Which phone should I get?

bil4l

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, I'm going to start a 1 year contract with T-mobile on Thursday and I was planning on getting a Sidekick II, but when I checked out the site today they had a phone I hadn't seen on their site before. It's the Palm One Treo 600. The Palm looks like it will do everything that the Sidekick II does and maybe a little more, it costs $50 less then the Sidekick, but I would be paying $15 more per month for the data.

Here's the Treo 600:
http://www.tmobile.com/products/overview.asp?phoneid=256345&class=phone

...and the Sidekick II:
http://www.tmobile.com/products/overview.asp?phoneid=229040&class=phone

I don't give a damn about the coolness, but I figure if one does more things and is better at them I should go with that one, but I have no experience with either of them so any help from my fellow CAGS would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

I'd go with the Sidekick II. All of the rappers have one, and you'd be so "scene" with it. :lol:

Really, it doesn't cost $15 more a month for "data". The other one would cost more in the long run.

I don't understand what you're talking about? The Sidekick II is $20 for the web and texting, and the Palm would be $35 for texting and web, however I've been researching the Palm and it seems to be able to to do a lot more then the Sidekick in addition to having a camera, so I'm somewhat leaning toawards the Palm right now, any more input?

Let's say you are invited to a dinner, an upscale french restaurant, where "necktie" is a must "accessory" for men beside shirt, dress shoe (leather shoe, or whatever). When your palm rings, you can still pick it up and look like a professional. With sidekick, you will get your ass kicked instead LOL (or a sidekick to your neck a'la brucelee).

I was talking about how you said the Palm costs $15 more per month, and how that would cost more money over a period of a year than the Sidekick would.

Lol, never mind what I have to say. I don't own a cell phone at all. I was just trying to be helpful, sorry. =\

It's quite okay, I would end up paying more for the Palm, but it just seems like there is a lot of software available for it, which I don't think the Sidekick has.

Get the palm. Sidekicks are only around still cause they paid all of those celebs to push it and then give them free service and a phone. So high school kids think its the shit. If you want a real phone that is good get the palm.

What are you looking for in the phone? I would suggest the LG VX8100. Seems to me this phone has everything you are looking for, Bluetooth, video, camera, etc.

bread's done
Back