Which PS3 Package Will You Buy?

Ricochet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So I figured, with the new news about the $499 PS3 having an HDMI port, it'd be interesting to see how many of those wanting to buy a PS3 at some point would choose the cheaper package. I stress 'wanting to buy' to fend off those who have written off the system already and will just post how wii60 will dominate or something.

In any case, I'll probably go for the cheaper one if I can find it. No need to have the extra crap they throw in for a hundred bucks more - HMDI was the only thing I really wanted anyhow.

For those who aren't sure what the difference is between the two packages, I'll refer you here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_3#System_configuration

I'd go for the cheaper one but I'm concerned about how much HDD space games will end up needing. I'm also wondering about the need for Flash cards.

wii60 will dominate YoUr something :lol: Just kidding, interesting post. I'd would've never considered the cheaper PS3 w/no HDMI. But now....

[quote name='Dezuria']I'd go for the cheaper one but I'm concerned about how much HDD space games will end up needing. I'm also wondering about the need for Flash cards.[/quote]

Yeah, what's the need for the flash card slots? I vaguely remember something about them being used for PS1/PS2 memory saves, but I might just be imagining things. Depending on what those are for will probably sway me in one direction or the other.

I think 599 would have a better resale (aside from the obvious 100) in some time. I would get the 599, not really the 40gb that sold me, but built in wifi (I can use an ethernet cord no problem tho) makes it a little better. But if the pricedrop was here too (410 for the 499) I would get that.

But most likely wont get one at launch.

The $499 version is going to be hard to find. When BB had 360 launch AND 2nd launch, they only had 3-4 cores. With Sony mimicking numbers and the pro and core ratios. I can see this repeating at stores again.

On launch day I'll buy the $600 to sell on eBay.

When I buy one for myself next year, the $500 version is fine with me.

bread's done
Back