Which is the better? Megaman Anniversary or Megaman X Collection?

I say x collection is beter because of the refine game mechanics.If you like old school get megaman anniversary.Either way both games is must have even if your not a megaman fan.

Other than the crappy button configuration on the Anniversary Collection, they're both good. Obviously if you liked MMX better than the originals, you'd like the X Collection better, and vice versa.

Those old Mega Man games are no joke! I thought I just sucked but I fired up Mega Man on my NES and played fairly well. For some reason, I just can't control very well on the GC version. I can't speak for the X Collection since I haven't played it yet though.

The original Mega Man games were good (I personally liked 7 and 8 best since they had the most to them like the shop system) and I enjoyed all the games overall... but I absolutely fucking loved X Collection. I looked forward to X Collection since it was first announced and I love it. The gameplay is simply very polished and represents some of the best 2D gaming there is.

Next on Capcom's plate of re-releases: Battle Network Collection

You know it's coming.

Edit: Forgot to mention something relevent to the OP. If you can open up your controller and switch the wiring in the buttons, Anniversary would be great. The X collection I have not played yet, but reports are is that it is a better released. More polished.

Anniversary collection is much more enjoyable for me. All the NES MM games are solid, especially the first 3. I only liked MMX 1 & 4.

[quote name='onikage']Anniversary collection is much more enjoyable for me. All the NES MM games are solid, especially the first 3. I only liked MMX 1 & 4.[/QUOTE]

Right on... the Anniversary Collection is really where it's at. The MMX stuff falls apart pretty quickly. The inventive spark of the old school NES games just isn't there for me on the MMX titles.

The Mega Man X games had a lot more to them, than the original Mega Man games. However, Mega Man is a classic, and if you haven't played the original Mega Man games before I suggest you do.

I'd get Mega Man AC first, play though it and then get the Mega Man X collection.

[quote name='b3b0p']Next on Capcom's plate of re-releases: Battle Network Collection

You know it's coming.

[/QUOTE]
If only they release the GB Collection first...

[quote name='botticus']Other than the crappy button configuration on the Anniversary Collection, they're both good. Obviously if you liked MMX better than the originals, you'd like the X Collection better, and vice versa.[/QUOTE]
Did they fix the controls for X Collection? I couldn't play Anniversary Collection the way it was set up.

Has anyone opened their controller and switched the wires around? If no one has, I'm going to try it. I bought some Gamecube bits to open up my controller to do this, but have not go around to it yet.

bread's done
Back