Which xbox? target insurance?

sm0k1nace

CAGiversary!
i am debating on getting the 4gb or 250gb, its a 100 difference but what exactly can i save with 4gbs?
and what is the target insurance? because i once got an elite without insurance on bestbuy and after a year gone it shit the bed and i was stuck with a broken unit so i want to be sure and have an insurance on it incase those ugly looking red lights show upp any idea how much it is and what it covers?
thanks

You can't play online games with the 4GB I guess, unless you get the 250GB hard drive which is $150. So, I would suggest getting the 250GB system if you plan on using online or downloading anything.

Also, don't get the target insurance. I would get insurance from squaretrade.com - I got 3 years for my PS3 for $35-40.

If you get the 4gig system you can only save just that, four gigs of information which isn't much, if you download a couple of Xbox live games that will be your memory right there. As far as the Target insurance, just go to the website and put the system in your shopping cart and go to the "checkout" and it should ask if you want the insurance, you can read about it there since I am not a Target employee.

[quote name='ampd413']You can't play online games with the 4GB I guess, unless you get the 250GB hard drive which is $150. So, I would suggest getting the 250GB system if you plan on using online or downloading anything.

Also, don't get the target insurance. I would get insurance from squaretrade.com - I got 3 years for my PS3 for $35-40.[/QUOTE]

Ive never heard of that website. How is it?

[quote name='ampd413']You can't play online games with the 4GB I guess, unless you get the 250GB hard drive which is $150. So, I would suggest getting the 250GB system if you plan on using online or downloading anything.

Also, don't get the target insurance. I would get insurance from squaretrade.com - I got 3 years for my PS3 for $35-40.[/QUOTE]

That's completely untrue, you can play anything with the 4gb, you're just extremely limited on how much stuff you can save. For instance, I do remember that the Lost and the Damned expansion for GTA4 is over 4gb just by itself, so forget about getting any dlc that big. I don't know the size of any other dlc packs off the top of my head, but most are several hundred MBs, so you would only be able to hold a few, plus any videos, xbla games, themes, and game saves you may have.

Now, you can always get a USB flash drive to save more stuff (I stick to Sandisk; some brands are not compatible with the 360). A 16gb runs about $30 on amazon, but usually much more expensive in stores. That's a pretty good solution, but I had a 20gb 360 launch system, and after several years of collecting data I finally had to get a 120gb hard drive. I'm currently using over 50gb worth of space - nowhere near the 250gb limit on the new systems, but far past the 20gb you'd get with a flash drive + 4gb built-in.

You could get a 32gb flash drive, but that's over $50 and some have problems when you get into that big a drive. And for the price you might as well just get the 250gb.

Really it just depends on how much you will use the system, and how much DLC you expect to download. Good luck!

There are some things to buy on XBL that get tied to your account and you have the digital download forever. In order to be able to download and store these things you'll need the required amount of hard drive space.

These things to buy are XBOX LIVE ARCADE games, Games On Demand, Game Demos, Game Add-Ons (Downloadable Content), TV Shows, Avatar items etc..

You can also install games, which will essentially make your console and games last longer.

DLC - Map packs I believe are usually around 700mb and go up to even over 4GB.
XBLA - Games go from about 100MB up to about 1GB.
Games On Demand - Over 4GB
Game Installs - Over 4GB
TV Shows - Up to around 1 GB
Netflix App, ESPN App, and everything else if you want it will take more space.

I'd probably suggest going with 250GB because 4GB is ultimately useless to most gamers.

As for insurance, I would just buy 250GB and no insurance. I had my 60GB for nearly 2 years now and works great. I believe the new line of 360's are built to last or at least have a good enough warranty.

[quote name='unopepito06']That's completely untrue, you can play anything with the 4gb, you're just extremely limited on how much stuff you can save. For instance, I do remember that the Lost and the Damned expansion for GTA4 is over 4gb just by itself, so forget about getting any dlc that big. I don't know the size of any other dlc packs off the top of my head, but most are several hundred MBs, so you would only be able to hold a few, plus any videos, xbla games, themes, and game saves you may have.

Now, you can always get a USB flash drive to save more stuff (I stick to Sandisk; some brands are not compatible with the 360). A 16gb runs about $30 on amazon, but usually much more expensive in stores. That's a pretty good solution, but I had a 20gb 360 launch system, and after several years of collecting data I finally had to get a 120gb hard drive. I'm currently using over 50gb worth of space - nowhere near the 250gb limit on the new systems, but far past the 20gb you'd get with a flash drive + 4gb built-in.

You could get a 32gb flash drive, but that's over $50 and some have problems when you get into that big a drive. And for the price you might as well just get the 250gb.

Really it just depends on how much you will use the system, and how much DLC you expect to download. Good luck![/QUOTE]

There is a 2TB HArd drive selling on target for BF would this be compatible with the xbox?

[quote name='sm0k1nace']There is a 2TB HArd drive selling on target for BF would this be compatible with the xbox?[/QUOTE]

Unless you use Microsoft certified products you run the risk of getting your account banned through X-Box live. These "modded" hard-drives that are out there only last as long as the updates do, meaning once an update goes out and identifies your hard-drive as because it will recognize the firmware that the hard-drive is using especially once they update their systems. I would either get the 4gig system or just buy the damn 250gig system, it's a hundred dollar difference and you are getting 250 gigs of space for $100, do the math. If you want to check you can read the X-Box tos also which will state about modifying the system, not only does it void the warranty which you probably want on a new system but opens you up to ruining your live service.

[quote name='sm0k1nace']There is a 2TB HArd drive selling on target for BF would this be compatible with the xbox?[/QUOTE]
I believe it only supports up to 16GB through USB.

ok thanks for the info guys, ive decided to buy the 250gb xbox on toys r us
on black friday it comes with a $50 gift card and i alreadyy have one already so im going with that, i apprecaite all the help guys thanks

[quote name='Rollett']The Microsoft Warranty is decent enough... sad thing is slims still die like the old systems did :/[/QUOTE]

are you serious? wow i didnt know that. I always get extended guarantees with my video games especially with xbox's they are very unreliable. so i was thinking of purchasing the guarantee from squaretrade.com
have you heard anything good about them? someone in this thread mentioned about it and i am considering it.

bread's done
Back