Which of these games do you think will get GOTY

[quote name='CaseyRyback']never said that. Some people prefer to play with a controller and thats fine, but they are the reason that no one has released a kb/m game on the Xbox. People who play with controllers would get stomped so bad due to how slow things move and react with a controller. If you want proof go ask anyone who played Quake 3 or UT on the DC first on a controller, and then ask how much they improved after the switch[/quote]

I still don't see your point. All of your statements are not validated in the least. People could say that kb/m is inferior because you can't keep up a constant turn without lifting the mouse. And as far as the using the DC controller, most people I know preferred the controller over the keyboard and mouse. They had the games on PC and Dreamcast and preferred the dreamcast. Others even play Halo PC online with an Xbox controller adapter and they do just fine. They don't get "stomped."

I think Halo 2 WILL get GOTY for the hype alone. I'm not saying it SHOULD win because I haven't played it yet.

Then again, my tastes aren't always mainstream. I think Beyond Good & Evil was the most impressive and innovative games I've played all year.

[quote name='repetske'][quote name='CaseyRyback']never said that. Some people prefer to play with a controller and thats fine, but they are the reason that no one has released a kb/m game on the Xbox. People who play with controllers would get stomped so bad due to how slow things move and react with a controller. If you want proof go ask anyone who played Quake 3 or UT on the DC first on a controller, and then ask how much they improved after the switch[/quote]

I still don't see your point. All of your statements are not validated in the least. People could say that kb/m is inferior because you can't keep up a constant turn without lifting the mouse. And as far as the using the DC controller, most people I know preferred the controller over the keyboard and mouse. They had the games on PC and Dreamcast and preferred the dreamcast. Others even play Halo PC online with an Xbox controller adapter and they do just fine. They don't get "stomped."[/quote]

That's why there's an unbound turn left and turn right key t hat you can bind to something in, at least, Quake3. I don't know about other engines.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='repetske']So because you are better using a keyboard and mouse, that makes it a better control method for everyone? I just wanted to make sure I had it right?[/quote]

never said that. Some people prefer to play with a controller and thats fine, but they are the reason that no one has released a kb/m game on the Xbox. People who play with controllers would get stomped so bad due to how slow things move and react with a controller. If you want proof go ask anyone who played Quake 3 or UT on the DC first on a controller, and then ask how much they improved after the switch[/quote]

Truthfully, it made a huge difference on UTDC for me. I was playing with a controller online and I would hardly get a kill. Finally, I bought a mouse (already had a keyboard), and then I immediately killed three to four times more people than before.

IMO, gamers should stick with what is more fun for them. If they like to play with a controller better, then they should stick with it. But in the end, a kb and mouse will always give the best control, and they will be at a disadvantage to users who are using the kb and mouse.

It's a VERY difficult choice but surrounding all the hype around Halo 2 I would have to say that will definitely be the one.

I don't think Conker is due until '05, but then I doubt it will be a GOTY anyway.

I guess I'd go with Halo 2 or Half-Life 2. Games with the most hype get the biggest look so that gives 'em a definite advantage.

[quote name='MrBadExample']I think Halo 2 WILL get GOTY for the hype alone. I'm not saying it SHOULD win because I haven't played it yet.

Then again, my tastes aren't always mainstream. I think Beyond Good & Evil was the most impressive and innovative games I've played all year.[/quote]

I definately WOULDN'T mind if BG&E got GotY...I like you, think a game like this certainly deserves the nod...

So far I'll say Zelda: Four Swords Adventures. The only game that could beat it is probably Pikmin 2, since Viewtiful Joe 2 isn't coming till next year I hear :(

[quote name='repetske']I still don't see your point. All of your statements are not validated in the least. People could say that kb/m is inferior because you can't keep up a constant turn without lifting the mouse. And as far as the using the DC controller, most people I know preferred the controller over the keyboard and mouse. They had the games on PC and Dreamcast and preferred the dreamcast. Others even play Halo PC online with an Xbox controller adapter and they do just fine. They don't get "stomped."[/quote]

Yes, they do get stomped. Take, for example, the short period when PC players could play Dreamcast players at Quake 3 Arena. The PC players absolutely raped the Dreamcast players. It's not a matter of preferring a controller or a kb/m setup, it's a fact that you can input your movement faster with a kb/m than with a controller (well, at least when you are turning), and you can have more precise control with a mouse over an analog stick.

Also, you should probably remove Killer 7 from the list of options...it will most likely be out in Feb. 2005.

I think it will be halo 2, HL2 will be a better game but it's high specs will leave alot of people in the dark. So everyone will be playing Halo 2 on their xbox and on live.

Halo 2 or Resident Evil 4 will probably be the critic's sweetheart this year. Personally, it's a split between Burnout 3, Metroid Prime 2 and Gran Turismo 4.

Any way you slice it, this is probably the best year for videogames, even better than 2003. Some of these games should have been out last year, and are now finally making their way to 2004. But I think this is the biggest fall and winter season for video games in this generation, due to so many high-profile games to be released.

Halo 2, NG or GTA will most likley get GOTY, while I perpict Sudeki and fable to get most dissapointing.

I hope I'm wrong about sudeki and fable.

To simplify what game of the year means let's say IGN's game of the year.

And I bet Halo 2 will win because critics ejaculated all over the first one. (I didn't care much for it though.)

Half-life 2 will probably be the runner-up.

Though the game I'm most looking forward to is Prince of Persia 2, with Metroid Prime 2 as a close second.

Halo 2.

Half-life 2 will get pc game and mgs 3 will get ps2, don't care bout gamecube.

Halo 2 will get it cuz it's just gonna be great, multi-player on live will rule and the single player story will kick butt.

MGS 3 will have a great story
Half life 2 will be great but won't win because it's gonna be a demanding game so more people are gonna push for just popping a disc into their xbox.

not a pc gamer anymore cuz it costs to much.

Wtf, I don't see Tales of Symphonia on the list!! As for the game of the year, that'd be tough, there's some excellent games out or coming out this year...so far I've been most satisfied with Ninja Gaiden for X Box though.

bread's done
Back