Which Burnout and Grand Theft Auto?

LancerEvoX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just bought my PSP Slim yesterday, and I want to go buy GTA and Burnout but, just wondering, which game from both series should I get? (Just asking for opinions on anyone who has played either).

I liked Libery City Stories more, plus it's cheaper. Also get Burnout Legends since it's cheaper also and is the same game comparing it to Dominator.

I have both of those games.

Burnout Legends and for GTA I'll say Vice City Stories since I like Vice City better than Liberty City.

That's pretty much what it comes down to.

I played Legends on PSP, but bought Dominator instead since I wanted to try out the different mechanics and ended up liking it. Also of note: Legends has a more console-like career mode (a la Burnout 3) and Game Sharing while Dominator has downloadable tracks.

Legends also has a killer soundtrack. Had a lot of popular bands before they were popular, like Motion City Soundtrack and OK Go.

I'm a huge fan of Crash mode, so Legends gets my nod. Not to say that Dominator is bad, but the lack of crash mode really sucks. Plus, to me, it seems more finicky when it comes to crashes in races and such. Both have a good soundtrack, although I prefer Legends (but Dominator's soundtrack definitely fits the atmosphere of the game...except for that Spanish version of Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne. How in the world did that get in there?).

I think Dominator would be awesome if it just had Crash mode. I mean, they even have the 1 PSP multiplayer feature, the perfect nod to Crash mode. But noooo...

...Anyway...

I can't comment on the GTA games, as none of the GTA series have been my cup of tea.

[quote name='Watchman']Legends also has a killer soundtrack. Had a lot of popular bands before they were popular, like Motion City Soundtrack and OK Go.[/quote]

Come to think of it, I recall a lot of past Burnout games featuring bands that got big(ger) afterwards. That's one of the only EA games that ever got the soundtracks right. Maybe a few Need For Speeds too. The racing games have much more solid soundtrack offerings.

The EA Sports games always screw it up.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Come to think of it, I recall a lot of past Burnout games featuring bands that got big(ger) afterwards. That's one of the only EA games that ever got the soundtracks right. Maybe a few Need For Speeds too. The racing games have much more solid soundtrack offerings.

The EA Sports games always screw it up.[/QUOTE]

I liked SSX 3's soundtrack a lot. Burnout 3 and Legends had really awesome soundtrack. Need For Speed Underground had really good music selection also, its too bad I can't say the same for the sequel.

I think Vice City Stories is the superior GTA game. It has much better designed missions as well as better atmosphere and voice acting.

I'd say Burnout Dominator is the better choice of the Burnout games. Dominator isn't necessarily a better game, but Legends plays exactly like Burnout 3 so Dominator gives you a bit different experience.

bread's done
Back