Which Wii Accessories Are You Planning On Buying?

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']
I'll buy an SD card eventually...when I come across one for some unbelievable price.[/QUOTE]

Dealnews.com. Just check there.

Already have a remote and nunchuk preordered, will probably get component cables, classic controller, and points card, but maybe not on launch.

wiimote, nunchuk, and component cables definitely, if there's a classic controller/5000 wii pt pack then I'll get one of those.

Classic controller and Wii points right away; SD card, extra controller/nunchuck, and maybe some component cables for Christmas.

I'm planning on getting component cables or wiimote online from EB (can you use your edge card there now?). Then, I'm hoping to get a wii and which ever one I didn't get at CC or overstock.com using a coupon. I'm probably going to wait a bit after launch to weigh my options.

Have an extra Wiimote and Nunchuck paid in full along with the console at Gamestop.

Need to pick up an S-video cable as well.

The closest thing I'm getting to an accessory would be that wii gift card, and maybe the lapel pin set. Mayyyybe a classic controller after a few weeks.

Eventually I'll pick up a second wiimote but I have no use for it just yet. When my fiance moves stateside, however, we'll definitely have a second.

I'm getting an extra Wiimote at launch and that's it. I'll wait until there's more games that I want that need another nunchuk or more Wiimotes (or when I get more money, hehe). I'll prob pick up a classic controller or 2 somewhere down the road.

Wow - looking at these responses, I feel very un-CAGish. I am getting 2 additional nunchucks and 3 extra wiimotes. I have two gamer friends into FPS's that want to try out the Wii but won't bite until they've played it for a while and then having a Wiiday on the 19th to try out WiiSports with my fiancee and all our friends (mostly very casual gamers).

I'll get an SD card later - I have a measly 128MB that will suffice for Zelda, ExciteTruck, Wii Sports, and CoD3 - hopefully.

[quote name='wjhard63']Wow - looking at these responses, I feel very un-CAGish. I am getting 2 additional nunchucks and 3 extra wiimotes. I have two gamer friends into FPS's that want to try out the Wii but won't bite until they've played it for a while and then having a Wiiday on the 19th to try out WiiSports with my fiancee and all our friends (mostly very casual gamers).

I'll get an SD card later - I have a measly 128MB that will suffice for Zelda, ExciteTruck, Wii Sports, and CoD3 - hopefully.[/QUOTE]

I was just stating which items I would be buying in my post... not how many.

I'll be buying 3 Wiimotes and 1 nunchuck to start.

Also, as far as the SD card goes... the internal memory should work for your game saves without any issues. Remember they have 512 Megabytes of internal memory.... that should be plenty of game saves.

[quote name='wjhard63']
I'll get an SD card later - I have a measly 128MB that will suffice for Zelda, ExciteTruck, Wii Sports, and CoD3 - hopefully.[/QUOTE]

There's 512 MB of internal flash memory that you can save to.

For many people that will be enough for the life of the console--including game saves and VC games.

Nothing really right out of the gate. I'll probably pick up a remote and nunchuck before I head home for Winter Break so my friends back home can play. I may pick up a classic controller and wii points card before the end of the year to play some classic games, but it's not an urgent need right out of the gate.

I've already got GC controllers and an SD card, so that covers everything else I could use for the Wii.

Right now the plan is to get one extra Wiimote and nunchuck, a classic controller or two (depending on if it can play Gamecube games or not, if not then I may get a wavebird), either an S-Video or component video cable (depends if I can find a cheap component video switch before November 19), and a LAN adaptor (I'm going to have to get a cheap switch since I only have one cable running to my 360, and the Wii is going on the same TV as the 360).

One extra remote. Already have an SD card. Might get a classic controller if there's something worth getting on the Virtual Console and I can't use the Wavebird with it.

the only stuff I still need to get is a classic controller, the s-vid cables and some wii points. I was lucky enough to be able to pre-order a wiimote and nunchuck. Good stuff.

T. Foolery

bread's done
Back