Which system to buy?

elwood731

CAGiversary!
I have about $150 in credit at FYE to buy a system, so I am wondering what I should do. Has it been confirmed the PS2 will drop to $99 this fall against the XBOX 360? I am leaning towards a PS2, but I will wait if it is going to drop. That leaves a DS, PSP, or pre-order a 360. I am probably most leaning toward a DS or 360. So what's your take?

I'd say get a PS2, though like you said it may drop soon. But I think the PS2 has a lot more great games than any of the other systems you mentioned.

I would say put the money down on the 360, and I'm willing to bet one of those systems will have some crazy deal on Black Friday. But then again I could be completly wrong. lol

[quote name='Prepster']I would say put the money down on the 360, and I'm willing to bet one of those systems will have some crazy deal on Black Friday. But then again I could be completly wrong. lol[/QUOTE]
i agree...get the 360, and hope for deals on the DS and the ps2 on black friday

[quote name='m0nkeybl1tz']Sorry, kinda new here... What's black friday? Sounds intriguing...[/QUOTE]
Day after Thanksgiving, when all the major retailers have huge sales and promotions.

Don't get the 360... first gen hardware is usually the ones that have the highest chance of crapping out. I love how so many people are telling you to get an upgraded Xbox when most of the good games won't come out until mid-late next year.:p

Go with a PS2 or DS... I predict that the PS2 will drop to at least $130 by the end of the year so you might wanna wait if you do want a PS2.

I think it's way to early to invest in any of the next generation consoles. Just wait for the PS2 to drop again. It's a proven winner with a great library of $20 games and even a few big titles still to come.

bread's done
Back