Which MotherBoard?

Nearly all ATX cases support micro ATX motherboards. The micro ATX boards are shorter so you just have a big open space at the bottom of your case.

Out of those 2 boards, I'd go with the Asus one. Even though neither one has solid reviews, Asus usually makes better quality boards.

If I had to chose though I would go with asus. Foxxcon has a on again and off again track record. They make stuff cheap and it shows in their products.

Personally though I dont like asus either. I dont like their bios setups they use and Ive seen to many for my liking crap out after a year or so. So I personally dont use them or any of the products really. Ever since they developed a problem with certains brands of ram I havent liked them either, I dont even use that ram but the fact the problem continues unchanged I dont care for them.

As a alternative suggestion though I would reccomend this board. Yes I know its 20 bucks more but it has a 10 dollar rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128414

Gigabyte has always made no frills but solid boards and they have gotten alot better in the past couple years. Now they are what I go to first. Ive never had incompatibility problems, their bios is wide open, the board layouts are nice, they dont skimp on inputs really and make just a good quality product. Ive got gigabyte in both my pcs down here for awhile now and never had a issue, didnt with the ones before these either.

2 primary things you dont want to buy cheap on is your motherboard and your power supply. You can get away with cheap ram most times, cpu wont matter since your always getting amd or intel products just speed is only difference in price, cheap hard drives you can get by on and such but the PSU and MOBO are the two things you shouldnt get cheap on because if you do thats where your problems will in most cases come from.

And yes it should work with no problems since motherboard manufacturers supply the rear I/O shield for your motherboard. Ive stuck many a micro atx in a mid size tower.

My game rig I put a micro in a mid size just to save on money because honestly for a game rig all I need is 1 pci and pcie slot, all the rest is wasted. Im going to put one in my 2nd pc next time because again only need those 2 slots.

If you need help shoot me a pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back