Who wants to play Itagaki?

jam3582

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
did a search didnt find anything on this check this out

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/593/593246p1.html

On Sunday, March 6, you have a chance to go head-to-head in Dead or Alive Ultimate against Tomonobu Itagaki, legendary game designer and head of Team Ninja.

This Sunday's edition of the Mystery Gamer Competition, presented by Xbox Live and Team Ninja, features Itagaki himself as the DOAU Mystery Gamer. Before you get too cocky, remember, this is the guy who created Ninja Gaiden and figured its challenge was just right.

The Itagaki session runs from 10pm to 11pm PST Sunday evening. Whether Itagaki will return for more rounds this month -- well, the companies aren't telling. For more information on the tournament,
link - http://www.xbox.com/en-us/deadoraliveultimate/tournament.htm

haha, I hope the winner destroys the team using a really REALLY cheap move combo. Hopefully that'll show Itagaki that his games aren't perfect so he can calm down and get off his soap box.

[quote name='stormenmormon']haha, I hope the winner destroys the team using a really REALLY cheap move combo. Hopefully that'll show Itagaki that his games aren't perfect so he can calm down and get off his soap box.[/quote]

Or not.

I'd like to see someone play against him...and hopefully Itagaki will lose, because well, that would be damn funny.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']Having the winner proclaim he's more of a Tekken player would be even funnier. :twisted:[/quote]
:rofl: :rofl:

I played Itagaki in DOA 3 before Xbox came out. I flew out to Seattle to do a story on the game at Microsoft's offices. He was very easy on me, and I won a few times. I think he was just gauging how good I was -- how well I knew his games.

Of the few other people I know who've played him, he's let some of them win, too. However, he's shown his true skill a few times. I also got an intro to Ninja Gaiden from him before that came out. He's a cool guy -- definitely from the Japanese school of thought that game directors are rockstars.

That reminds me of another story: Many E3s ago, my buddy was in a Starfox 64 tournament. The winner got a limited edition gold-plated N64 controller, and got to play against Miyamoto himself. My friend won, and they were telling him to go easy on Miyamoto. He was like, "Screw that," and beat the pants off of him.

[quote name='jam3582'][quote name='cheapass Gundam']Having the winner proclaim he's more of a Tekken player would be even funnier. :twisted:[/quote]
:rofl: :rofl:[/quote]

Oh man! I wish I was that player to do that... and then I would tell him I trained to play against him by only playing Tekken and never even touching DOA :twisted:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='jam3582'][quote name='cheapass Gundam']Having the winner proclaim he's more of a Tekken player would be even funnier. :twisted:[/quote]
:rofl: :rofl:[/quote]

Oh man! I wish I was that player to do that... and then I would tell him I trained to play against him by only playing Tekken and never even touching DOA :twisted:[/quote]
:lol: That would be great.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']Having the winner proclaim he's more of a Tekken player would be even funnier. :twisted:[/quote]
:rofl:

bread's done
Back