Who here has watched a television series season on DVD

I never gave "ALIAS" a chance till the tail end of the 2nd season, and could not get enough of it. So I went out and bought season 1 on DVD and then season 2 when it came out. And been watching every Sunday when its on, and will proberly pick up season 3 also even if I see every episode just so I have them all. Also have both Family Guy sets and love them.

p.s.
Also agree with Parker Lewis and Brisco County, being 2 of the best sleeper series of the 90's.

NO BIRDMAN?! I swear I can remember a point where I checked amazon and it was scheduled for a June release. Figures though; great show like that won't be released until it's long over. *sob* I want my Harvey Birdman.

Target has season one of Futurama for $19.99 so I picked it up and started watching it today.

In case you were serious, guyver2077, Saved by the Bell is out on DVD. Season one, anyway.

I watch more TV on DVD than TV. In part because they're usually unedited, and it's so much more convenient. Plus it's easier for me watch 22-45 minutes of a tv show than a full-length movie, usually. The starred ones below I've watched all of, the others I'm working through.
Simpsons 1-3 **
Mary Tyler Moore season 1 *
The Tick, complete series *
The Outer Limits season 1
Red Dwarf 1 and 2 [need 3/4] * *
Fawlty Towers complete series *
Young Ones complete series *
Bottom, complete series *
Lexx disks 1-4
Malcolm in the Middle S1
Freaks and Geeks complete series
CSI S1
Irresponsible Captain Tylor complete series *
Monty Python complete series
Rocky and Bullwinkle complete series
Upright Citizens Brigade s1
Not to mention anime tv shows:
Eat-Man 98 *
Sakura Diaries *
Cardcaptor Sakura
Princess Nine *
Excel Saga
NG Evangelion *

And probably a bunch more.....

i love the television dvd box sets. i've got:

-aqua teen hunger force vol. 1
-clerks animated series
-family guy (both volumes)
-futurama (all three)
-king of the hill (both seasons)
-looney tunes golden collection
-mr. show (both volumes)
-mystery science theater 3000 (the "eegah" episode)
-the simpsons (all three seasons and the "treehouse of horror" dvd)
-south park season 2 (i need the other two, and season four when it's out)
-the new teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon vol. 1 (it sucks, by the way. they are releasing the old cartoon series soon, though, and that will rule)
-upright citizen's brigade season one

i really want the mst3k volumes (all 5) and the g.i. joe dvds. i'm also kind of excited for the freaks & geeks set that's out tomorrow. they need to put sealab out on dvd.

i never saw an episode of the sopranos until the middle of february. a coworker let me borrow all four dvd sets and i had to watch them all in the month and a half or so before he premier of season 5. it was pretty great, but the only downside of doing it that way was you didn't really grasp the time that was supposed to have passed between episodes and seasons. in the show they would talk about something that happened "months ago" and i would sit there thinking "no, you just did that last night."

i need to buy those sopranos sets.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i love the television dvd box sets. i've got:

-aqua teen hunger force vol. 1
-clerks animated series
-family guy (both volumes)
-futurama (all three)
-king of the hill (both seasons)
-looney tunes golden collection
-mr. show (both volumes)
-mystery science theater 3000 (the "eegah" episode)
-the simpsons (all three seasons and the "treehouse of horror" dvd)
-south park season 2 (i need the other two, and season four when it's out)
-the new teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon vol. 1 (it sucks, by the way. they are releasing the old cartoon series soon, though, and that will rule)
-upright citizen's brigade season one

i really want the mst3k volumes (all 5) and the g.i. joe dvds. i'm also kind of excited for the freaks & geeks set that's out tomorrow. they need to put sealab out on dvd.

i never saw an episode of the sopranos until the middle of february. a coworker let me borrow all four dvd sets and i had to watch them all in the month and a half or so before he premier of season 5. it was pretty great, but the only downside of doing it that way was you didn't really grasp the time that was supposed to have passed between episodes and seasons. in the show they would talk about something that happened "months ago" and i would sit there thinking "no, you just did that last night."

i need to buy those sopranos sets.[/quote]

Dur, I completely forgot to list Clerks Animated Series. Shame on me. I've watched those eps dozens of times.

"Who is driving? Bear is driving? How can that be?"

I've also seen some of the first Mr. Show dvd set.

mr. show is easily one of my favorites. they need to set a date for season 4.

also, i forgot to mention how i need to pick up curb your enthusiasm (the one that's out and vol. 2 in june) and the entire series of the critic. the problem is that all of those sets add up to a lot of money.

i wasn't sure about the clerks cartoon the first time i saw it, but then i grew to enjoy it almost as much as the movie. well, maybe not, but i enjoy it quite a bit.

"we find in favor of...big american party!"

I, fo one am looking foward to Invader Zim getting released on May 11th. Too bad I'll be in basic training until the end of June. :(

Damn I forgot Clerks, too. But I never hope Dvd boxset of VR Troopers, Masked Rider, and 17 years worth of Power Rangers. Please god NO!!!

what about super human samurai cyber squad? i used to love that show. i used to have the underwear.

dont know why i shared that. hey i was like 6.

that show was so cheesy and awesome! i never watched it when it was on but ive come across a few tapes while thrifting and its sooooooooo bad

Disney Gargoyles on dvd would be amazing. that was such a great show. I have all the futuramas, Clerks, and my sis has all simpsons ones, I wish I had enough money to buy the star trek ones.

The Dead Zone - First season with AMH (anthony michael hall)
everybody get it right now.
Oh yes and chappelle's show. family guy. and south park.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']YES i jsut found out theyre releasing samurai jack season one on dvd in may! this is almost as good as tick on dvd. also, sealab 2021 is comin out in july! oh happy day!

is like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain[/quote]

thanks for recommending this crapball show (sealab) lol....id trade it off instantly if it wasn't for master shake & meatwad making special guest appearances....

by the way, everyone is welcomed for the "bump"....i just had to search for the ppl who recommend sealab...i couldnt find the other thread that i created a while back about tv shows on dvd...so this one had to do

Also, when you thimnk about a TV seson on DVd it's a great price. You get a day's worth of viewing for $40-$60 bucks, depending on the show. As example, AR for $20 I got 24 Season 1. That's less than a dollar an hour an episode!

[quote name='trustcompany1013']by the way, everyone is welcomed for the "bump"....i just had to search for the ppl who recommend sealab...i couldnt find the other thread that i created a while back about tv shows on dvd...so this one had to do[/quote]
4 month bump. How does Sealab fare against Aqua Teen Hunger Force though. And to the original topic, I have Law & Order: Season 1 and The Office on DVD. Law & Order was great until they came out with all these spinoffs - Damn you Law & Order: Elevators Inspectors Unit!

[quote name='ykryptonite13'][quote name='trustcompany1013']by the way, everyone is welcomed for the "bump"....i just had to search for the ppl who recommend sealab...i couldnt find the other thread that i created a while back about tv shows on dvd...so this one had to do[/quote]
4 month bump. How does Sealab fare against Aqua Teen Hunger Force though. And to the original topic, I have Law & Order: Season 1 and The Office on DVD. Law & Order was great until they came out with all these spinoffs - Damn you Law & Order: Elevators Inspectors Unit![/quote]

when i first watched ATHF...i couldnt really get the humor until after a few episodes, then it was the best thing in the world...as for SeaLab...i couldnt really get the humor until...well...i guess i never got it fully....it was way to predictable and just not funny imo...i still watched the whole season though...the little 2 minute bit that ATHF had in it was enough for me to keep it

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I want older, more obscure stuff released on DVD. Stuff like Beans Baxter, Brisco County, Parker Lewis.

Of course, I'd sell grandbabies for Max Headroom on DVD.[/quote]

parker lewis can't loose isnt that what it was called( that show ruled) ferris bueler rip off right?

Ok heres my #1 tv dvd request that 99.9% of u have no idea this show ever existed. was called my secret identity late '80s starred the fat kid from stand by me anyone? anyone?

I want some of the obscure shoows also. I'm not sure if anyone remembers it but ExoSquad was FOX cartoons at its best. Defiently up there with X-Men and Spiderman.

yea jerry oconnel he used 2 use the spray cans to fly and had a fat comic collection. good old rare seldom seen tv show. In the vain of the greatest american hero, another great old tv show that needs a dvd boxed set

I'm almost done watching the entire first season of Dead Like Me this week. Its great show that's kinda filled in the hole that Wonderfalls left. I'm still trying to make it through The Office...

I have all three seasons of Family Guy on DVD, and the first three seasons of Futurama on DVD. Whenever I have nothing to do I just put in a disk and start watching episodes. Great stuff.
Like many others Im also hoping for Spider-Man and X-Men season DVDs.

[quote name='agapens']I'm almost done watching the entire first season of Dead Like Me this week. Its great show that's kinda filled in the hole that Wonderfalls left. I'm still trying to make it through The Office...[/quote]
I think The Office is one of those "Get-it" or "Don't-Get-It" Shows. The first episode wasn't really funny but the other ones bring it up to spped and then we see the magic that is David Brent. Lives up to all those critics' praises IMO.

[quote name='karsh']Heh...I'm currently watching the first season of The Dead Zone because of a certain someone here... :wink:[/quote]

Hmm I wonder who'd that be O:)

I have the 1st and 3rd seasons of the Simpsons from when they were $15 each. It's great to watch the old shows since they're not on anymore. I even got to see a few I had never seen before because of that fact. If it weren't for the fact that that they're usually $30 or more, I'd have a bunch more. I want some old Nick shows like Pete & Pete, Ren & Stimpy, and other obscure mid-90s nastalgia(sp?) shows.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='karsh']Heh...I'm currently watching the first season of The Dead Zone because of a certain someone here... :wink:[/quote]

Hmm I wonder who'd that be O:)[/quote]

I think it was that SneakyPegnuin guy :wink: :twisted:

The numbers for 2003 showed over a $Billion of business in TV seasons on DVD. The range of available shows has more than doubled in the year to date so the 2004 numbers could be truly huge.

Obviously this is no flash in the pan but rather a new standard in how media properties are handled. Especially for shows killed before they had a chance to build any audience (Fox) such as Firefly and Wonderfalls. The latter only got three episodes on the air before it was pulled even though thirteen were produced. Just about everyone who saw it loves it but damned few ever got the chance. And despite starting production at the same time the wretched 'Joan of Arcadia' was rushed into broadcast to create the false impression 'Wonderfalls' was a knockoff.

Clerks, Family Guy, Chappelle's Show, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (old) and a few others. And a bunch of anime.

I would kill for a DVD set of Brisco County.

[quote name='tyecko']Anyone here ever seen the cartoon The Critic? I just got that and it is HILARIOUS.[/quote]

I love that show, I watch it every Sunday(actually monday morning).

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='tyecko']Anyone here ever seen the cartoon The Critic? I just got that and it is HILARIOUS.[/quote]

I love that show, I watch it every Sunday(actually monday morning).[/quote]
Was the critic on the Simpsons once? If so then I think Ive seen part of an episode, but I have no idea when its on.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='tyecko']Anyone here ever seen the cartoon The Critic? I just got that and it is HILARIOUS.[/quote]

I love that show, I watch it every Sunday(actually monday morning).[/quote]
Was the critic on the Simpsons once? If so then I think Ive seen part of an episode, but I have no idea when its on.[/quote]

Yes, he was on for an episode. It's on Comedy Central on sunday nights at 3 or 3:30 AM usually, but it wasn't on this week, so I'm not sure when it's on. Your best bet would be to just get the DVD.

Yeah he is on the episode where there is the Springfield Film Festival and Barney's film wins but Homer likes the man getting hit by football movie.

Tv on Dvd I own:
The Complete Mr. Bean
Simpsons 1-4
Futurama Volumer 1 & 2
Family Guy Season 1 & 2
Buffy 1-6
Curb your enthusiasm 1 & 2

Dvds I want from TV, or that should be made, or that is comin out and I will get:
Transformers Beast Wars
Seinfeld
Clerks Animated
The Tick Animated series
Batman the Animated Series
Spiderman from Fox
Angels
Harvey Birdman
Clone High
Batman Beyond

I guess thats it for now

bread's done