Which system to get

rsoccers10

CAG Veteran
Today I went to the game store to pick up PS3 after thinking and making sure I can afford it. I was getting one and a guy who works there, I think, asked why I was getting one and not a XBOX360. He talked alot and got me a little nervous about which I should get, so I figured I would wait a little and think more. My reasons for getting PS3 over 360 is MGS4 and the FF series, but saving 200 would be nice. I was told that the FF13 games will be out for 360 eventually. Other than those games I am mostly looking at sports games which will be out for both systems. So basically does anyone care to suggest which i should get, keeping in mind i could care less about HALO3. And if you know which has more problems with hardware that would help.

[quote name='chodax']I think you should kill your self so no more of these fucking threads are made anymore[/QUOTE]

/thread

You should get a PS2 because the sports games will be there also. On top of that you'll save a whopping $471 dollars compared to getting a PS3.

[quote name='chodax']I think you should kill your self so no more of these fucking threads are made anymore[/QUOTE]

aahahahahahaaaha

Know what? My receiver gets really hot. Like, surprisingly hot. The thing's also like 18 inches deep, so it's pretty big. But damn, it does make some guud sound.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']Kid, lifes too short to spend $500 on a video game console.[/quote]

What does that mean? Are you saying we should all be saving up for all the medical care/nursing homes we're going to need?

Life is too short not to buy a PS3! After all, it's gonna be a hair cut.. you're going saving 8 bucks.

[quote name='rsoccers10']And if you know which has more problems with hardware that would help.[/quote]

c'mon dude, you should at least know this one.
Check out the 360 board, notice there's a thread dedicated to coffins for your 360.

[quote name='chodax']I think you should kill your self so no more of these fucking threads are made anymore[/quote]
hahaha. Sig worthy? I think so.

[quote name='Chacrana']Know what? My receiver gets really hot. Like, surprisingly hot. The thing's also like 18 inches deep, so it's pretty big. But damn, it does make some guud sound.[/QUOTE]
Too much innuendo >_>

[quote name='dallow']c'mon dude, you should at least know this one.
Check out the 360 board, notice there's a thread dedicated to coffins for your 360.[/QUOTE]

Good Point

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']Kid, lifes too short to spend $500 on a video game console.[/quote]

Life is to short so why not blow $500 on a console and have some fun before we are all taking dirt naps.

[quote name='dallow']c'mon dude, you should at least know this one.
Check out the 360 board, notice there's a thread dedicated to coffins for your 360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the 360 is the best system because I bought one!

/CAG Logic.

I think you should go back to that game store and tell the owner/manager that an employee told you NOT to spend $600+ at their store. Then again, if this is GS we're talking about, the manager won't give a rat's ass anyway. :roll:

I like my ps3 as a machine much better than my 360 plus sony gives a lot of betas out and its easier for ps3 now. Games sure 360 has an edge been out longer. Wait till e3. I have a 360, ps3, and wii but if i could only have one then the ps3. 360 would be second and wii last.

When I was on the 1st page I was about to say "call the store and complain about the employee" but reiji said it best.

You have to understand something here about the PS3 Vs. xb360. xb360 has already had a price cut because it's been out longer. PS3 had a price cut in Japan so one can only assume one for US is soon to be.

But the 360 was 500 dollars to begin with and it doesn't have HD-DVD player. You have to buy that seprate which costs 100(im guessing there?)

So.... thinking that way. It's basically the same damn price.

[quote name='phillipcat']When I was on the 1st page I was about to say "call the store and complain about the employee" but reiji said it best.

You have to understand something here about the PS3 Vs. xb360. xb360 has already had a price cut because it's been out longer. PS3 had a price cut in Japan so one can only assume one for US is soon to be.

But the 360 was 500 dollars to begin with and it doesn't have HD-DVD player. You have to buy that seprate which costs 100(im guessing there?)

So.... thinking that way. It's basically the same damn price.[/quote]
The fuck are you talking about? The 360 has always been $400. And the HD-DVD drive retails for $200.

Shows you how much I care for the 360 and if thats true....

Then you still need to buy a HD-DVD player(to compare with ps3) and it's still the same price.

and you get a smaller harddrive.

but to the OP I've never had a problem with my PS3 and they fixed 360 a bunch.... so your safe with getting either one.....

I know a guy that blew 1300 on a hooker... they actually double charged his card too...

[quote name='Pratt75']Life is to short so why not blow $500 on a console and have some fun before we are all taking dirt naps.[/quote]

Get what's good NOW. The PS3 might have good releases later but the 360 has the best library right now. And even the release list on the 360 later this year looks better.

[quote name='Rozz']Get what's good NOW. The PS3 might have good releases later but the 360 has the best library right now. And even the release list on the 360 later this year looks better.[/QUOTE]
Actually the PS2 has the best releases right now :lol:

Kinda sad :p

Then again...releases seem to be slowing down for it

[quote name='whoknows']Actually the PS2 has the best releases right now :lol:

Kinda sad :p

Then again...releases seem to be slowing down for it[/quote]

Hey, I just bought a brand new silver slim PS2 and I'm quite happy with it :D

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']MGS4 is coming out for 360

GTA4 has exclusive 360-only content

Also, Halo 3[/QUOTE]
Has MGS4 been confirmed or are you just saying that?

If it does come out on the 360 I'd expect it to be at least a year away from the PS3 version.

GTA4 on PS3 will have its own downloadable content last I heard.

Of course, seeing as I dont care for GTA or Halo PS3 has the better exclusives this year IMO.

Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank 5 are probably the best games coming out Fall/Winter IMO (Assuming DMC4 and MGS4 don't make it out this year)

GTA 4 will NOT have any downloadable content on the PS3, Game Informer and Rockstar have both confirmed this.

[quote name='Rozz']GTA 4 will NOT have any downloadable content on the PS3, Game Informer and Rockstar have both confirmed this.[/QUOTE]
My bad then. I know at one time it was going to. :p

Doesn't bother me though since I have no plans to pick it up unless they fix the save system and the gameplay gets a huge overhaul.

I think that if you go to sonystyle.com and get the visa card they will credit your account after a month $100 plus free shipping. That is how I bought my ps3 a few months ago. Both systems rock, but the 360 has the games out right now. Any way you go the 360 or ps3 is a good choice.

Just looked and there is no $100 off right now. Keep checking.

[quote name='whoknows']My bad then. I know at one time it was going to. :p

Doesn't bother me though since I have no plans to pick it up unless they fix the save system and the gameplay gets a huge overhaul.[/quote]

I'm still considering buying it. I enjoyed True Crime: NYC more than the last GTA, the battle system was much better than GTA's "press square over and over" one.

However I don't really care for the games in Fall's PS3 line-up. Was never a fan of Ratchet & Clank and there hasn't been a good Metal Gear Solid game since the first one.

[quote name='phillipcat']
Then you still need to buy a HD-DVD player(to compare with ps3) and it's still the same price.
.[/QUOTE]

Does the OP have an HDTV? Or does he even care about next-gen media storage formats?

you said, you wanted mgs4 and ff13. those games are guarnteed to be on ps3. xbox360 versions are just pure speculation. imagine if you get a 360 and those games dont come out on 360.

[quote name='Rozz']I'm still considering buying it. I enjoyed True Crime: NYC more than the last GTA, the battle system was much better than GTA's "press square over and over" one.

However I don't really care for the games in Fall's PS3 line-up. Was never a fan of Ratchet & Clank and there hasn't been a good Metal Gear Solid game since the first one.[/QUOTE]
I definitely agree about True Crime. I played that all the way through to the end and enjoyed it. I always get bored with GTA games though. They should take a few things from True Crime like being able to RETRY a mission. I swear, its so annoying in GTA when you fail a mission, you have to go drive all the way across the map to accept it again, then drive all the way back to try again.

And like you mentioned, the hand to hand combat. Also the gun-play was betting in True Crime than it is in GTA.

If you can easily be swayed by retarded "game store" employees, you don't deserve to have a next-gen system. Do your homework and make the purchase. Don't waffle like a child. Be a man and make the decision and then second guess it when the box is open. That's what I always do.

If you can easily be swayed by retarded "game store" employees, you don't deserve to have a next-gen system. Do your homework and make the purchase. Don't waffle like a child. Be a man and make the decision and then second guess it when the box is open. That's what I always do.

My thought exactly
I always knew wat i wanted all i had to wait was for a good deal (cheap asses raise your hands!!!!

bread's done
Back