Which Site Had the Best April Fools?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']April Fools Day was fun when I was still crapping my pants and eating boogers. Who gives a rats ass anymore.[/quote]
Are you kidding me?' Go read GoogleGulp and GoogleTSiP and youll be crapping your pants again.

[quote name='E_G_Man']www.woot.com had one that made me chuckle.[/QUOTE]
That was actually a real item and if you figured out the coupon code you would get a $1,000,000 discount.

In the past these items have a been a Wii or a plasma HDTV.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']April Fools Day was fun when I was still crapping my pants and eating boogers. Who gives a rats ass anymore.[/quote]

:roll:

I like the Bush thing, but most suck. April Fools has turned into something like the newer "The Simpsons Halloween Specials", they are just lame things that the creators are expected to do. Simpson Halloween isn't scary or good, and April Fools jokes aren't good or funny.

[quote name='Sporadic']None of them.

They all suck and are 100% predictable/over-the-top.

April Fools on the internet just doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

So the wii helmet was predicable.

I fell for the Gmail thing...but only because I just woke up when I checked it, and anymore one day just runs into the next for me.

[quote name='David85']I like the Bush thing, but most suck. April Fools has turned into something like the newer "The Simpsons Halloween Specials", they are just lame things that the creators are expected to do. Simpson Halloween isn't scary or good, and April Fools jokes aren't good or funny.[/quote]

The simpsons halloween episodes were never scary, unless you're a little kid or something. The techcrunch article was highly well put together and very believable, especially the way they presented it. Thepiratebay one made me do a double take when I read it and gave me a good chuckle when I figured it was an April Fool's joke.

The www.google.com/tisp was the best IMO. I was checking that out at 7am today (not realizing it was April 1) and I was so pumped. I was all ready to order my free kit and cancel Comcast until I got to the part about flushing the wire down the toilet to reach a node. Then it hit me.

[quote name='seanr1221']I fell for the Gmail thing...but only because I just woke up when I checked it, and anymore one day just runs into the next for me.[/quote]

The paper one? Yeah, it fooled me as well. I check my e-mail every morning, and I read it thinking "Wow that's really cool of them!" I still thought it was real until reading this thread. :dunce:

[quote name='David85']That didn't tell you something was up with Google? :)[/quote] Or the fact they say its nano-bot protected.

The only not-usually-scary-tv-show halloween episode that scared me was a boy meets world one

the facebook april fools day stuff was pretty funny.

[quote name='evilmax17']Did we have one this year?[/QUOTE]
No since Cheapy is busy with his visiting parents this weekend.

utorrent was funny as hell, but i think ThinkGeek took the cake, especially since i saw the "My other shirt is clever" and thought that was another joke

I managed to avoid being online most of the day, but YTMND's "Yspace" gag was decent.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']April Fools Day was fun when I was still crapping my pants and eating boogers.[/QUOTE]
You had a BLAST in 2005.

[quote name='nharmon91']Are you kidding me?' Go read GoogleGulp and GoogleTSiP and youll be crapping your pants again.[/QUOTE]

It was retarded, but it didn't make me retarded.

April Fools failed this year. Try it again next week.

[quote name='packerfan10']http://forums.gameinformer.com/gi

They got rid of there Off Topic bord. Throwing the message board into an anarchy like state. Its still not up however.[/QUOTE]
Leave it to Game Informer to do something that'd backfire like that...

And the great thing about ytmnd's is not the Yspace thing, but the silly Bush animation when you clicked a link. All these places trying to pretend they have a new thing is getting old. The animation was silly but effective at making me laugh.

TWiT had a good one.
http://www.twit.tv/gotcha
[quote name='TWiT']I have some very exciting news. G4 Entertainment Inc has agreed to acquire TWiT in an exchange for stock and $1 cash.

We've been in extensive conversations for the past few months, but I've been reluctant to say anything until today. Here's an excerpt from the G4 press release which crossed the wires a few hours ago:

G4 CEO , Loof Slirpa, said about the merger, "The synergy between G4's smokin' hot babes and classic TV series, and the TWiTs high end tech knowledge will allow us to reach a vast audience of teenage boys and disaffected computer programmers."

Entrepreneur and media commentator Mike Arrington of Techcrunch.com said, "The dynamic synergy between the old web and the new makes this a win-win for everyone but the audience. I wish I had thought of it first."

The combined companies' new slogan will be "Netcasts you love, from babes in short skirts. This is G4twitTV."

Chief TWiT, Leo Laporte said, "I'm moving to Canada."[/quote]

^^ man the funniest thing about that is there's a guy named Loof,

lol I bet he dreams of becoming King of the Pirates, and wears a straw hat

[quote name='JEKKI']^^ man the funniest thing about that is there's a guy named Loof[/quote]

Read "Loof Slirpa" backwards.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Read "Loof Slirpa" backwards.[/quote]

Wow I can't believe I missed that.

bread's done
Back