Which microphone for RockBand and Singstar games?

noahj

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't own Rock Band or any Singstar games. However, i'd like to pick them both up just to do the singing.

I also want a couple cordless microphones to use them with. Which microphone should i buy? The Rock Band cordless for the PS3 or is there some other cordless mic from another company?

This should probably be posted in the PS2 FAQs thread, but I'll try to clear things up.

I could be wrong, but right now on PS3, there are NO cordless mics out on the market that work with either game.

Playing SingStar, SingStar mics work, but RB/GH/Logitech mics do NOT work because SingStar requires a USB converter for its mics (which comes with it).

Playing RB, the RB/GH/Logitech mics work AND SingStar mics work; however, I was not able to get a SingStar mic to work when you have to tap the mic in RB songs, but that was a while ago.

SingStar is coming out with wireless mics (they are in a testing phase right now), but they probably won't come out until next year.

I'm with Mana on this one. You'll find some folks who report that their SS mics work with RB pretty flawlessly. My personal experience is that my SS mic support in Rock Band was flaky at best.

I also don't think you'll find any wireless solutions right now.

PS - As someone who owns both games, I think you'll find that using Rock Band solely as a singing game will be pretty unsatisfying. RB singing is great in the group setting or occasional solo but far less satisfying that the SS experience for singing overall. Just my opinion. . .

bread's done
Back