Which do I get: R6 Vegas or Lost Planet?

Machikunas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So I picked up Rainbow 6 Vegas but I haven't opened it yet. I loved the demo, but it doesn't sound like any of my friends will be picking it up with me. I'm thinking about exchanging it for Lost Planet tomorrow, as I think my buddies might be getting it, but really the demo didn't impress me.

What do you guys who have Rainbow 6 think? Will there be cool people to play with online even though I'm rather new to the series, or will it be SC Chaos Theory where I'm learning to play and all the players are homophobic assholes screaming into their mics?

[quote name='Machikunas']So I picked up Rainbow 6 Vegas but I haven't opened it yet. I loved the demo, but it doesn't sound like any of my friends will be picking it up with me. I'm thinking about exchanging it for Lost Planet tomorrow, as I think my buddies might be getting it, but really the demo didn't impress me.

What do you guys who have Rainbow 6 think? Will there be cool people to play with online even though I'm rather new to the series, or will it be SC Chaos Theory where I'm learning to play and all the players are homophobic assholes screaming into their mics?[/QUOTE]
theyre very different games. to me rb6v is all about the multiplayer, i havent played it but that impression is coming from the 2 good xbx rb6 games.
lp is a 3rd person action shooter. not tactical like rb6.

[quote name='paz9x']theyre very different games. to me rb6v is all about the multiplayer, i havent played it but that impression is coming from the 2 good xbx rb6 games.
lp is a 3rd person action shooter. not tactical like rb6.[/QUOTE]

Right, I know that.

Yeah, I'm just going to go for it. I've been playing the Lost Planet demo and I'm just not getting into it.

If anyone wants to play some Rainbow Six Vegas with me I'd appreciate it, and I'm always looking to have some cool people on my friends list.

[quote name='Machikunas']
What do you guys who have Rainbow 6 think? Will there be cool people to play with online even though I'm rather new to the series, or will it be SC Chaos Theory where I'm learning to play and all the players are homophobic assholes screaming into their mics?[/QUOTE]

By and large the R6 community is pretty solid. Even your average squealing preteen is pretty sane, by comparison.

It's telling that I have yet to convince any friends to buy R6, but I still play it 90% of the time I play my 360, all of that online. It's got a nice multi-level vibe to its online modes... terrorist hunt co-op is very laid back while the other adversarial modes feel more like other online multiplayers. It's nice to have the option.

I got the game as a gift from my aunt and uncle who went to Vegas for a vacation so I got a Vegas Hat with it as well lol. The game rocks, seriouslly reminds me of the good times I had with GRAW. I love the customization you have in the game and the snake cam is sweet, wish I had that sucker when I was playing counterstrike lol.

Well, I played a bit and it seems cool. I'm excited to play multiplayer or co-op more than anything but I suppose I should practice a bit on the single player before embarassing myself, yeah?

Oh, and I'm glad to hear the the community is pretty cool. That's certainly my biggest gripe with online gaming.

Trust me, R6:V is addicting as fuck!

But the online community is pretty cool, but you'll probably play with some little kids with high pitched voices that boot you when you own the shit out of them.

Personally I'd go with R6:Vegas. I mean i played both Lost Planet Demo's and i dont know. Something about it doesnt really strike a note on my GOTTA PLAY IT menu! But as with R6:Vegas. I played the demo a couple time and actually got hooked to it. But its really a matter of choice. But i would say go with R6:Vegas. The online Community is really good. I love doing the Co-Op because everybody is really cool about it and i barley get TK'd (Team Killed). From the review i was reading in the new GamePro it even said that Lost Planet has nice visuals and gameplay but it loses some steam due to the amount of times you die and keep retrying. But hey i say test them both and go with the one you like the best. Thats my two cents.

[quote name='Machikunas']So I picked up Rainbow 6 Vegas but I haven't opened it yet. I loved the demo, but it doesn't sound like any of my friends will be picking it up with me. I'm thinking about exchanging it for Lost Planet tomorrow, as I think my buddies might be getting it, but really the demo didn't impress me.[/quote]I also did not dig the Lost Planet demo and really enjoyed the R6:V demo. Picked up Vegas a few weeks ago and have had trouble putting it down.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Trust me, R6:V is addicting as fuck!

But the online community is pretty cool, but you'll probably play with some little kids with high pitched voices that boot you when you own the shit out of them.[/QUOTE]
Oh god... Dont even remind me.

R6V has decent amount of people, for the most part they are good. Havnen't played too much but can't say I ran into any assholes the times I played.

Depends on what type of gameplay you like. Personally I REALLY like the slower, methodical pace of the R6 series (damn BB better be getting restocked soon). Not to mention that you have quite a few CAGs here that would be more that willing to game with ya.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Depends on what type of gameplay you like. Personally I REALLY like the slower, methodical pace of the R6 series (damn BB better be getting restocked soon). Not to mention that you have quite a few CAGs here that would be more that willing to game with ya.[/QUOTE]

if you like slow and methodical, Vegas isnt for you.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Depends on what type of gameplay you like. Personally I REALLY like the slower, methodical pace of the R6 series (damn BB better be getting restocked soon). Not to mention that you have quite a few CAGs here that would be more that willing to game with ya.[/QUOTE]

Well, I hear this has 4-player co-op. Any chance of getting 3 more people to give that a shot with me? or will I just be able to hop into an online co-op game easy enough?

Am I the only one here who didn't like rainbow 6? Granted I haven't played any of them since r3 for the pc. It just feels like cs now. It's a good game, it's just not really r6 anymore.

[quote name='arrrggghhh']Yikes. What if I preordered LP from gamestop, and I don't want it anymore. Do I have to go down there and tell them?[/QUOTE]

I've been able to cancel preorders easy enough before. Sometimes by calling, sometimes by just not picking it up. Whatever money I had down on the game, paid in full or not, has always just changed to store credit. I assume this is their universal policy but I'm sure someone else will reply letting you know for sure.

I think there are fewer aholes playing R6 because it requires alot more patience/talent/thought than your average FPS. Lost Planet will surely have lots of morons.

[quote name='Machikunas']Well, I hear this has 4-player co-op. Any chance of getting 3 more people to give that a shot with me? or will I just be able to hop into an online co-op game easy enough?[/QUOTE]

I'll probably be going through story co-op when my friend gets his copy in the mail. I'll shoot you a message when I do.

bread's done
Back