Who is going to be online with Champions of Norath?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Should be pretty sweet.
Personally, I prefer if they made BG2 online, but then again, I haven't played this game yet.

I know I'll be picking this one up for sure.

I plan on purchasing the title (free with my sony points, yeah!) and so do 2 other ps2 owners I know. I wish there was like a deathmatch feature that you go up against other people to see who is the better warrior....

Ah, thanks for that FAQ heads up.
Disappointing that there is no buddy list or online lobbies.

Well, hopefully we can get some CAG dungeon crawling going on.

this may be a stupid question.........

do you have to pay to play online or is it free?

i have yet to get a network adaptor but this game may drive me to do so.

[quote name='Journey']this may be a stupid question.........

i have yet to get a network adaptor but this game may drive me to do so.[/quote]

It is free to play online. The network adaptor, broadband connection, the ps2, and the game will cost you though. Unless.............. ah nevermind, you guys wouldn't be interested......

[quote name='Journey']this may be a stupid question.........

i have yet to get a network adaptor but this game may drive me to do so.[/quote]

this game there is a monthly fee

[quote name='Lstorm34'][quote name='Journey']this may be a stupid question.........

this game there is a monthly fee[/quote]

No there isn't...you are thinking of Everquest: Online Adventures.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Lstorm34'][quote name='Journey']this may be a stupid question.........

this game there is a monthly fee[/quote]

No there isn't...you are thinking of Everquest: Online Adventures.[/quote]

my bad :oops:

I'll be renting this game and if it's really good the I might be buying it. I played the demo and I enjoyed it.

I plan on purchasing the title (free with my sony points, yeah!)

How do you get Sony points?... I want some. And oh yeah I will be buying the game and hopefully i will get the network adapter soon after to jump online.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']
How do you get Sony points?... I want some. And oh yeah I will be buying the game and hopefully i will get the network adapter soon after to jump online.[/quote]

Get a sony credit card and use it..... a lot..... It's like a discover card except they pay you in Sony points and then you can buy something Sony and either get like 5x points or use your sony points to make it cheaper or free.

Anyone get it yet?
I wonder if you can create a game online and give it a specific name.

This way, we could always have a CAG game going.

I received mine today from ebgames.com (with Babes of Norrath calendar hehe), just giving it a try now, it kicks major ass! I didn't wanna jump into the online portion without trying it out a bit and levelling a little, but it's great gameplay so far.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']i want this game real bad, i just simply dont have the cash for it right now. soon though... very soon[/quote]

I traded Disgaea to my friend for this - it just wasn't my "cup of tea", I never got into the "Japanese console" style RPG's.

[quote name='Ecks'][quote name='metroidkiller9']i want this game real bad, i just simply dont have the cash for it right now. soon though... very soon[/quote]

I traded Disgaea to my friend for this - it just wasn't my "cup of tea", I never got into the "Japanese console" style RPG's.[/quote]

it just came out yesterday and he traded it to you already? lucky you. not so lucky me.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']it just came out yesterday and he traded it to you already? lucky you. not so lucky me.[/quote]

I picked up Disgaea maybe 3 weeks ago to try it (I had a lot of trade in credit), and he said if I didn't like it he'd take it off my hands - I didn't like it, so he pre-ordered Champions of Norrath for me.

Now I just have the problem of having three games to play all based on the same engine! Champions of Norrath, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II and Fallout Brotherhood of Steel (which is also the order of their quality hehe).

This game indeed kicks ass! Been playing it since day one, but sadly I don't have broadband only dialup....Anyone know if you can get it to work on just dialup...I mean without using the headset and stuff? I REALLY want to play it online, but I don't want to buy a network adaptor if I can';t use the dialup....another question...can you use the network adaptor and 2 ps2s to do a system link with this game on two different systems and TVs? I REALLY wanna play this Multiplayer...its awesome even in single player.

I've played several hours of both games and I have to say, Champions of Norrath seems to be the better game.

4 player action and online capability are just the icing on the cake.
While the games are VERY similar, Champions has the better graphics, sound, and gameplay.

If I was Vivendi, I would have released BG2 as a $30 title.

Got the game over the weekend, and so far it's awesome. I haven't gotten the chance to play online yet (I've kind of been waiting for a decent deal on a USB headset). But I think I'll try playing without voice chat tonight.

I love this game, already on the 2nd difficulty.

Level 24 Cleric

Anyone wanna get a Cheap Ass Game going on later?

bread's done
Back