Who here works at Best Buy?

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
I'm trying to find a new job once the holiday season starts up, because I'm tired and fed up with working at Gamestop, it's just too boring. You gut games, put them out, file games away, ring people up, answer calls, repeat. B-O-R-I-N-G! Anyways, was interested in Best Buy for a part time job.

1. How are they with hours?
2. Can you only apply online or can you do through the store?
3. How can you get an interview if you can't call them if it's online?
4. How much is starting pay if min. wage here is $8.00?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']

4. How much is starting pay if min. wage here is $8.00?[/quote]

1. They will let you block out days of the week, but be prepared to work full time and overtime on the days you are "available."

2. Online.

3. Call the store you want to work in, do a great job on your application?

4. Probably something around $8.50-$8.75, no experience probably $8.25.

Be prepared, Best Buy encourages a competitive "highschool-like" environment in its work force. They want you to work like you are on commission, but you will not be given any financial incentive.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I'm trying to find a new job once the holiday season starts up, because I'm tired and fed up with working at Gamestop, it's just too boring. You gut games, put them out, file games away, ring people up, answer calls, repeat. B-O-R-I-N-G! Anyways, was interested in Best Buy for a part time job.

4. How much is starting pay if min. wage here is $8.00?[/QUOTE]

What makes you think Best Buy is any better?

Maybe you just like to get yelled at more.

I worked at Best Buy for about 7 months during my senior year of high school before they let me go because they felt "it looked like I didnt want to work there" which they were right about.

They fired all the management that hired me and brought in a bunch of new dickheads who only cared about promotions. The old management was really chill, except one got fired for getting caught playing one of the demo kiosks while on the job, then another got transferred and the other quit because the other two left.

Once the new guys came in, and Spring rolled in, I stopped caring. They also wanted me to sell warranties on 7/10 camera sales which is absurd.

It's only really good for the discount which is what I miss the most. 5% over cost which is just retarded. You can get accessories for like $2. I remember buying 2 25 ft ethernet cables for $4 each and a hub for $12 or something.

Yea, I have worked at Circuit City, Best Buy, Ebgames and Gamestop. Circuit City and Gamestop were the worst. Best Buy is bad to, you will really hate everyone you work with, and the customers can get very annoying. You may like working there if you are a mindless douchebag.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but maybe you should consider moving into a job that does not involve retail and sales. Moving from Gamestop to Best Buy is like switching from menthol cigarettes to lights; you're still smoking, bud.

bread's done
Back