Buy.

Just so you know, most "leather" wallets, aren't the kind of leather you'd expect. It's usually eel hide.

I love mythbusters.:)

I got a nice Columbia leather one from Kohl's a while back. Leather outside with a canvas like material inside. Works well for me.

only wallet I have purchased myself was from hot topic years ago, I wanted one that wouldnt fold the cash so I could keep everything straight and in order. I decided after a while that that was WAY too obsessive, so I was given a cheap one from walmart or someplace. Hot Topic still has a few cool ones last time I was in though. Even had one with the Zelda logo on it :D

I got my wallet from Big Lots, it was $4 and it's a Perry Ellis: Portfolio brand; love that wallet. Bought it a year ago and is mostly authentic leather. :)

[quote name='JimmieMac']Get a money clip and carry your money in your front pocket. Wallets suck.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, where does your ID and insurance card and credit card and all that other random wallet stuff go? Or do you stick it in the money clip as well?

Thanks for the DB Clay link, chasemurata. I have a Hlaska currently, but I'm not really digging their new plainer (and more expensive) designs as much.

Got mine from a flea market. Well it is a flea market where other stores from around the area put up mini shops. There happened to be a leather store there that had mostly biker stuff. Paid I think $14 back in like 2002 and still holds up incredibly well today. A bit big, but hell it holds everything I could want it too.

[quote name='Milkyman']http://www.koyono.com/Slimmy-Slim-Wallet-Alternative-p/m17546.htm
about to buy one myself[/quote]

Just came in here to post this. I have a black/red special edition and it is awesome. It lines up really nicely with my phone (just a crappy old SLVR) in my front pocket and whenever I'm only carrying the wallet itself I can barely feel it there. It's just a hair bigger than a full money clip yet holds everything perfectly.

I second TJ Maxx but Marshalls as well. Any of those stores that sell stuff from last season is a good bet. The last time I went they had wallets from Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger, Timberland, and Dockers. Lot's of stuff to choose from and none of them were over $15.

[quote name='driph']Out of curiosity, where does your ID and insurance card and credit card and all that other random wallet stuff go? Or do you stick it in the money clip as well?
[/QUOTE]
The point of a money clip is to just have what you need. A few bills, driver's license, and a card or two. I keep a couple of my business cards in there too. I don't see the point of having absolutely everything at all times. If you lose it, its much more of a hassle to replace everything.

My leather wallet is from Florence, Italy. Oddly enough it's from a leather shop run by a church there where monks do leather work in their freetime. It's the smoothest leather I've ever encountered and two years later it's still holding up very well.

Honestly, I got my wallet from Marshalls for around 10 bucks..
They have some nice cheap wallets there. Just depends where you live to find that store.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I got a free one made of hemp from PETA that kicks all kinds of ass.[/quote]

So a terrorist organization gives you a wallet most likely because you gave the terrorists money and that kicks all kinds of ass?

I think that just makes you an ass.

[quote name='bigdaddy']So a terrorist organization gives you a wallet most likely because you gave the terrorists money and that kicks all kinds of ass?
[/quote]

Yeah, but they're the good kind of terrorist, like the french resistance or Nelson Mandela.

I'm always on the lookout for a decent wallet, that slim one looks like a good idea. I may well be carrying way too much round with me anyway.

My dad gave me his old leather wallet when I was litttle. Over ten years later I'm still using it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']So a terrorist organization gives you a wallet most likely because you gave the terrorists money and that kicks all kinds of ass?

I think that just makes you an ass.[/QUOTE]

well, there's an ass here but i think you're looking in the wrong direction.

I have to throw out a vote for Beza:
http://www.beza.biz/moneyclamp/

It's a combination card holder/money clip. I've used the Geneva for the last 4 years. It broke last year, but they replaced it for free - great customer service. May not be great if you really want a gigantic wallet with pictures of family, but if you just want something to hold cards + money, I highly recommend it.

bread's done
Back