Who here did not like Resident Evil 4? (spoilers)

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
IMO, it was a decent game, but not a very good Resident Evil game. It was too easy and mindless at times. The puzzles were lame. The story didn’t make much sense even for a Resident Evil game. The enemies were not well designed IMO (except for the bosses and regenerators). I didn't like the HUD display and the merchant killed the experience. So, anyone else not like Resident Evil 4?

It was approximately 112 times better than any previous Resident Evil game. All of the others were horrible (the original was good at the time, I thought, but looking back I don't like it).

What this one manages is to be fun, and playable, and you never have to fight the controller just to get around. Top marks from me, I'm afraid. :)

it did not have much replayability IMO. Great game the first time through, but like you said, there was a lack of puzzles, and too much health and ammo.

I actually like the old style RE more.

I really hate all the previous Resident Evil games, but since I heard so many good things about this one I gave it a try. I agree with almost everything the OP says, but somehow the game is still fun. Essentially you just walk around and shoot everything, but I guess they did it well because I keep coming back for more.

[quote name='asaraa']I'm not sure....but I think DenisDFat didn't like it either.[/quote]

His avatar is Link, so he only likes Zelda games anyways ;)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']it did not have much replayability IMO. Great game the first time through, but like you said, there was a lack of puzzles, and too much health and ammo.

I actually like the old style RE more.[/quote]

More health and ammo actually makes me kind of want to play this. I hated conserving ammo in the previous games. After RE2 I just stopped playing them

Once I unlocked the Merc mini game... the game's replay value went through the roof. As tedious as it is... I haven't played FFXI since I unlocked it.

I liked all the previous RE games, and though RE4 is different from other games in the series in a number of ways, I liked it a lot as well. It's not really better or worse imo, just different, and I like this latest game as much as I've liked any of them. If Capcom brings out another 5-10 RE games as good as this one, I'll be quite happy.

I am glad they changed the style of RE. I could never stand the old control scheme and the game is much more newb friendly; just what Capcom needed. Using the same control style, enemies, camera, etc on GC that were used on PS1 turns off a lot of potential new fans. The lack of difficulty with puzzles isn't necessarilly good but if you want to invite new casual gamers to become fans of the series you've got to meet their demands. An the mercs and Assignment Ada add lots of replay value.

I think everything you described was pretty minor in the scheme of things. The story wasn't anything special, then again no games really have good stories. The dialogue was pretty lame, but I didn't play RE for a good story or acting. I will also give you that the puzzles weren't that great. The HUD was a minor complaint, and the merchant....that's kind of reaching. It's like me saying I don't like the game because of the title screen.

However 95% of the game, the GAMEPLAY was fantastic. Great AI IMO, and a large variety of enemies and bosses, and ways to kill them. The game also had numerous variations in the shooting such as the boss battles, helicopter near the end, and mine cart ride. The story was also intergrated to the gameplay so that you could never put the controller down.

Also maybe I am just not that good at games, but I found the game pretty difficult, especially the bosses/mini-bosses. I am glad there was adequate health and ammo, I hated running past enemies in prior RE games.

I think its the best RE as far as sheer enjoyment factor, but I thought it was way too easy. I was using healing items at 95% life just so I wouldn't have to leave ammo/more life behind.. At the end of the game I had about 7 green herbs, three g/y/r herbs, a r/g herb and 6 first aide sprays.... 6! I never bought one. Stupidly... there were only 20 or so magnum bullets in the whole game. I really don't understand why they didn't just let you buy ammo. For most of the game I was overflowing with ammo, but towards the end I started running low. I sold all the uzi and magnum ammo I got. Was there ever any ammo for the mine thrower? How did that gun work? I didn't buy it.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I really hate all the previous Resident Evil games, but since I heard so many good things about this one I gave it a try. I agree with almost everything the OP says, but somehow the game is still fun. Essentially you just walk around and shoot everything, but I guess they did it well because I keep coming back for more.[/quote]
Um this dude took the words right out of my mouth, along with the OP but this is one of my favorite games.

[quote name='Kayden']I think its the best RE as far as sheer enjoyment factor, but I thought it was way too easy. I was using healing items at 95% life just so I wouldn't have to leave ammo/more life behind.. At the end of the game I had about 7 green herbs, three g/y/r herbs, a r/g herb and 6 first aide sprays.... 6! I never bought one. Stupidly... there were only 20 or so magnum bullets in the whole game. I really don't understand why they didn't just let you buy ammo. For most of the game I was overflowing with ammo, but towards the end I started running low. I sold all the uzi and magnum ammo I got. Was there ever any ammo for the mine thrower? How did that gun work? I didn't buy it.[/quote]

The mine ammo appears after you buy the gun, it is really useful cause the mines stick to enimies.

simply one of the best games ever created.
at every point - masterpiece.
I bought it 11th january(LE) and still playing it.
bonuses are awesome.
and mercenaries mode is fun(it's kind of sad it isn't a multiplayer).

Shoot, I'm not a big fan of the Cube but your gotta give Nintendo/Capcom props for RE4. A level of polish I have not seen in Capcom for quite a while. From what I hear, DMC3 is just as polished.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']it did not have much replayability IMO. Great game the first time through, but like you said, there was a lack of puzzles, and too much health and ammo.

I actually like the old style RE more.[/quote]

Not much replayability? It's the only game in the past year that has had me coming back after I beat it (save for multiplayer only). I was possessed for a week trying to get 5 stars on all of the mercenaries missions with all people. And once I got the hand cannon I made another run at the game trimming my time down from 15 hours to 3:07.

My only dissapoint me with RE4 (so far, i'm in chapter 3-2) is the lack of scares. I thought REmake was pretty jumpy at times, RE4 has only scared me twice so far 1) When the snakes pop out the box 2) Mr. Chainsaw man. Overall though, I feel this is the best RE game in the bunch and Capcom has outdone themselves.

In my opinion this is the best resident evil in the series but yet at the same time it didn't have that same resident evil feeling that i got from playing the others not that its a bad thing. The replayability is alright and the chicago typewriter and infinite launcher were kind of fun but the mercenaries mini game was pretty simple and assignment ada mini game was even easier.

In my opinion this is the best resident evil in the series but yet at the same time it didn't have that same resident evil feeling that i got from playing the others not that its a bad thing. The replayability is alright and the chicago typewriter and infinite launcher were kind of fun but the mercenaries mini game was pretty simple and assignment ada mini game was even easier.

damn straight man 2005 is capcom year :cool:

bread's done
Back