Whisper of the Heart DVD - any good deals?

[quote name='newtype06']it seems the price everywhere is 20 above... really appreciate if there's a good deal for this classic Ghibli film ^^;[/quote]

Interestingly enough, depending upon where you live, these are up for massive savings if anyone ever trades it back to EB. I got around four Ghibli movies this way for around $13 a pop (less than $12 with Edge).

Used? Ghibli? Blasphemy, right? Not so much...mostly because a lot of the people who buy the Ghibli movies treat them insanely well. Pristine case and immaculate DVDs? Well worth it. It's rare but...it depends on who lives in the area and who's trading in.

Still worth keeping an eye on, though.

Yeah, I found one of the last wave at Gamestop used for like $8....I think it was Totoro.....absolutely perfect condition. They aren't easy to find, but Kapwanil's theory is correct, they are almost always some of the best taken care of used dvds you will ever find.

Technically, yes. You can create multiple accounts with the same information, and it will work. They'll eventually catch on, but all they do is cancel those orders (if they haven't shipped yet) and shut down those extra accounts (I believe).

Best Buy had it for 3 for $45 along with Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro upon release. Usually it's best to pick up titles that you truly want around release date, Especially Studio Ghibli titles if they're on sale. In 2005, when they released The Cat Returns, Nausicca, and Porco Rosso, I decided not to get The Cat Returns, not one good deal for two years, ended up paying 27 new when I could of had it for 15 plus another Studio Ghibli title If I mailed in all three UPCs at the same time. The only exception is Pom Poko and My Neighbors the Yamadas, which I purchased for $16 total on Ebay two months after release. Always choose wisely with certain titles...

There was a time you could get 5 dvd's from Disney Movie club for something around 15$ when you first join and you put it on your credit card. (and then you have to buy 2 more at reg. price [22ish$] over the next two years) Came out to like 13.95 for the first movie and then 25 cents each for up to 4 movies after that (again if you paid with a credit card). You needed a promotional code to be able to get the 4th movie discounted, which I got from here on CAG. They have a small collection of Studio Ghibli Films on there, including Whisper of the Heart

[quote name='gundamxzero']Of course! Thanks. BTW does Gco work on DDD's site?[/QUOTE]

No. You should find a list of sites that do take it though. TRU.com, DVDEmpire.com, DVDPlanet.com, Buy.com, CDUniverse.com, just to name a few.

Fry's Electronics had it new at their Atlanta store for $14.99 back in September. Right now it's 19.99 on frys.com, though they tend to have good sales pretty often. In fact, Fry's has a lot of great, usually-overpriced, anime for a reasonable price.

bread's done
Back