Which B&M is a good place to get a 360 (warranty wise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maguszxz

CAGiversary!
Which is a good store warranty wise because I would to get mine on a product replacement warranty but I dont want to pay out the nose for one. Any ideas?

I believe CostCo changed it on Electronics for people abusing it. Although, they still seem pretty good about things (from what others say).

I would NOT buy the extended warranty though, as you have 1 year on everything and 3 on RROD.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Costco, easily. I believe they still have their lifetime warranty (or two years if they changed that).[/quote]

It hasn't been "a lifetime" for a pretty long time. And yes, it would be 2 year warranty from the day you buy it.

However there are two things going against buying it at Costco right now. First is that for some reason, the price only dropped $30 instead of the full $50 so instead of saving $20 buying it as a bundle, you're paying as much as you would if you bought it all seperately. Second is that a couple days ago, all of the current in-store bundles, the forza 2 bundles went to "clearence" and ended in a 7. That doesn't mean that they'll start dropping in price more, but simply that we won't be getting any more of that bundle at all.

Sadly, I haven't been able to find any mention of newer bundles within the computer, but it would be very stupid of them not to have them.

Oh, and the warranty change to 90 days only is on Cameras, Camcorders, Cell phones, Tv's, MP3 players, and Computers. Everything else is still 2 years.

[quote name='velvet396']is paying for a store warranty really that much better than the free MS 3-year 3rlod warranty?[/QUOTE]

Only semi-instant gratification, but I know some places only allow you to return it once (Best Buy if I recall correctly w/service plan).

[quote name='sonderiaom']It hasn't been "a lifetime" for a pretty long time. And yes, it would be 2 year warranty from the day you buy it. [/QUOTE]

Well, the last time I actually remember being in the store was to get a PS2 back in 03 (or whenever Vice City came out, because I remember buying that with it) for a gift for someone.

:D

[quote name='maguszxz']Which is a good store warranty wise because I would to get mine on a product replacement warranty but I dont want to pay out the nose for one. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Buy it wherever you want and buy the extended warranty through MS for $50-60.

The costco warranty is still lifetime unless you abuse it, trust me I just returned a 360 that RROD there yesterday. here is what there policy is

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

So a 360 is lifetime.

I was thinking about CC because I have had good relations with them on a stereo I bought from them. I don't like Sears, because of their lack of product and knowledge. I was think also Best Buy just not using their credit(had a incident with foreign customer service. What do ya;ll think?

[quote name='velvet396']is paying for a store warranty really that much better than the free MS 3-year 3rlod warranty?[/quote]

Because the 3 year warrenty only covers the RROD, what if something else happens? Then you are boned, unless you get the store warrenty. then you can just swap one out for a new on. They are expensive but kinda needed if you are paranoid like me, lol.

[quote name='velvet396']is paying for a store warranty really that much better than the free MS 3-year 3rlod warranty?[/QUOTE]

If you don't want to wait 4-6 weeks, then hell-yeah it is.

I have never had problems with best buy...I sent my first one in to msft (it was shortly after launch, and best buy didn't have any in stock), the next one that broke, I exchanged...and the 3rd one broke, I shipped it to best buy with the prp, and got a $420 gift card within 2 weeks of shipping it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back