Which of these would you go with???

HeartLessJacKaL

CAG Veteran
Ok I just bought a DS here recently and I don't want to get any scratches on the Touch Screen and I was wondering which of these I should buy to help prevent it from happening???

(#1) - Battle Stylus ( $14.95 + $5.75 S&H )

or

(#2) - Wait until the July 10th and just buy some Hori Screen Protectors from EB Games when they come out ( $6.99 + A trip to EB Games )

[quote name='Cornfedwb']How does a stylus of any sort protect the screen?[/QUOTE]
http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=NINDS&S=3

"Advanced screen-safe EasyView™ stylus tip to protect your screen." I'm not convinced you need either one. Your screen isn't going to end up like the demo units in stores that are scratched to hell from a million kids using that crude poking device to carve their initials on it.

I've had my DS for a good three months now, and have 8 DS games. I play them a lot, and I mean a lot, as I've gone on three road trips and 1 plane trip during the time I've had it.

There isn't a scratch that I can see on my DS screen.

Like BIG5 said, if you don't use all your might to press down on the screen, it won't scratch like the demo units.

Also, why does it really matter? The system is gonna have a little wear and tear. It wasn't made to look pretty all the time, and scratches will happen. They might not look beautiful, but if you have all of your pixels and no dust, I think you're in pretty good shape. Don't go spending 15 dollars to protect something that's going to inevitably scratch anyway.

Oh, and by the way. I hear the screen protectors are more trouble than their worth, but I wouldn't know.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I've had my DS for a good three months now, and have 8 DS games. I play them a lot, and I mean a lot, as I've gone on three road trips and 1 plane trip during the time I've had it.

There isn't a scratch that I can see on my DS screen.

Like BIG5 said, if you don't use all your might to press down on the screen, it won't scratch like the demo units.

Also, why does it really matter? The system is gonna have a little wear and tear. It wasn't made to look pretty all the time, and scratches will happen. They might not look beautiful, but if you have all of your pixels and no dust, I think you're in pretty good shape. Don't go spending 15 dollars to protect something that's going to inevitably scratch anyway.

Oh, and by the way. I hear the screen protectors are more trouble than their worth, but I wouldn't know.[/QUOTE]

I'm usually pretty nuts about keeping my systems in perfect shape but I'm taking this approach with the DS. The touch screen was made to be used and after a while it may show some slight wear. It won't get crazy scratched like those demo units so I wouldn't worry. Like others have stated I've used my DS quite a bit and I've yet to get any scratches.

I don't know about anyone else, but every Nintendo console or handheld I've ever owned has been nothing short of military-grade. They're built to last--probably more than any electronic devices I've ever owned, so I doubt you have anything to worry about.

just beware of games like Wario Ware-- sometimes it gets intense and you accidently press to hard(like when you have to pop bubbles or something)

Nothing, no matter what it is, will every keep a handheld perfect. Its a handheld, and will have some sort of wear and tear. As long as you don't use keys or a knife to control your touch screen, you'll be fine.

[quote name='defiance_17']I don't know about anyone else, but every Nintendo console or handheld I've ever owned has been nothing short of military-grade. They're built to last--probably more than any electronic devices I've ever owned, so I doubt you have anything to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Its true.......all the GB incarnations I've owned have been dropped repeatedly and in one case soaked in a lake........they worked perfectly after, well except the wet Game Boy pocket which had to be dried first.

bread's done
Back