where's the best place to sell new games?

yokedog22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I've gotten tired of my PS3 outside of blus and I was curious where the best place to sell a sealed copy of Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls would be? I'm looking to take home like $35/each and lack patience. Never sold games on ebay, but have solds lots of other stuff on there. Thanks!

Cory

Well, you're at a great place to sell games, actually. Usually, if the game is still a newer one (Darksiders, Bayonetta, Modern Warfare 2, etc) you can get between $35 and $40 off the trade forums, and you can usually get some pretty nice trades as well, as some people might be more interested in those games. There's also the CAG Marketplace too...

[quote name='JoeJohn']ebay is the best place to sell high demand stuff. Ps3 is high demand.[/QUOTE]

What's the best place for low demand? I know it's funny but I'm serious!

If you're still looking to sell Demon's Souls, I'll buy it from you. And for future reference, don't use eBay. After fees and shipping, it won't be worth it. Use the forums here. With new games like that, they'll be gone ASAP.

[quote name='J7.']What's the best place for low demand? I know it's funny but I'm serious![/QUOTE]

Actually, low demand stuff should be listed on Amazon marketplace since there are no initial listing fees or time limits (just set the price higher than you normally would).

[quote name='Josef']Actually, low demand stuff should be listed on Amazon marketplace since there are no initial listing fees or time limits (just set the price higher than you normally would).[/QUOTE]

I prefer Half.com to amazon though the difference in fees is just slight I guess. Amazon does have a larger audience, but I think their cut is so large that it is not worth it for cheaper items.

Half.com is also pretty good for newer games. I sold a copy of Fallout 3 when it was new and after fees and everything still got 37-38 cash in my pocket.

So if it is a hot item and your price is the cheapest you can still score a good chunk of your money back from it.

[quote name='Josef']Actually, low demand stuff should be listed on Amazon marketplace since there are no initial listing fees or time limits (just set the price higher than you normally would).[/QUOTE]

I did some research and it looks like you get a little more on Amazon, a few dollars more on a $10 game, but you have to pay twice as much in fees. Here is a a different comparison I did earlier with the calculations at the $20 pricepoint as well http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252014

It's a bit puzzling to me when people recommend Amazon yet when I do comparisons it comes up with less money for you.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I prefer Half.com to amazon though the difference in fees is just slight I guess. Amazon does have a larger audience, but I think their cut is so large that it is not worth it for cheaper items.

Half.com is also pretty good for newer games. I sold a copy of Fallout 3 when it was new and after fees and everything still got 37-38 cash in my pocket.

So if it is a hot item and your price is the cheapest you can still score a good chunk of your money back from it.[/QUOTE]

Can you use Half.com the same way you would sell on Ebay?

Glyde.com doesn't look too bad--you only give up 10% of the price and don't pay to pack or ship it. They send you the envelope ready to go.

[quote name='J7.']I did some research and it looks like you get a little more on Amazon, a few dollars more on a $10 game, but you have to pay twice as much in fees. Here is a a different comparison I did earlier with the calculations at the $20 pricepoint as well http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252014

It's a bit puzzling to me when people recommend Amazon yet when I do comparisons it comes up with less money for you.

Can you use Half.com the same way you would sell on Ebay?[/QUOTE]

That's why you set the price a little bit higher on Amazon then you would on EBay. It will sell eventually, you just may have to wait a little.

[quote name='Josef']That's why you set the price a little bit higher on Amazon then you would on EBay. It will sell eventually, you just may have to wait a little.[/QUOTE]

I compared the prices and yes they are slightly higher on Amazon but the fees negate it. If you put the price higher to make up the difference you're going to have many sellers under you and then you'll have to lower the price eventually. I'd love to see some comparisons of what an item can realistically get on Amazon vs Ebay that shows Amazon giving you more because then I might sell there, but I've done comparisons and shared them here showing Ebay is better. I'll try to do another one soon if I have the time.

bread's done
Back