Which Is a better console for me?

FILTHY J NASTY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So I am wondering what every cagers view is on the systems? Which one do you own? Why did you choose this system?

Ps3 Players- I am a big online player, I am wondering does the ps3 multiplayer sufice? Do any of you friends from school have them? or do you play with random people?

Thanks

Well I used to own an xbox 360, but it seems to me the ps3, has some good games coming out and blueray. This different, I am not a hardcore gamer, I am casual gamer who likes to play online and stuff. This is why I made another one.

PS3 online is more than sufficient, it doesn't have all the things Live has, but it's far from unusable. I don't know too many people with a PS3, but I do have a few people on my friends list that I do know and I've played a few different games with them (Resistance, COD4, and R6 Vegas).

Also the PS3 is way way way more reliable than the 360, quieter, and the PS3 controllers are rechargeable. Also the PS3 has built in Wi-fi if you need that.

Most of the big games are coming out on PS3 and 360, so pretty it pretty much comes down to how much do you care about Halo 3 and Mass Effect?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']We already had this discussion WAY too many times:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158405

By the looks of your sig, you seem like a MS viral marketer.[/QUOTE]
You know, by the looks of your sig and your reactions to everything related to Sony, people could say you're a Sony viral marketer or possibly the CEO.
Anyway, I chose the 360 mainly because I enjoy fps's and the price was right. Sony has come a long way in making the price right and having some decent games, I just don't really have the funds now for a ps3 or I would likely be buying a ps3 too.

Title is misleading. I thought this would be a poll thread about which is the worst console. In which case I would vote for the PS3.

I really think it comes down to personal preference on exclusive games. If you like Killzone, Ratchet and Clank, and Socom (which rocked on PS2), then PS3 is the only way to go. On the other hand, if you dig Gears of War, Halo, and Mass Effect, etc. then you have to go with 360.

My 360 just broken, and yes, it is a pain in the butt not having it for 3 weeks or so. I will admit that this is probably my favorite console ever though.

Now that the PS3 is reasonable priced (especially with the free Blu-ray movies if your into that) it isn't a bad option anymore.

I wish I could share my impressions on PS3 more, but sadly I can't afford (and never will) to own all three systems. I bought a 360 when Gears of War came out and haven't been disappointed with it until it recently broke. Live is awesome and easy to use.

PS3 has some great games now, and more on the way. The only advantage is some bargain priced Platinum hit games on 360. I picked up Dead Rising and Splinter Cell Double Agent for $20 at TRU. Can't beat that.

Hopefully you will decide which console to buy. Either way, I don't think you will be disappointed.

PS - I didn't vote. I don't think it is right for me to pick which console to buy for someone else. Especially when I don't own a PS3 myself.
*Reads own post*
*Wii60 inner fanboy vaporizes*

the 3DO is expensive, but definitely next gen. Sega is supposedly coming out with an add on for the Genesis that'll make it 32 bit, which sounds very hopeful. Overall, my pick would have to be the CD-i. I mean, Nintendo only has one Zelda game on the Super Nintendo, but the CD-i has TWO new Zelda games. This doesn't bode well for Nintendo and really makes me doubt their future.

[quote name='Puffa469']Didn't anyone notice that the topic creator already appears to own a 360?[/quote]

No he doesn't he use to, but it broke , so he sold it. I think I have decided to just get another xbox 360

what system does your friend own? Cause if you get the system they dont own, you wont be playing with them.

[quote name='62t']what system does your friend own? Cause if you get the system they dont own, you wont be playing with them.[/QUOTE]

But if you get a different system than your friend you can play games of both systems, some on your system and some on your friend's.

Anyway, get a 360 (unless you have a great PC).

Hard to answer.
I think, if you like me you have to get all consoles.
Xbox360 > Fable2 (i want to play that so bad)
PS3 > FFXIII, MG4 (Shadow of the Colossus followup)
Wii > Papermario, Zelda, Mario Galaxie

You can not survive with one console alone to this date. There are certain games that, if you want to play them, you have to have the console.
Online is not an issue for me, since i am over with that partly of CS:S. God i hate it so much...:roll:
But i am convinced that at some point even Sony will have a good online service. Just needs time....

[quote name='FILTHY J NASTY']So I am wondering what every cagers view is on the systems? Which one do you own? Why did you choose this system?

Ps3 Players- I am a big online player, I am wondering does the ps3 multiplayer sufice? Do any of you friends from school have them? or do you play with random people?

Thanks[/quote]

[quote name='Apossum']the 3DO is expensive, but definitely next gen. Sega is supposedly coming out with an add on for the Genesis that'll make it 32 bit, which sounds very hopeful. Overall, my pick would have to be the CD-i. I mean, Nintendo only has one Zelda game on the Super Nintendo, but the CD-i has TWO new Zelda games. This doesn't bode well for Nintendo and really makes me doubt their future.[/quote]

That, my friend, is awesome- I hope that CD-i works out for you...really.

bread's done
Back