Which TV should I get?

First, i love the sig. I just did the same thing to my wife moments ago.
Second, i say neither. Both are too expensive, go to best buy and save yourself some cash.

Last, nice tv's but again too much money.

I just ordered an infocus x3 projector and a 92" 16:9 ratio HC matte finish screen for 1300 after tax and shipping.

I'm in the minority here and anywhere else I post when I say LCD, DLP, plasma and size in general does not matter when it comes to gaming. I have been and always will be partial to an old fashioned CRT for heavy gaming needs. No less a gaming authority than Tomonobu Itagaki of Team Ninja and DOA/Ninja Gaiden fame agrees with me.

He suggests standard CRT over other types, devoting a lengthy rant to his displeasure with LCD televisions. Itagaki states that Team Ninja has "flagship class" LCD televisions throughout its offices, and he's not impressed with any of them. The problem, he states, isn't so much with response time, but with inaccurate color. Combine that with the high prices, and he comes to the conclusion: "buying a CRT is, as a gamer, a wise choice."

My choice?

PC.SON.KD34XBR960.CN.JPG

Sony KD-34XBR960

I can't say enough good things about this set. Yes, it's big. Yes, it's heavy. I ask though, how often are you moving around a 33-60" set? Let the movers worry about it.

Trust me when I say you will find no better gaming rig on the planet.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']
My choice?

PC.SON.KD34XBR960.CN.JPG

Sony KD-34XBR960

I can't say enough good things about this set. Yes, it's big. Yes, it's heavy. I ask though, how often are you moving around a 33-60" set? Let the movers worry about it.

Trust me when I say you will find no better gaming rig on the planet.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree totally with PAD on this one. I have an earlier model of the same set (Sony KV-34XBR910) and the picture is absolutely stunning! I bought it for $2200 a few years ago and it's been one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Those prices dont seem cheap to me, i am positive you should be able to get a big screen tv cheaper if you look around, if not, then i guess its best you save your money.

bread's done
Back