Who has the fastest and most reliable internet service?

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!
The area I'm moving to doesnt get Verizon fios. It's a choice between time warner and AT&T.

Please help me make a good decision.

Isn't Time Warner a part of comcast? If so then they have faster internet then AT&T's uverse, but they have a cap of about 250 GBs per month on their internet. AT&T is unlimited with their internet, but their fastest connection is about 18 mbps down and that's about 65 a month if they have Uverse in that area.

[quote name='Paco']Isn't Time Warner a part of comcast? If so then they have faster internet then AT&T's uverse, but they have a cap of about 250 GBs per month on their internet. AT&T is unlimited with their internet, but their fastest connection is about 18 mbps down and that's about 65 a month if they have Uverse in that area.[/QUOTE]

I have Time Warner and I don't have a cap, but it is crappy internet.

[quote name='Paco']Isn't Time Warner a part of comcast? If so then they have faster internet then AT&T's uverse, but they have a cap of about 250 GBs per month on their internet. AT&T is unlimited with their internet, but their fastest connection is about 18 mbps down and that's about 65 a month if they have Uverse in that area.[/QUOTE]

#-o

Time Warner and Comcast are direct competitors.
I would get AT&T if they offer UVerse in your area, if they don't then I would go with Time Warner.

I think in your case, fast and reliable are mutually exclusive. Time Warner will most likely have the fastest plans, but AT&T will be the most reliable.

I personally have found Cable to be faster than DSL. Time Warner offers Cable and AT&T offers DSL... so my choice would be Time Warner.

One thing to note about u-verse is that the pings tend to be higher than cable or DSL. If you're into online gaming, particularly shooters like CoD:MW2, you might want to go with cable...

I have u-verse, but whenever I play CoD online I really notice the lag more than any internet provider in the past. (I've used Comcast, AT&T DSL, and BrightHouse).

On the upside, the u-verse connection is relatively cheap, and offers blazing d/l speed.

"I have u-verse, but whenever I play CoD online I really notice the lag more than any internet provider in the past. (I've used Comcast, AT&T DSL, and BrightHouse)."

I have the same problem with uverse but not COD but with Uncharted 2, I get a lot of freezing playing online.

bread's done
Back