Which version of Robocop should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandmanzero

CAGiversary!
I was looking through my dvd and blu-ray collection and realized that I didn't have the Robocop movies. Which is really surprising, considering I was a huge fan of the movies when I was a small child. Actually I'm surprised that the violence didn't freak me when I was that young. Those movies definitly weren't for 5 year olds eyes....but they were so awesome! :D

Now that I think about it...I think my mom covered my eyes and ears on the gory parts of it. I guess doing that really works. But I did see the part where the toxic guy splattered across the windshield of the car. It was like..:puke: and I was like :bouncy: and my mom was like....:shock:.

Anyway, I looked online and found multiple versions of the movies. So which versions of the trilogy should I get?

I would wait for the 2nd and 3rd on blu ray because I got the first one recently and the transfer is really good for a film that old imho. You can find it for $10 at best buy and frys at times. I don't think the other two are out on blu ray yet but I may be mistaken, but the second one is not as good as the first and the third is horrible in my opinion. But to each their own.

Don't get any! You can't figure out how you wouldn't have Robocop movies since you were a huge fan as a young child?? Grow up man, move on, you aren't a small child anymore.

I was a huge fan of Robocop too, but when I watch the movies now they actually kind of suck. Don't buy something just because as a kid you were a huge fan. Why don't you buy all the seasons of Sesame Street and the Muppets movies as well?

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Don't get any! You can't figure out how you wouldn't have Robocop movies since you were a huge fan as a young child?? Grow up man, move on, you aren't a small child anymore.

I was a huge fan of Robocop too, but when I watch the movies now they actually kind of suck. Don't buy something just because as a kid you were a huge fan. Why don't you buy all the seasons of Sesame Street and the Muppets movies as well?[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was...useless...

Anyway, the Blu-ray of the original film doesn't look or sound very good, but it's still probably the best version of the film out there, and it's one of those Blu-rays you can consistently find for a very cheap price. It's $11 on Amazon right now.

My friend has Robocop on Blu-Ray and I have this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1559408898/crazyforcinema

For roughly the same price you can get (and I would highly recommend) the CC version, it has a ton of extra features and the audio and video are superb. The blu-ray version might have a slightly higher video transfer but honestly with the extras you get with the CC version I think it's a more than fair trade-off. Also the Blu-ray version is completely bare-bones.

If you just want the movie though the blu-ray version might be the way to go.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Don't get any! You can't figure out how you wouldn't have Robocop movies since you were a huge fan as a young child?? Grow up man, move on, you aren't a small child anymore.

I was a huge fan of Robocop too, but when I watch the movies now they actually kind of suck. Don't buy something just because as a kid you were a huge fan. Why don't you buy all the seasons of Sesame Street and the Muppets movies as well?[/QUOTE]

mmm hmm ignore list +1

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, that was...useless...
[/QUOTE]
I concur.

I'm a huge fan and was disappointed in the bluray transfer. But like someone said, It is the best one out there. Oh yeah never mention Robocop 3 ever again.

As far as Robocop on Blu-Ray, there was only one and it was the first one, which had a great picture and sound for a 1987 movie, however the feature were really lacking, especially since at the same time the 20th Anniversary Robocop DVD came out with the Theatrical and Director's Cut version of the film and had a bunch of extras including the deleted scenes and interviews from then and now.

Best Version in my opinion to get now is the 20th Anniversary Robocop DVD and look for the other 2 in Bargain bins, I know Wal-Mart had them in the $5 bin for some time now.

Other wise your 2nd best choice is the Robocop Trilogy Pack, which I doubt you can find new anywhere since it's been out of print for quite some time, though I know Wal-Mart released a repackaged version in a single DVD case last year for $13, so you could check that.

Though MGM has been in the works on a new Robocop movie to hit sometime in the next year or so, so i'm sure close time it hits expect the remastered uber Blu-Rays to appear and whatnot.

P.S. Robocop does not suck. The 1st was gold, 2nd was so so, would of been better if they would of done Frank Miller's original script, the 3rd one.....damn shame, and was rushed out since it's was Orion Pictures last ace in the hole before they went bankrupt back in the early '90's

That's all I was saying. The first RoboCop is worthy of a purchase, but if you're going to over do it and get the whole set because you liked it as a kid, I think we could call you the 40-year old virgin.

I'm just saying...

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']That's all I was saying. The first RoboCop is worthy of a purchase, but if you're going to over do it and get the whole set because you liked it as a kid, I think we could call you the 40-year old virgin.

I'm just saying...[/QUOTE]

Dude, what's your problem? Are you trying to help me or provoke me? :whistle2:|

[quote name='sandmanzero']Dude, what's your problem? Are you trying to help me or provoke me? :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Ignore the troll. No. Really. Put him on ignore. Anyway... I own the criterion version. I've always been happy with that, but I have no clue how good the BR transfer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back