Who wants the GBA Micro (really)?

starboyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was looking to get rid of mine, but I keep getting told it's worth more than the trade in credit at EB. I figure, hell, if it's worth $40, done, but it doesn't seem like eBay demand matches the hysteria of the social elite I call a posse.

Am I mistaken in this?- is there really a demand for this thing?

And if so, who wants a black and silver one?

;p

Micros are available on clearance at TRU for $35.

I just got one on Friday. I love it so far. I thought the screen would be too small, but its not that bad. Altough I do have to hold it a little close to my face, lol.

Well, the reason ebay demand may be down is that it has been available new for $40 at a lot of places (never seen one at TRU). So ebay is probably flooded with new ones at $40-$50. Yours, being used, will be worth less. But if you wait a while it might regain a bit of value.

I imported the Anniversary Edition from Japan the day it came out for $140. I don't regret it one bit. ;)

I have to admit I was surprised at how much I like the Micro. With its tiny screen and tiny body, I thought my eyes and hands would hate me forever.

But the screen is surprisingly clear, and my hands have adapted. A silicon skin helps too.

I've been using it to play all my GBA games so far, and I look forward to playing FF6 on it. There's something to be said for the extreme portability of it.

[quote name='Puffa469']Micros are available on clearance at TRU for $35.

I just got one on Friday. I love it so far. I thought the screen would be too small, but its not that bad. Altough I do have to hold it a little close to my face, lol.[/QUOTE]

Is this YMMV or around everywhere? At $35, I'd buy one.

[quote name='alongx']Is this YMMV or around everywhere? At $35, I'd buy one.[/quote]

TRU clearances are usually chainwide, so if your store has some, they should ring up at $35.

My store had 2 bins full when they were $70. Musta been 200+ in there. When I picked one up last week, it was one of two left in the entire place. I wish they would have been the famicom colored one, but oh well. $35 is def the nice price for the Micro.

I ordered a Famicom one from Amazon last week for about $52 shipped. I bought one when they first came out, but sold it for $10 more than I paid, cause I didn't use it too often.

Now I have no SP and I fear for carrying the DS around too much. (already caused a hinge crack by dropping it.. oops)

Bought one about a year ago (with store credit) thinking the Famicom would be worth something after a while...but I was wrong :(. I'll probably end up keeping it, it was pretty convienant when I wanted to play something at school.

If I hadn't let a friend borrow my Micro charger, I would be playing FFVI on it.

I really like how small the Micro is. Sure the screen isn't that big, but the clarity is really nice.

I remember when I first got my Micro, I put about 25+ hours of Castlevania: AOS on it, before I finished up the game on my DS.

I want one, but I'm broke! I want to finally upgrade from my old style GBA, hopefully there will be one for me when I can afford one. $35 would be a nice price, but my TRU sold out the GBM during Thankgiving so I doubt they will restock. I hope I will have some luck in finding one for less than $40 or $50.

Been playing FFVI on it the past few days. The screen is vibrant, text is clear, and it makes the graphics look better because all those pixels are packed in. Also the size of the screen doesn't bother me because the point of the screen being clearer is to hold it closer to your face. With the SP, I'd hold it about a foot away. With the Micro, it is about 8 inches away.

I want one when the price is right. I bought from TRU for $20 and foolishly sold it for like $35. I'm still pissed at myself because, 1) I didn't make much off the deal, and 2) The person still hasn't left me feedback. Whatever, I'll get one eventually. They'll clearance out soon.

[quote name='Kendro']Also the size of the screen doesn't bother me because the point of the screen being clearer is to hold it closer to your face. With the SP, I'd hold it about a foot away. With the Micro, it is about 8 inches away.[/quote]

That certainly doesn't make you look like a weirdo. :applause:

:p

[quote name='Vegan']That certainly doesn't make you look like a weirdo. :applause:

:p[/quote]

lol, I must look like a blind fool then when I use the micro.

Ive actually gotten pretty good at using it one handed. For RPG's, you dont really need 2 hands on the thing. When you walking around, I just hold it with my left hand and use the d-pad. Then in combat I can switch off to the right hand.

I want one for $20 myself, but I don't NEED one. It's a fashion fab. It looks so nice compared to the old gba clunker, but it sucks that it doesn't play gameboy games.

I'm looking to get one as well - People have mentioned Walmarts selling them for $35 also but in my area, they never clearance anything out.

Anyone looking to trade/sell one (Famicom model preferred), let me know.

i bought one of the US 20th annivesary editions, but i never actually opened it up.....probably never will either....that's the joy of being a collector, buying things to never ever use them.....

Finally found a Walmart that actually had Micros in stock but they are only marked down to $50. At least they had 30 or so 20th Anniv Ed. so hopefully they'll still be some left if they ever drop the price to the point where it's a good deal.

I play mine a lot, I like the button layout and it fits in my pocket for hiding in the bathroom stall at work and playing Super Mario Brothers.

What is the deal with the anniversary edition? Holy crap there are a ton of them everywhere and it is the only version available.

For those in Canada, Zellers has these things for $40 CAD. Hell, they are probably even cheaper elsewhere, but that is the only store where I actually cared to check out prices in the Nintendo section.

Holy crap, I just checked prices at Best Buy (Canada). $129 for the regular silver Micro. That is $30 more than they are asking for the SP! I can't believe anyone would even consider buying at that price.

I haven't seen a GBM let alone a Famicom one at my local Walmart since last month when they were doing inventory! I'm guessing they sold out already or have them hidden in the back somewhere.

I got one at TRU for $35 a few days ago. I was afraid I was going to regret it because I already have a DS Lite, but I don't at all. It's sleek as hell and actually portable, unlike the DS and PSP. Yoshi's Island on it rocks, and I just ordered a couple of the Bit Generations games.

I picked it up last year when TRU first clearanced them online for $50 and its been worth every penny. It revived my interest in GBA games and is the only true fits-anywhere portable available.

I just bought one off the CAG trading forum for $43 shipped. I use my DS to play GBA games right now, but I want the micro so I can throw it in my purse with a game in it and have it to play anywhere when I get stuck waiting for something.

If I ever find one for 35 or 30 bucks I'd pick it up.

Other than that, meh.

Also, bruin, what is with the Bit Generations games? Is there a point to buying them if you aren't going to play multiplayer?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']If I ever find one for 35 or 30 bucks I'd pick it up.

Other than that, meh.

Also, bruin, what is with the Bit Generations games? Is there a point to buying them if you aren't going to play multiplayer?[/quote]
From everything I've read they're just simple, fun, interesting little games. Nothing to get really excited about, just cool little games.

I don't know anything about multiplayer...I didn't even know they had it. I look forward to playing them myself.

Got the Famicom one during Black Friday for $35. It's great for that price. It's also fun when your friends go, WTF is that! That's a GBA?!

bread's done
Back