Which PS3 SKU would you choose?

Strifekw

CAGiversary!
If you had a chance to buy an 40gb PS3 for around $310, or an 80gb PS3 for around $350-385, which one would you choose?

$350-385: The 80gb PS3 comes with a Dualshock 3 controller. **New model, no BC
-or-
$310: The 40gb PS3 comes with only a Sixaxis controller. No BC

What I really want to know is whether or not 40gb will be enough for all my games.

I plan on getting:
MGS4
Soulcalibur4
DMC4
Streetfighter 4
CoD4
Valkyria Chronicles
Resident Evil 5
LBP
FF13
FF13VS
Killzone2

Maybes:
Resistance2
Tekken6
White Knight

With a list like this ^, should I get a 40gb or 80gb (both have NO backwards compatibility)?

I was thinking about the new 80gb LBP bundle that was going to come out, but all the news I've read only stated that Europe was going to get it on October 31.

(BTW, I can get the 40gb because a friend got it for a gift and he's willing to sell it to me for $310 because he already has one. I can get the new 80gb PS3 for $350-385 because of Ebay.)

If there's only a $40 difference, why not get the 80GB? It's worth it for the DS3 alone. Any more though and I'd have to think about it but would probably still shoot for an 80GB.

You shouldn't worry about hard drive size, because you can easily upgrade the hard drive on the PS3. If you can get the 80GB model for $350, though, go for it, because as the other poster alluded to, you're probably going to want to pick up a DS3 eventually, anyway.

bread's done
Back