Which Shows on Showtime, HBO, and other Movie Related Networks are worth watching?

[quote name='darthbudge']Flight of the Conchords.[/QUOTE]

FALSE

that show was good when it was called Tenacious D.

[quote name='DestroVega']FALSE

that show was good when it was called Tenacious D.[/QUOTE]

Flight of the Conchords was an excellent One Night Stand on HBO. Never understood why they made it into a show. Those guys are hillarious when a bewildered live audience is in front of them. But when they repackage all that into shitty skits, a lot of steam is lost.

I wish Jemaine would go back to doing Outback Steakhouse commercials though.

SHOWTIME
Dexter
Weeds

HBO
Entourage
True Blood (One of my favs of all-time on HBO)

If you can get some on-demand Sopranos and The Wire must be watched.

I have to admit, I like True Blood. It's certainly not raising the bar for TV, as the Wire did, but it's fun popcorn. HBO doesn't have anything particularly cerebral right now, which is a bummer. Can't freaking wait for the final Curb season, and I miss the short-lived Extras (which may have only been meant for a single season, I'm not sure). Have DVRd Hung, but having trouble getting into it. That said, Entourage is good for what it is, and their specials (i.e. The Alzheimer's Project") are often peerless. Damn you Deadwood, why'd you have to leave us so soon!?

Edit: can't believe I forgot Big Love. Very good, IMHO. Also, as for the Flight of the Conchords criticism, it is very much in debt to the D for its format, but it's also much more fantastical---enough that it's substantially different. Too clever to pass off as completely derivative. But that's just me

As for Showtime, Dexter is phenomenal, Weeds is good but not as good as it used to be, and Nurse Jackie is my favorite new show this season. That last one totally took me by surprise this year.

[quote name='Magus8472']I'll reiterate Dexter, Weeds and True Blood for the nth time. T[/QUOTE]

10thed

I'll also back Flight of the Concords although aren't they pretty much out of ideas?

bread's done
Back