Which of the following channels did you grow up watching?

I just got compelled to list a bunch of the shows I can remember, these are from the 80s and early 90s alone. Kids got shafted since then. I know I'm missing some!

Captain N
Garfield
Droids: R2D2 and C3PO cartoon
Ewoks
C.O.P.S.
Denver the last dinosaur
Inspector Gadget
Snorks
Duck Tales
TMNT
Pound Puppies
Police Academy
Rambo
Captain Planet
Dangermouse
Thundercats
Road Runner
He-Man
Care Bears
Dennis the Menace
Smurfs
Gummi Bears
Rescue Rangers
Talespin
Doug
Batman
Popeye
Bugs Bunny
Darkwing Duck
Fat Albert
Tom & Jerry
Alvin & Chipmunks
Heathcliff
Reboot
Kissyfur
Camp Candy
Jetsons
GI Joe
Flintstones
Yogi The Bear
Mighty Mouse
Mickey Mouse
Scooby Doo
Double Dare
Super Mario Bros Super Show
Super Mario Bros 3
Zelda
Transformers
Muppet Babies
Tiny Toons
Duck Man
Pro Stars (Bo Jackson, Jordan, Gretzky)
Ghostbusters

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Thunder thunder thunder thunder CATS!

P.S. Anyone remember "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!!!!"?[/QUOTE]

Hell yes!

I didnt have cable when I was younger, so pbs kids/fox kids/wb kids/disney one saturday morning, and all those other cool tv shows/cartoons they aired at noon on weekends. van-pires, wmac masters, beetleborgs, spiderman, xmen, ironman, mummies alive, cubix, mightymax, animaniacs, mighty ducks, power rangers, gargoyles, eathworm jim, the tick, freakazoid, aladdin, beast master, hercules, xena. lol Good stuff back then. Now all they air is shit.

i lucked out and had cable. Watched every network that had to do with cartoons. I wish most of the stuff went on DVD already like You Can't do That on television or The Mutant League.

[quote name='J7.']I just got compelled to list a bunch of the shows I can remember, these are from the 80s and early 90s alone. Kids got shafted since then. I know I'm missing some!

Garfield
Ewoks
Denver the last dinosaur
Inspector Gadget
Snorks
TMNT
Pound Puppies
Captain Planet
Dangermouse
Care Bears
Dennis the Menace
Rescue Rangers
Talespin
Batman
Popeye
Fat Albert
Tom & Jerry
Alvin & Chipmunks
Heathcliff
Jetsons
Flintstones
Super Mario Bros 3
Zelda
Muppet Babies
Tiny Toons

Hell yes![/QUOTE]

Ahhh yes I can't believe I forgot to include TMNT in my list before. :lol:

I remember when NBC used to advertise the Saturday morning cartoons in Marvel Comics. (great shows like the Snorks, and Mr. T and his mystery solving gymnasts!)

What I really loved was CBS arcade shows featuring cartoons based on video games. (Donkey Kong, Qbert, Pole Position). To this day and after not hearing the song for probably over 25 years I still can recall the Pole Position theme song.

[quote name='J7.']I just got compelled to list a bunch of the shows I can remember, these are from the 80s and early 90s alone. Kids got shafted since then. I know I'm missing some!

Captain N
Garfield
Ewoks
C.O.P.S.
Denver the last dinosaur
Inspector Gadget
Snorks
Duck Tales
TMNT
Pound Puppies
Police Academy
Rambo
Captain Planet
Dangermouse
Thundercats
Road Runner
He-Man
Care Bears
Dennis the Menace
Smurfs
Gummi Bears
Rescue Rangers
Talespin
Doug
Batman
Popeye
Bugs Bunny
Darkwing Duck
Fat Albert
Tom & Jerry
Alvin & Chipmunks
Heathcliff
Reboot
Kissyfur
Camp Candy
Jetsons
GI Joe
Flintstones
Yogi The Bear
Mighty Mouse
Mickey Mouse
Scooby Doo
Double Dare
Super Mario Bros 3
Zelda
Transformers
Muppet Babies
Tiny Toons
Duck Man
Pro Stars (Bo Jackson, Jordan, Gretzky)
Ghostbusters

Hell yes![/QUOTE]

Out of all those shows the only one that is still regularly aired is Tom & Jerry on Cartoon Network.

There's also Batman, TMNT, and Garfield on Cartoon Network but they are a totally new series.

One could say that Star War: Clone Wars is today's Star Wars: Droids and Ewoks.

The new Scooby Doo's air regularly and they're not that bad - excpet for the movies.

Probably the most butchered franchise is Mickey Mouse in the form of Mickey Mouse Club House.

Nick: Aaahhh! Real monsters, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, and Sponge bob.
Kids WB:pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
Cartoon Network: Dragon Ball Z, Samurai Jack, and Johnny Bravo.

And i think that's really all i watched when i was a kid.

[quote name='eldergamer']I remember when NBC used to advertise the Saturday morning cartoons in Marvel Comics. (great shows like the Snorks, and Mr. T and his mystery solving gymnasts!)

What I really loved was CBS arcade shows featuring cartoons based on video games. (Donkey Kong, Qbert, Pole Position). To this day and after not hearing the song for probably over 25 years I still can recall the Pole Position theme song.[/QUOTE]

that pole position was the shit as was galaxy highs theme. that rubicks cube cartoon was shit though but surprisingly enough it had an all latino cast which was rare for the 80s outside of menudo. i used to love that bearnstain bear cartoon too.

[quote name='lokizz']that pole position was the shit as was galaxy highs theme. that rubicks cube cartoon was shit though but surprisingly enough it had an all latino cast which was rare for the 80s outside of menudo. i used to love that bearnstain bear cartoon too.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the berenstain bears. There was also some little critter show or something.

[quote name='J7.']I forgot about the berenstain bears. There was also some little critter show or something.[/QUOTE]

i know the one youre talking about because i think it was based off a series of books that were popular then. the main character was a porcupine i think.

bread's done
Back