Who hates Gamestop?

[quote name='darkslime']The great thing is to sit by the trade counter and offer to buy all of the crap or too scratched games for extremely cheap.
Then go back later in the day when the guy who doesn't care how scratched the video games are is on shift and trade them in.
Trade in all of the crappy games when they're out of stock of them.[/quote]

LOL, the only problem doing that is that some stores get ticked. I do love seeing someone trying to trade in classic stuff, and buying it from them.

I was so tempted to buy some stuff from a lady last week, they were going to give her $37 for Halo 3, Viva Pinata, Call of duty, and one more newer 360 game. I wanted to offer her $40, but was afraid to. I about went over and said hey kids did you knokow you are getting less for all 4 of your games than they sell Halo 3 for?

[quote name='Sinnbox']LOL, the only problem doing that is that some stores get ticked. I do love seeing someone trying to trade in classic stuff, and buying it from them.

I was so tempted to buy some stuff from a lady last week, they were going to give her $37 for Halo 3, Viva Pinata, Call of duty, and one more newer 360 game. I wanted to offer her $40, but was afraid to. I about went over and said hey kids did you knokow you are getting less for all 4 of your games than they sell Halo 3 for?[/quote] They never get pissed. The video game guys are cool. One even gives me all of the scratched to shit games for free because he's pissed at the other guy for taking all of them. XD
I usually resurface them at PnT or trade them there.
The only bad thing about that store is that because of it there's no retro games at yard sales.

^oh, That's cool, some stores are cool like that just make sure that no DM's are in the store when you do it, most of them will try to call the cops!!

Gamestop is always hit or miss, but my last experience with a specific store impressed me so much, I think I'll start shopping their exclusively.

I finally found myself a copy of Growlanser: Heritage of War (new - opened, but still pristine) and I brought it up to the counter. For some reason I started chatting it up with the guy behind the counter how I was happy that I found this sealed (I thought they had a sealed copy behind the counter). He said that there's no way I'd find it sealed nowadays unless I hit the internet and even then it's sketchy. So he knocked off 5 bucks because the product wasn't new!

Continued talking and he said that he just had Digital Devil Saga 1 (the deluxe edition) sent to him from another Gamestop (still sealed mind you). My mind was blown and I asked him if he could do the same for me. He said sure and proceeded to call about a dozen stores over the US looking for a copy. Eventually he got some other customers in and had to go, but I left my card and he said he'd keep looking for me.

It's that kind of customer service that can make or break a store. Saxon, thanks a million. You've restored my faith in my local Gamestop.

Oh, this is the same Gamestop I found a new (opened, but new) Izuna as well for $19.99. I love this store.

^that's cool, I have found several good GS's like that in my day, but as soon as i do the manager gets transfered!! :(

[quote name='Sinnbox']^that's cool, I have found several good GS's like that in my day, but as soon as i do the manager gets transfered!! :([/quote] Yeah, I found a GS like that, but the manager moved to Florida like a month later. >.<

Also, about that other store, I don't think there is a DM. The owner of the chain is leader of some weird religious cult in California, and the stores basically run themselves.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I finally found myself a copy of Growlanser: Heritage of War (new - opened, but still pristine) and I brought it up to the counter. For some reason I started chatting it up with the guy behind the counter how I was happy that I found this sealed (I thought they had a sealed copy behind the counter). He said that there's no way I'd find it sealed nowadays unless I hit the internet and even then it's sketchy.[/QUOTE]

That's not surprising, even when it first came out GameStop was the only store I saw selling it so it makes sense you'd have a hard time finding it sealed. I don't know about the sketchy internet thing though, it's pretty widely available, Amazon has it in stock.

bread's done
Back