Which Wii U model to buy?

dravack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
So I'd like some opinions. Should I get the White Wii u or the Black Wii u. When they go down in price anyway. Not paying $300 or $350 for one.

Pros for white:
Cheaper obviously and I already have a free copy of Nintendo Land from a friend who accidently got an extra one. And hdd size doesn't really matter I think since I have an extra portable hard drive. I can install games on the portable right? So internal space shouldn't matter.

Pros for black:
Black matches xbox 360, ps3, iphone, ipad, uhhh everything? lol Also supposedly the black doesn't show as much dirt as the white. Really can't think of anything else other than larger internal storage.

PS: It's 4am and I really didn't feel like proof reading this for grammar and or spelling mistakes so I apologize in advance to anyone who is upset by these things. I'm off to bed and thanks for your opinions/comments!

I'd revisit this question when the price actually does go down. There's no way to tell what bundles will be available then. I'd wager that the 8GB is on its way out, and might be replaced with a 64GB version.

If you're worried about smudges and smears showing, the black is actually worse. Does the Basic come with the Gamepad stand? I got the Deluxe version and I use that stand a lot. Not necessarily worth $50, but it's still nice to have. You could also always trade in the copy of Nintendo Land you already have towards a new Deluxe. I've also gotten $10 back thanks to the Deluxe digital promotion. If the ZombiU bundle (or any similar bundle) becomes available for $350, I'd say get that. I got the Zombi U bundle at its regular price, and although I'm enjoying the system, I still feel like I overpaid.

I would go with the larger gb version. It makes sense with updates and such to start off with a larger device.

The portable storage of yours has to be formatted, and once done, can't be used for anything else. WiiU only.

[quote name='mkelehan']I'd revisit this question when the price actually does go down. There's no way to tell what bundles will be available then. I'd wager that the 8GB is on its way out, and might be replaced with a 64GB version.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I had recommended a friend of mine get the black one because the extras it included were definitely worth the extra $50. However when BB put the white ones on sale last week for $250, I told him that for $100 difference, I wasn't so sure. He got that one and has been pleased so far.

So it really depends on the pricing when you go to buy - trying to guess ahead of time is kinda pointless.

I'd wait for not only a price drop but what should be a holiday bundle with more games included. It may be a different color too - Blue?

[quote name='mkelehan']I'd revisit this question when the price actually does go down. There's no way to tell what bundles will be available then. I'd wager that the 8GB is on its way out, and might be replaced with a 64GB version.[/QUOTE]

If the 8 gb goes out then the 32 gb will go down to its price. Nintedo can't afford a price increase with the PS4 this close. Least IMO even without the PS4 people riot when price increases.

[quote name='BNoyes']If you're worried about smudges and smears showing, the black is actually worse. Does the Basic come with the Gamepad stand? I got the Deluxe version and I use that stand a lot. Not necessarily worth $50, but it's still nice to have. You could also always trade in the copy of Nintendo Land you already have towards a new Deluxe. I've also gotten $10 back thanks to the Deluxe digital promotion. If the ZombiU bundle (or any similar bundle) becomes available for $350, I'd say get that. I got the Zombi U bundle at its regular price, and although I'm enjoying the system, I still feel like I overpaid.[/QUOTE]

The basic doesn't come with the stand. But walmart sells them for $20 so not a big deal if I get an awesome deal on a basic model. But, the digital promotion I didn't know was for the deluxe model only. Thats kinda a big deal hmm.. And Yeah the black does show smudges but I hear the white dirt/grime. I dunno I saw it on youtube lol I've never had that problem. I always wash my hands but yeah.

[quote name='FadeToDark']I would go with the larger gb version. It makes sense with updates and such to start off with a larger device.[/QUOTE]
You can plug an external hard drive in it via usb to install the updates?

[quote name='Ather']The portable storage of yours has to be formatted, and once done, can't be used for anything else. WiiU only.[/QUOTE]

That's fine thats why I said extra. I use to use a 1tb segate for my main needs but my brother-in-law gave me a 2tb western digital 3.0 usb ^^ so now I have no need for the 1tb.

[quote name='zeldaking']I'd wait for not only a price drop but what should be a holiday bundle with more games included. It may be a different color too - Blue?[/QUOTE]

i'd rather get a cheaper model without the games >.> thanks to CAG I can always pick up the games later cheaper =P As for color I'd like Blue, Green, or Red. I'd be happy with any of them lol.

So far I see the digital money back promotion being the best game changer here. Any word on more or less features coming out? Like with the PS3 removing usbs and sd card reader and the wii removing game cube controller plugs.

[quote name='dravack']

You can plug an external hard drive in it via usb to install the updates?

[/QUOTE]

You can, but why do it off the bat without needing to? I find it easier to just get the highest GB version of items right off the bat and worry about upgrading space later on if/when I need it.

Do you want (or intend to buy) Nintendoland? Buy the Deluxe.

Do you want black? Buy the Deluxe.

Do you want white, but don't plan on buying Nintendoland? Buy the Basic.

Yeah I think I'm going to go with Deluxe mainly for the % back from purchases and black will match more things. Unless I find the basic for under $200 which I doubt. Now just to wait for the next sale ^^ probably mid June - July.

Thanks everyone for your input and feel free to leave more if you want or are late to the party.

[quote name='zeldaking']I'd wait for not only a price drop but what should be a holiday bundle with more games included. It may be a different color too - Blue?[/QUOTE]
Maybe green since it's the year of Luigi. :eek:

The digital promotion is crap. You'll find much better deals from store sales. Spend $60, get $5 in credit? No way. Why not just go buy the game for $30-40 during a store sale? The big stores and sites all alternate the same sales every week. But the deluxe is the way to go. You should've bought it last week at Target. For $400 you'd have gotten the deluxe console and 4 games.

Unless you love the color white or find an insane deal, there literally isn't a reason to even consider the standard version. For $50 dollars more you're getting 4x more storage (if I recall correctly the OS is 4 gb, so 8 GB only has 4 GB of useable space), gamepad stand, gamepad dock (place and charge!), Nintendo Land (just sell it if you already have it), DX promo for cash back (@UnlockPotential, don't forget there are digital only games...), so it has plenty of extra things for the money.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Maybe green since it's the year of Luigi. :eek:

The digital promotion is crap. You'll find much better deals from store sales. Spend $60, get $5 in credit? No way. Why not just go buy the game for $30-40 during a store sale? The big stores and sites all alternate the same sales every week. But the deluxe is the way to go. You should've bought it last week at Target. For $400 you'd have gotten the deluxe console and 4 games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah like admirl said I wouldn't use it for games I can get at target/walmart/gamestop/etc.. but for games that are nintedo store only ^^ Green would be cool for a system though >.>

bread's done
Back