Which store are you planning to wait out at?

DX_Psycho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
i have no 24-hour walmarts around here. Does anyone know which stores are going to have a midnight sale?

i have a gamecrazy near here.

do people who reserve usually get their systems on launch?

I'm going to go to Home Depot. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if I'll have enough time.

[quote name='DX_Psycho']i have no 24-hour walmarts around here. Does anyone know which stores are going to have a midnight sale?

i have a gamecrazy near here.

do people who reserve usually get their systems on launch?[/quote]

The best thing you can do is check around to various stores. Many gamestop/eb games do special 12 a.m. midnight release party type sales. You'll have to wait in line a while, but it should almost garuntee you a system.

[quote name='BIG5']I'm going to go to Home Depot. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if I'll have enough time.[/QUOTE]

Old School :rofl: Did you know there is going to be a sequel? anyways I will be camping out at good ol' Wally World for 12+ hours.

Best buy
since they tend to get the most consoles.

But i might check in at the local 24/7 walmart first.

waiting inside is better then outside.

Circuit City for me. I think we should make a thread to list who is camping at what stores and maybe we can meet some fellow CAG's that way.

I had a nice experience with the 360 a Circuit City camp out.

Be careful with K-Mart's. Last time, the local one got 0 360s at launch.

Toys R' Us is also a potentially good camp out spot if your local BB/CC/Target/WM is packed.

I plan on getting a lot of my friends together, pay them $50 each to wait 12+ hours with me and buy as many ps3's as I can which should be around 20 PS3s! And after I get all of those systems I plan on buying my dream mansion, thank you SONY, you technically are going to be buying me my first house....well them and the idiots on ebay :)

No but seriously, I plan on buying 2 or 3, 1 for myself and the other ones just for some quick cash for xmas gifts. I plan on going to either Sears or Walmart for the launch.

[quote name='Prepster']
No but seriously, I plan on buying 2 or 3, 1 for myself and the other ones just for some quick cash for xmas gifts. I plan on going to either Sears or Walmart for the launch.[/QUOTE]

You might want to keep that info to yourself. Not that I personally have a problem with it, but a lot of folks around here don't take kindly to hoarders.

Not that I'd ever hoard anything. I find it more trouble than it's worth, but to each his own.

I was going to wait at my Fye from 7pm to launch but im thinking of taking my reserve back. The last issue of gameinformer made a very convincing point. The book showed a chart of the prices of older systems(and alot of people are complaining about the price you know what fuck them.) and if you look them up most of the systems that came out in the 80's and early 90's(neo geo,SNES etc...) costed about 600-1100, neo geo was 1209. But after about a month the systems dropped AT LEAST 50$, the ps2 dropped 50$ most of the other systems dropped 100$-400$. That chart they gave me convinced me to wait till after christmas to buy one.

[quote name='Prepster']I plan on getting a lot of my friends together, pay them $50 each to wait 12+ hours with me and buy as many ps3's as I can which should be around 20 PS3s! And after I get all of those systems I plan on buying my dream mansion, thank you SONY, you technically are going to be buying me my first house....well them and the idiots on ebay :)

No but seriously, I plan on buying 2 or 3, 1 for myself and the other ones just for some quick cash for xmas gifts. I plan on going to either Sears or Walmart for the launch.[/quote]

Ure not going to be able to buy any ps3's unless ure like the first person on line...considering the U.S will only be getting roughly 500,000 copies. So 500,000 copies divided by like 150,000 stores(im just throwing out a reasonable number of stores, im not sure the amount)= like 3 or 4 copies per store

[quote name='assasin4hire']Ure not going to be able to buy any ps3's unless ure like the first person on line...considering the U.S will only be getting roughly 500,000 copies. So 500,000 copies divided by like 150,000 stores(im just throwing out a reasonable number of stores, im not sure the amount)= like 3 or 4 copies per store[/QUOTE]

Ok, 150,000 stores is not reasonable at all. The numbers are virtually identical to the 360 launch with a rumored 80%/20% distribution of $600 consoles to $500 consoles if IGN is to be believed so make the assumption that your store will get the same amount of PS3s that they got 360s last year. Then take that number and divide by 5. That's how many of those PS3s will probably be the $500 version.

[quote name='furyk']Ok, 150,000 stores is not reasonable at all. The numbers are virtually identical to the 360 launch with a rumored 80%/20% distribution of $600 consoles to $500 consoles if IGN is to be believed so make the assumption that your store will get the same amount of PS3s that they got 360s last year. Then take that number and divide by 5. That's how many of those PS3s will probably be the $500 version.[/quote]

do u know exactly how many stores that sell video games are in the U.S? If so then tell me im wrong. Also there are less PS3's being released on launch day then XBOX 360's

[quote name='assasin4hire']do u know exactly how many stores that sell video games are in the U.S? If so then tell me im wrong. Also there are less PS3's being released on launch day then XBOX 360's[/QUOTE]

i though it was hard enough to get a 360

i might need to collaberate with friends and take shifts, maybe a 24 hour campout will be needed who knows... i am definatly going to keep my eye on the number one stop at Best buy as well as video document the whole experiance

bread's done
Back