Who has switched to Firefox web browser?

yogi99

CAGiversary!
I've recently switched to Firefox web browser from IE6 due to security issues. How about you guys?

I switched around June, I really like firefox except that sometimes I have to use IE to view certain pages correctly. Firefox IS still in beta though I think, so hopefully they will iron everything out in time. It's pop-up blocker owns and I love using the tabs instead of opening tons of new windows.

switched when I reformatted, its great.. especially wit the following extensions: Linkification, ieview (lets you right click links to open in IE if its not loading correctly), add bookmark here, tiny url creater, and all in one gestures

I've been using it since the earlier betas when it was still called Phoenix. Best browser I've ever used, and you can't beat the fact that it's free.

I've been using it for a few months now and agree about the pop-up blocker. Its my number 1 default for my home computer . Would like my job to allow
it though...

I have been using Firefox for quite some time now and i definately am not looking back. I also wouldnt go back to Internet exploiter.

I still use IE for sites I know are safe like my email, here and a couple of other forums. But to go randoml surfing and for visiting links people send me I use firefox.

[quote name='spidey']I've been using it since the earlier betas when it was still called Phoenix. Best browser I've ever used, and you can't beat the fact that it's free.[/quote]

Heh, I've been using it since before then. I love Firefox so much. I wish some fcking websites would adhere to the W3 standards so their fucking pages would load correctly in Netscape browsers and not just IE.

I've been using it for maybe two weeks now. I love it. :)

It stinks, though...more often than not, the extensions that I try to download won't work. I'll get the extension manager and it will finish downloading, but it will pop up with a "Download Error" dialogue box and it won't install.

"Firesomething" works, though. And brilliantly at that. :D

Firefox has been working great for me. I have one problem though: Lots of images (such as signature pics) simply don't come up. Is this a beta problem or did I do something in my settings?

I've been using it for a couple months now. I've got a Mac, and since Micro_ _ _ _ stopped making IE for Mac OSX, Firefox is a good IE substitute. Don't get me wrong, I love Safari, but sometimes you just need an alternative to view a page correctly.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Firefox has been working great for me. I have one problem though: Lots of images (such as signature pics) simply don't come up. Is this a beta problem or did I do something in my settings?[/quote]

Try right clicking and selecting "View Image."

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Firefox has been working great for me. I have one problem though: Lots of images (such as signature pics) simply don't come up. Is this a beta problem or did I do something in my settings?[/quote]

Try right clicking and selecting "View Image."[/quote]

There's nothing to right click. It doesn't just leave an outline or a space, the image simply isn't there. All text is moved to cover up where the picture should be. Pictures that contain links still show up, but for instance, the boxart for games on the main page is not there.

I switched a few weeks ago, after searching thru torrents sites landed me a trojan. Firefox seems much more secure than ie, and it doesnt d/l crap without asking.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Firefox has been working great for me. I have one problem though: Lots of images (such as signature pics) simply don't come up. Is this a beta problem or did I do something in my settings?[/quote]

Most likely:

Tools>Options>Web Features>Uncheck "For the originating web site only"

I, too, am a Firefox Convert. I used Netscape 7.1 for a long while because it had tabbing, and UVa has Mozilla installed on its computers. But after reading all the hype about Firefox, and really digging the name, I switched last week. Have yet to regret it. :D Although, I don't really notice much difference but the design of Firefox is a heck of a lot sweeter.
DOWN WITH BILL "MEGALOMANIAC" GATES!!!

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']I got Mozilla Firefox. Does that count or is Firefox seperate from that?[/quote]

There are the same thing.

I like the small download size of Firefox.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Firefox has been working great for me. I have one problem though: Lots of images (such as signature pics) simply don't come up. Is this a beta problem or did I do something in my settings?[/quote]

Most likely:

Tools>Options>Web Features>Uncheck "For the originating web site only"[/quote]

THANKYOU!

I tried Firefox for about 2 days and hated it. Grabbed Opera and like that a little better, but a lot of things don't seem to work on anything outside of IE or Nutscrape.

I like Firefox alot, it just needs to render all pages correctly and have good tabbed browsing without a plugin and it'd be #1 in my book. Actually a better favorites editor wouldn't hurt either, not that the IE one doesn't blow.

i have been using avant -- do you guys have an opinion on how avant compares to firefox and opera? should i switch?

i can't use IE anymore due to some glitch (error in KERNEL32.DLL) - i'd be eternally grateful if someone knew what the heck that means and has an idea on how to fix it

cheers

[quote name='yogi99']

I like the small download size of Firefox.[/quote]
Same here. I was orginally going to download Mozilla, but I decided to download Firefox because it was so much smaller. It takes forever to download almost anything on my 56k connection.

I've been using Firefox since it was Phoenix too and it's pretty sweet. I tried Opera but didn't care for it and of course, explorer blows ass.

I've been using it for a month now, and love it. I especially like the "multiple tabs" feature, makes having many windows open much easier.

bread's done
Back