Who lives in northern Tennessee?

[quote name='lokizz']its mostly bad out in nashville and memphis.[/QUOTE]
Clarksville too. They released the dams to relieve Nashville and the water from Nashville is now headed to Clarksville.

[quote name='Matt Young']I hope Scorch is okay.[/QUOTE]

Well he lives about 40 miles outside of Nashville and about 250 miles north of Memphis so I hope he's alright.

I have family in Memphis and its surrounding areas they have told me about how bad it is down there.

Last edited by a moderator:
GF's family lives around there. Luckily everyone is okay. I can't believe the Opry is flooded. I was just there back in December.

Yeah it's pretty bad, my area was pretty flooded too. I'm actually worried about Wolf Creek Dam, they haven't been able to finish repairs on it, it wasn't in great condition to begin with. I don't know if that area got hit with any flooding or not.

Yeah, I'm good. Roads were washed out here, though. I was trying to get home and I saw a kid's tricycle float by me.. that was surreal (the water was only a few inches on the road at that time, so no danger there.. if I had tried an hour later it would've been impassable).

Pictures of Opryland/Opry Mills flooded are unbelievable.

Good to hear you're okay, Scorch. Best wishes to everyone affected.

As much fun as urban kayaking sounds, I'd hate to deal with a flood. I'd be worried about my beloved pets drowning, and much less important but still my #2 concern- my many electronic possessions.

A tornado ravaged my hometown of Springfield, IL, in March of 2006. That was very scary... and I had never feared tornadoes before. The earthquakes here in California... some people who have lived here their whole lives freak out over them. I simply calmly go about my business and then tease them when they post their "OMFG EARTHQUAKE WE'S GON' DIE" Facebook status updates.

[quote name='Unaki']Clarksville too. They released the dams to relieve Nashville and the water from Nashville is now headed to Clarksville.[/QUOTE]

damn that fucking sucks i know some people out there. most of my people live in east tennessee so theyre ok. from what the news said nashville and other areas got like 15 or so feet of rain in hours which ive never heard of happening before so its not surprising that people got caught off guard. and there were supposedly chances of a tornado happening too but thankfully that didnt pan out. i remember spot flooding here and there in tennessee but i dont think its ever gotten this bad before. worst ive ever seen was when chilhowee park flooded over and it had to be drained out for days.

[quote name='lokizz']damn that fucking sucks i know some people out there. most of my people live in east tennessee so theyre ok. from what the news said nashville and other areas got like 15 or so feet of rain in hours which ive never heard of happening before so its not surprising that people got caught off guard. and there were supposedly chances of a tornado happening too but thankfully that didnt pan out.[/QUOTE]
There were two tornadoes in montgomery bell park which is where I was stuck at after a belegarth event. They hit unoccupied camps though.

[quote name='Unaki']There were two tornadoes in montgomery bell park which is where I was stuck at after a belegarth event. They hit unoccupied camps though.[/QUOTE]

glad nobody got hurt fucking weather has been nuts all over the place of late. really gets you to thinking about if these are just random incidents or the beginning of something bigger.

oh yeah, tornado already ripped up an almost-200-yr-old cypress tree next to my parents house. lucky the house was ok. now comes the flood...

I don't live in Tennessee but I do live in Cincinnati, which is right next to Northern Kentucky, which happens to be just one state adjacent Tennessee. Yay!

I went down to Gatlinburg for a weekend a few weeks ago with my girlfriend. It was fun... kinda. My johnson is still sore.

bread's done
Back