Who uses Goozex? Opinions?

codeblue2k

CAG Veteran
Im looking to unload a few of my older games and dont want to get ripped off by GameStop. Thought Goozex might be an option, but im just a little worried as how the whole system works and whether or not its legit. Whats your thoughts?

I've used Goozex for about a year now and I love it. There are a few bad sellers but as long as you get Delivery Confirmation and have a good feedback score (no negatives received) you are protected by Goozex. It is definitely a system worth using. Keep in mind that if your games are older sports titles or games that are in low demand, you will most likely be waiting a very long time before you get any points. Hope this helps.

-Jon

[quote name='codeblue2k']Im looking to unload a few of my older games and dont want to get ripped off by GameStop. Thought Goozex might be an option, but im just a little worried as how the whole system works and whether or not its legit. Whats your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Goozex is definitely legit, I've been using it for over a year now and between CAG deals/trading and Goozex trading, I've been getting the most value out of my games.

For example, this week I bought Hasbro Family Game Night (360) on an Amazon deal for $20, traded it on Goozex for 600 points ($30), and used those points to get Star Ocean 4 (600 points).

The trick to use to the one (CAG or Goozex) when it benefits you the most. You might be able to get a game on CAG cheaper than Goozex, or get more value on Goozex than CAG. Either way, by eliminating the middle man (GameStop), you're going to win either way.

~HotShotX

been on goozex since the first month it started (like aug 2006) and never had a problem with the company... had some bad trades but the company gave my pts back within a few days...

its been getting harder and harder to find games i want on the site though

I just recently gave Goozex a go. I actually had two games sell immediately (Lego Batman and Ratchet & Clank FTOD). I wound up making $18 off R&C (Goozex gave me $25 for it, I paid $7) and I made back what I paid for Batman ($12.50). So far everything's been great.

It does seems odd to me though that I was able to dump those immediately, yet my copies of GH5 and Madden 10 are still sitting there, with my place in line not budging.

I've not tried to actually purchase anything through them yet. I'm hoping its relatively easy to get some of the newer release games (Dragon Age, Smackdown, etc...).

I've used it for over a year now and had a 99% success rate(the other 1% was a seller who is now banned but I got my points back). If a game is really popular it will take time to get it on the system. Best advice if you want a new release game. Get online at around 12:59am on the release day and refresh until it's available then hope you get a good place in line.

Goozex is my one of my favorite websites, second only to CAG.

There really isn't any risk involved as long as you use a delivery confirmation number for all your shipments. If you can, use Paypal shipping as DC only costs about 18 cents.

CAG + Goozex + Amazon = cheapest gaming this generation

I started by offloading a X360 Beautiful Katamari that I bought for $10 to earn $30 (600 pts) and then more and more I offloaded games I didn't want to bother eBaying or trade to stores to earn a 100 points here, 200 points there and sometimes even up to 500.

Next thing I know I accumulated 4000 pts which I just spent half of to pick up like 7 different $10-30 games from other users. I just pray the games I get are in the same condition I send my stuff out - mint & flawless.

I noticed that those buy 2 get 1 free deals on new or used games work really well on Goozex.

I bought 3 copies of Borderlands for $120 at Best Buy during their B2G1F sale (bulking up my reward points in the process), I then unloaded 2 copies at 1000 points or $50 each, making my kept copy a mere $20 in the long run.

Would have worked better if I went the used route from Gamestop, but I did that when BL just came out so no chance of finding any used copies.

just decided to get a ps3 copy of burnout paradise for 350 pts. not bad for a $10 blu ray from amazon and i still have 350 left because apparently the guy tipped me 200 cuz it was sealed.

Since July 2008 I've sent off 88 games and received 62. It's been a really great experience. I was late jumping into both the 360 and PS3 bandwagons and it has been a good way for me to constantly recycle games in order to play the latest and greatest of the previous year. Trying to get new 1000 point games is stupid to me. I usually wait until they're at 800 if I am dying for them. Now that I've picked up a Nintendo DS I've used my Goozex surplus to build a small library for that.

As far as trade-ins go I've only done 2 $60+ trade-ins to Amazon back when they had promos running and I've never, ever done any with Gamestop and probably never will.

I love me some Goozex and give it my highest recommendation.

bread's done
Back