Which Rechargable Batteries for 360 Controller to get?

cod4rulez4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I want to ditch the MS Battery pack...its definitely failing on one of my controllers. I want to go the rechargeable AA battery route, but I don't know which ones are good. Any advice?

How is it failing on one of your controllers?

I've been using 2 MS packs for quite some time now, basically since launch. How long of a charge are you getting out of it?

If you need rechargeables, I'd get eneloops. Some rechargeable duracells have a white top, which are rebranded eneloops.

I use rechargeables also, I think they are cheap and simplify my life, since I can use them for pretty much anything, from remotes to wallclocks to toys and cameras.

With that said, I just use some regular GP Ni-MH with 1800mAh. I think by the end of the day there isn't really a whole lot of difference: just get the cheapest one that you can get with the highest capacity, because they don't drain too fast. Even with my 2 year old batteries I still get around 60 hours of gameplay before having to recharge them.

Don't worry too much about it, since over time they'll degrade anyway.

i own two microsoft recharageable battery packs and one of them runs out of juice in two hours. sucks because there are times when both packs will be out of juice (i.e. the decent one will run out and i'll have forgotten to charge the 2-hour one) and i'll have to resort to batteries.

i also second the eneloops. they hold their charge for an amazing amount of time. i bought a set of them and am just waiting for my 360 battery packs to completely die off before switching over completely to eneloops. what i love most about them is how long they hold their charge for when not in use. they can just sit there for months and still work fine after i start using them. my 360 battery packs - if i'm gone for a weekend and decide to start using them when i get back, both will have already discharged which is very annoying -_-

I'm using Duracell "pre-charged" batteries. No idea yet how long they hold their charge when not in use (the claim is 75% after one year) but I know that they last much longer when used. The MS pack I used to have would quickly drain out even when disconnected from the controller.

Hybrids by Rayovac have been working great for me, not in 360 but in wii, a pair will go for like weeks, and they don't drain like others do.

I think I charge them once a month, and they easily get over 60 hours each, with days inbetween of non-use.

I'm using Sanyo Ni-MH 2700 rechargeable and recommend you don't buy this one. There's nothing wrong with the batteries itself but it fits too snugly in the 360 battery case. It doesn't slide out easily like regular battery.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. To answer your questions, I have two rechargeable packs, one I got in 2006 when I got the system, and one a few years later. The 2006 one doesn't keep a charge too well...it takes forever for the charge light to go green, and when I does, I can play with it, but then when I stop playing and come back the next day, its discharged...it's pretty aggravating and I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I feel like eventually the other pack will do the same thing. I think that going the rechargeable AA route will work, and I will definitely look in the options presented here.

I didn't know that MS battery packs were as much a gamble as the system itself. I guess I'll be picking up rechargable batteries like the OP.

I've never bothered or found any point in buying the battery packs. They're more expensive then rechargables and are limited in what they can be used for.
I've used just the cheapest rechargables I could find basically since I got my 360. A pack of 4, while 2 are in use, the other 2 are charging up. Just go into the nearest store and buy the cheapest rechargables available...

bread's done
Back