Which TV Series should I watch next?

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm leaning heavily towards watching Battlestar Galactica for the first time, but I've never seen any of these series all the way through from the beginning.

Should I watch BG next or one of the others listed, based on your own personal viewing experience?

gracias, cags

* The Wire
* Battlestar Galactica
* Alias
* Homicide: Life On The Street
* The Shield
* Deadwood
* Stargate SG1
* Prison Break
* The 4400
* Dead Zone

[quote name='Moxio']Off of personal experience Prison Break, but I've heard The Wire is phenomenal.[/QUOTE]

I really wanna watch The Wire too.

I've seen about three of the season one episodes and they were awesome.

Gonna watch Prison Break too at some point for sure.

[quote name='DeathDealer']If youve havent seen OZ go with that, The Wire is pretty good but Im gonna go with Homicide.[/QUOTE]

Thx, I've had so many people tell me to watch Homicide. Almost bought that megaset when it was on sale.

Everytime I see an old episode of OZ I remember how great that show is/was.

The only ones I watched all the way through were Alias, Prison Break and the 4400. I have heard good things about BSG, but, haven't seen good things from it. It seemed too boring to me. If you want keep you on the edge of your seat interesting I'd recommend Prison Break. Alias eventually gets confusing and 4400 is good, but it's just sort of treading water at this point.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']If you want keep you on the edge of your seat interesting I'd recommend Prison Break.[/quote]

Exactly, especially season one. While both seasons are great, season one is a crafted masterpiece.

Watch the first 2 seasons of Alias and about half of season 3. I honestly wouldn't waste my time with it beyond then. The network interfered and, of course, fucked it up. The first couple of seasons are fantastic, though.

sg1.jpg

The Wire - I heard good things.
Battlestar Galactica - YES!
Alias - You joking?
Homicide: Life On The Street - No.
The Shield - Maybe.
Deadwood - Ehh...
Stargate SG1 - No, but if you do stop after season 6.
Prison Break - No.
The 4400 - Yes, plus there are only like 30 episodes, easy to get up to date. Plus season three was iffy and you don't need to watch them all. Season three of BSG sucked too.. hmmm...
Dead Zone - No, it's too same old thing.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']The Wire, Deadwood FTW.[/QUOTE]I totally agree. I love both of these, tho I personally like the Wire just a tad bit better (my fiance likes Deadwood better).

I am kinda surprised that noone has said Jericho yet. it really is a great show. Personally i have been watching Numb3rs lately and have found it very interesting.

I'm willing to give Jericho another chance, but the impromptu tracheotomy using a pen, on the schoolbus in the premiere kinda turned me off a little

does it go interesting places? it IS a good set up/premise

deadwood , homocide and the wire are all great shows. if you have hbo you can catch the wire and deadwood on demand but deadwood got canceled rather abruptly so as great as the story is it was a let down the way they ended it. and i love they way they talk on the show give it a chance the language of the show can be a bit of a hurdle to overcome but once you get used to it its awesome.

id also like to suggest you try rescue me and carnivale. carnivale is an old hbo series( another cut short way too soon) and rescue me can be found on fx.

I thought they were going to make Deadwood mini-series / movie.

Seems there are....

On May 13, 2006, HBO confirmed it has opted not to pick up the options of the actors, which were set to expire on June 11, 2006. This means that a fourth season with the current cast as it stands is unlikely, though HBO has stressed that the show is not cancelled and talks regarding its future are ongoing. The chance of the show returning in its current state of cast and crew, however, is limited.

On June 5, 2006, HBO and creator David Milch agreed to make two two-hour telefilms in place of a fourth season, after Milch declined a short-order of 6 episodes. This is because in the show's original form, each season was only a few weeks in length, with each episode being one day, in the town of Deadwood. The final two-hour format will release these time restraints and allow for a broader narrative to finish off the series.[3]

In a January 13, 2007 interview, David Milch stated that he still intends to finish the 2 films, if possible. [4]

I voted for The Wire. However, everyone should also see The Shield and Battlestar. Deadwood is amazing, but it isn't for everybody. Because Homicide is less serialized than the other series, you can watch a few episodes and then watch something else and go back to it without losing much. I'd also reccomend Carnivale, and if you like The Wire I'd reccomend a mini-series called The Corner.

watch prison break, the first season is great watching it on dvd, i also voted for the wire. the wire starts off slow but it is very good.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']I would also put in a wildcard vote for Dead Like Me, a very unique comedy to be sure.[/QUOTE]

i gotta get to that at some point

[quote name='ReaperZER0']I would also put in a wildcard vote for Dead Like Me, a very unique comedy to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Another great show that was cut short. And while we're on that topic:

Firefly. A must watch if you haven't already. Great, great show. Serenity finished it up pretty nicely, so you're not really left hanging. My favorite TV show ever.

Wonderfalls. Can be a bit slow at times, but the last episode is amazing. Really ends the series well.

While talking about canceled shows Sports Night is a best.

it's by Aaron Sorkin who wrote An American President, and West Wing and the trash hat is Studio 60. Good show for sports fans and not, plus they make fun of soccer. I truely hate soccer and love when a sports show makes fun of it. If Netflix is your way you can save time and money and only watch the first season, it ends wonderfully and is better than the second season, yet that is still great. I have watched the show straight through in a week at least 6 different times.

[quote name='David85']I have watched the show straight through in a week at least 6 different times.[/quote]

I know of people that have done this too. It just was so brilliant, like it was effortless to everyone there. So many memorable moments, retorts, rants. Ahhh. Now I'm going to have to break it out, aren't I?

[quote name='ReaperZER0']I would also put in a wildcard vote for Dead Like Me, a very unique comedy to be sure.[/quote]

Definitely one of the better shows ive watched recently. Im curious if they knew that last ep was the last one theyd be airing.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Definitely one of the better shows ive watched recently. Im curious if they knew that last ep was the last one theyd be airing.[/quote]

I imagine they get the word early enough that they can wrap it up, when stuff like that happens.

bread's done
Back