which 800 xbla game?

paz9x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
im stumped, i have 1600 to get 2 800 games.
i was set on PoP and eets, but im considering heavy weapon now.
any opinions on 800 games or 2 of those 3?

i have the following-
catan
carcassone
alien hominid
missle command
pacman ce
geometry wars
small arms
jetpack refueled

have worms and castlevania on my psp. so those are kinda out.

Heavy Weapon sucks, go Castlevania (if you haven't played it on PS1) and PoP. If you have then for a "core gamer" I would next go with Outpost Kaloki, Assault Heroes or Pinball FX.

Don't get Eets. Unless you really really really like it, hands down no questions asked lol.

Castlevania is a must - it's the best arcade game on the marketplace.

3-D Ultra Minigolf, Worms, and UMK3 are a lot of fun if you play with 3-4 people.

i wont be playing which ever games online, i have castlevania and worms on my psp, my buddy ill be playing with has assault heroes on his 360. eets seemed very good, like a change of pace game. i liked the shooter mini game as well. the part that interested me in heavy weapon was the local multiplayer i read about.
ill grab the demo for outpost to check it out.

I'll toss in a vote for Band of Bugs: With story mode, online multiplayer, and the ability to create your own maps, it really is great fun. Definately get if you like StratRPGs.

SOTN if you don't own the PS1 version. Prince of Persia is my favorite 800 point game so far (I am a POP fanboy, I own Pop: Sands of Time, POP DS, POP Warrior Within and even POP Rivalswords for the Wii, so I'm a bit biased here). It's a great remake of the classic and controls alot better then the original did. The only real downside is you'll beat it in a few hours, but the replay is pretty high with the achivements and leaderboards.

[quote name='paz9x']i wont be playing which ever games online, i have castlevania and worms on my psp, my buddy ill be playing with has assault heroes on his 360. eets seemed very good, like a change of pace game. i liked the shooter mini game as well. the part that interested me in heavy weapon was the local multiplayer i read about.
ill grab the demo for outpost to check it out.[/quote]

I was going to say worms...

I've found Heavy Weapon to be pretty enjoyable, but the difficulty ramps up pretty sharply on level 4. Really wanna try it with on-line co-op. Not really worth $10, but it seems like $10 is the new $5 for XBLA...

[quote name='Scobie']I've found Heavy Weapon to be pretty enjoyable, but the difficulty ramps up pretty sharply on level 4. Really wanna try it with on-line co-op. Not really worth $10, but it seems like $10 is the new $5 for XBLA...[/QUOTE]
is there local multiplayer?
if not i wont be getting it for sure.

[quote name='toper']No offense to the OP, but is there anything preventing you from d/l the demos and deciding for yourself?[/QUOTE]
i have al the demos for just about everything besides outpost kaloki. sometimes its hard to gauge to life a xbla title has by the demo. at least from my experience.
i went ahead and got PoP and Eets. ill get heavy weapon later.

thanks for the opinions from you cags who gave them.

I played Missile Command and was really disappointed. Did not like it at all. Wouldn't recommend at all.

It's more than you want to spend, but I have played the hell out of Lumines. It's way overpriced, but it's the only XBLA game that I really like. And I bought it with points I got for $5/1600. I also really liked Xevious. Wombat disagrees with me, but I always loved that game.

Bought Outpost Kaloki and played a little, but did not get my $10 worth out of it.

I say save your points for something in the future.

[quote name='paz9x']is there local multiplayer?
if not i wont be getting it for sure.[/quote]

Yup, Heavy Weapon has 4 player local multiplayer. Its a lot of fun and worth the $10. Achievements are pretty well structured too.

Alien Hominid and Prince of Persia are the best 800 pt games IMO. Prince of Persia though is the better choice IMO and is a fantastic remake.

bread's done
Back