White and Silver PS3 controllers avail. at Microcenter (store only)

ryne candy

CAGiversary!
Not really a "deal" but the first time I have seen them being sold in a store and not online.

They have the White Ceramic and Silver Satin PS3 Dualshock 3 controllers. They are both in Japanese boxes and are priced $59.99 (black ones are $54.99). I read on another site how the US White PS3 controller was out in stores now and the Silver should be out in June. OH.....and after purchasing my white one....they had one white and 7 silver left. I already fully charged it and it works. :bouncy:

Check your local Play N' Trade as well

Mine stocks the Japanese packaged white controllers for about the same price (not sure about the silver).

Of course, PNT is a franchised company, so YMMV.

I must be the only one who actually prefers black. The white and silver look ugly to me. However I do wish the PS3 was a matte black. But overall cool for the people that like white or silver.

I'd love one of the white ones, but I just can't justify spending $60 on a third controller when I don't think I would every actually need three.

I know I rarely even use them but I'm a sucker for PS3 controllers (even with the PS2 controllers) :drool:. My fiancee liked the silver, so I went back to the store and got one. Now when will I ever have a need for 4 controllers all at once....probably never.

maxim2boobles: The build quality leaves something to be desired (at least the white Japanese one I picked up about a year ago has worn out analog sticks [very mushy now], a broken R2 spring, and the face buttons are feeling loose and starting to get unresponsive. The American ones seem to wear as you might expect however), the design however is damned solid at this point. Superficially it doesn't appear to have changed much from the original Dual Shock, but the little tweaks have actually made it one of the best controllers ever made.

If you want to look at a crap controller, go pick up a 360. It's extremely heavy, has horrible spacing, shoulder buttons that are ridiculous to use, and the stupid guide button that you can accidentally hit for no reason. Oh, and let's not forget that the controller is too fucking flat so it causes hand cramping as well as weighing a fucking ton. I thought I was done, but I also forgot the charging cable sold separately bullshit and over-complicated resyncing process.

I almost forgot, the dpad is unusable and placed at the wrong angle on the controller even if the inputs actually worked, which they don't. Also the analog sticks are too tall and are placed poorly for the concave shape on top.

bread's done
Back