Which AIM client do you use?

lnguyen831

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The official AIM disconnects me so much that it's not even funny, I started using GAIM, which solves my disconnection problem. I used to use Trillian also... but... eh.... I don't really like it.

What about you guys?

i used aim, then deadaim. but dead aim started giving me problems, so im onto trillian and like it

*edit, trillian works fine for file transfers across all clients, at least in my experience

[quote name='iheartmetal']i used aim, then deadaim. but dead aim started giving me problems, so im onto trillian and like it[/QUOTE]

Deadaim would give me weird errors whenever I closed AIM after a while.

So, I dumped AIM for Gaim about 6-9 months ago. I like it when I finally get everything tweaked exactly how I like it. TOok me a while to figure out how to change the text size, which is what I really needed.

Trillian. I enjoy having one program for my multiple messaging services. Also for having more of my screen names logged at once--though I understand that AIM now has that feature. But you know, screw AIM and their audio ads. :p

Gaim. Made the switch when the newest release of AIM would randomly lock up one of my CPU's cores at least once a day. I tried Trillian once, but the version I had had a huge bug where it would crash when connecting to YIM, and I've had a bad impression ever since.

AOL just came out with a new AIM. It looks really really different. It will take a while to get used to. They integrated a lot of new features (i.e. features that other IM programs had), like AIM email, invisibility, saving conversations. And you get to choose whether you want the unwanted advertisements in the IM window, or on the buddy list window! How nice of them.

Haven't gotten to use it much yet, though. Never really gave me any problems.

EDIT: It's called AIM Triton.

I abandoned my three messaging clients (AIM, mIRC, MSN) for Trillian Pro a good 2-3 years ago. I've never looked back.

Used AIM 5.5 with DeadAIM for awhile. I ended up giving it the super finger and switching to Gaim. I've tried trillian and it never really did it for me, especially since I don't log on to most services anymore.

Regular AIM 5.9 (or whatever version they're on now). I don't like using clients that saves your conversations whether you want it or not. Saved convos about other people can come back and bite you.

Went from deadaim to gaim then started getting annoyed by some things in gaim so I switched to trillian and been using it ever since.

I downloaded Trillian last night, but I keep getting disconnected, like I would for aim. like about every 5 minutes it would show disconnected in my buddy list thing and then connected again a second later. and this happens when I'm talking to people so I miss what they say. this happened with aim too that's why I Tried something new but can anyone solve my problem with disconnecting? I have sbc yahoo dsl and am hooked up to a router if that has anything to do with anything.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I downloaded Trillian last night, but I keep getting disconnected, like I would for aim. like about every 5 minutes it would show disconnected in my buddy list thing and then connected again a second later. and this happens when I'm talking to people so I miss what they say. this happened with aim too that's why I Tried something new but can anyone solve my problem with disconnecting? I have sbc yahoo dsl and am hooked up to a router if that has anything to do with anything.[/QUOTE]
Nobody cares about you or your problems. Get out of here.

bread's done
Back