Who Framed Roger Rabbit BR $18.55 @ Amazon Pre-Order

[quote name='DNukem170']Yuck. Awful BR packaging. I will stay with my DVD release from a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think the DVD from years ago looks better. Though I miss Roger Rabbit, I really had a crush on Jessica Rabbit when I was a kid. Just liked it as much as Cool World.

Preordered. I may or may not keep it, decided on what extras and will talk if the GF needs the Blu Ray. Although for $19, can't beat it.

Man, I cannot wait for that Willow..used to watch a VHS HBO recorded copy every other day as a kid. Last time I probably watched it was over twenty years ago. Buying this day one and watching it with my seven year old.

This Roger Rabbit looks ok , but I do think the OG DVD double disc will still look fine. It used to be the nicest looking set I owned back in the day. The border around this new release just looks hideous!

[quote name='DNukem170']Yuck. Awful BR packaging. I will stay with my DVD release from a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

The case keeps you away from the actual film looking better on your screen? lol

[quote name='DestroVega']The case keeps you away from the actual film looking better on your screen? lol[/QUOTE]Yes. I have not upgraded a lot of movies (such as Bourne, Lion King, and Die Hard) because of the crappy cover art or the good cover art being outrageously expensive. I sold my Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-ray and got the 3D one when that went on sale soley because of the coverart despite not owbing and never going to purchase a 3DTV. Also one of the reasons why I haven't upgraded the first three X-Men films to BR, aside from the Blus taking up more space. And Blu-rays look the exact same on my TV as DVDs do so that doesn't matter to me.

Mulan doesn't look too bad. Will probably still keep my DVD copy, but at least it doesn't have the crappy blue border.

[quote name='DNukem170']Yes. I have not upgraded a lot of movies (such as Bourne, Lion King, and Die Hard) because of the crappy cover art or the good cover art being outrageously expensive. I sold my Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-ray and got the 3D one when that went on sale soley because of the coverart despite not owbing and never going to purchase a 3DTV. Also one of the reasons why I haven't upgraded the first three X-Men films to BR, aside from the Blus taking up more space. And Blu-rays look the exact same on my TV as DVDs do so that doesn't matter to me.

Mulan doesn't look too bad. Will probably still keep my DVD copy, but at least it doesn't have the crappy blue border.[/QUOTE]

Seems ridiculous to me, the boxes sit on a shelf. They don't hang on your living room walls. I want the actual movie to look great, the cover could be blank for all I care.

[quote name='DestroVega']Seems ridiculous to me, the boxes sit on a shelf. They don't hang on your living room walls. I want the actual movie to look great, the cover could be blank for all I care.[/QUOTE]As I said, Blu-rays and DVDs look the exact same on my TV, so that point is moot. When I buy a DVD/Blu-ray, first thing I look at are if there are any special features. Second is the package size. If it is a super thick package for no reason, I will buy it and sell it on eBay for the same price (looking at you, Doctor Who Series 5 and 6), or at least if it can be easily condensed with other similar releases like FUNimation's Shana S1 box. Then I look for the most attractive boxart. I wasn't going to get Avengers on release day if I couldn't get the metal case, as every one of the covers sucked, and I will not get Eden of the East on Blu-ray because that stupid, ugly, moronic blue bar every company HAS to slap on their product mucks up the awesome art from the original DVD case.

Why can't more Blu-ray cases be like the first 2 Toy Story films, X-Men First Class, or Expendables Unrated?

[quote name='DNukem170']As I said, Blu-rays and DVDs look the exact same on my TV, so that point is moot. When I buy a DVD/Blu-ray, first thing I look at are if there are any special features. Second is the package size. If it is a super thick package for no reason, I will buy it and sell it on eBay for the same price (looking at you, Doctor Who Series 5 and 6), or at least if it can be easily condensed with other similar releases like FUNimation's Shana S1 box. Then I look for the most attractive boxart. I wasn't going to get Avengers on release day if I couldn't get the metal case, as every one of the covers sucked, and I will not get Eden of the East on Blu-ray because that stupid, ugly, moronic blue bar every company HAS to slap on their product mucks up the awesome art from the original DVD case.

Why can't more Blu-ray cases be like the first 2 Toy Story films, X-Men First Class, or Expendables Unrated?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear of your blindness man. That's gotta suck.

[quote name='DestroVega']You don't have a high definition TV? Cause DVDs and Blu rays most certainly don't look the same if you do.[/QUOTE]Nope. Only have space for the tiny ones that have a smaller screen than I currently have. Might get one if I win the lottery and move to a new house.

Soooo looking forward to WFRR and Willow! I watched Willow on DVD a few months ago just to satisfy the crave but now to own it in HD will be awesome! I also haven't seen WFRR in many, many years!

I'll wait till the price drops back down. Been wanting this for a while, but still not going to pay too much.

[quote name='62t']I wasnt even aware of a Atlantis II[/QUOTE]It is the 3-part pilot of the cancelled series turned into a DTV.

bread's done
Back