Who Will Be The New Captain America?

He'll resurrect, to achieve some sort of symbolism.

(And The Punisher? Uh... No.)

[quote name='Brak']He'll resurrect, to achieve some sort of symbolism.

(And The Punisher? Uh... No.)[/quote]

As of the end of Civil War, Frank is actually the person who has Cap's outfit, or at least the mask. Throw in that Frank has a humongous amount of respect for Cap (so much that he wouldn't throw a punch and let Cap beat the shit out of him) and the fact that Frank is still a soldier through and through, and I think there's a good chance you'll see Punisher try to be Cap at some point. I expected him to do it before what happened with Steve this week.

[quote name='karsh']As of the end of Civil War, Frank is actually the person who has Cap's outfit, or at least the mask. Throw in that Frank has a humongous amount of respect for Cap (so much that he wouldn't throw a punch and let Cap beat the shit out of him) and the fact that Frank is still a soldier through and through, and I think there's a good chance you'll see Punisher try to be Cap at some point. I expected him to do it before what happened with Steve this week.[/QUOTE]
I haven't been able to read Civil War.

[quote name='karsh']As of the end of Civil War, Frank is actually the person who has Cap's outfit, or at least the mask. Throw in that Frank has a humongous amount of respect for Cap (so much that he wouldn't throw a punch and let Cap beat the shit out of him) and the fact that Frank is still a soldier through and through, and I think there's a good chance you'll see Punisher try to be Cap at some point. I expected him to do it before what happened with Steve this week.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. It makes sense that Frank would take up the mantle out of respect and a symbol to stand up to the oppressive forces of pro-reg forces.

I am really hoping that NICK FURY kicks Tony Stark's @$$!

[quote name='Dante Devil']I couldn't agree with you more. It makes sense that Frank would take up the mantle out of respect and a symbol to stand up to the oppressive forces of pro-reg forces.

I am really hoping that NICK FURY kicks Tony Stark's @$$![/quote]

Yeah, although I really hope Winter Soldier steps up some more now. There's just something I love now about Bucky. I think ever since it came out he's been working with Nick, he's just beyond awesome.

Lobo!

lobocop.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']Why would they kill him??![/QUOTE]

It makes complete sense to kill off Captain America while we are at war in the middle east. /sarcasm

What's this world coming to. I miss the days when comic book hero's killed "krauts," and "reds." sigh

Black Capt. America, definately

in all is messed up glory, but he is strong though, and has a good heart......(this is not derogitory by the way, look it up its a good story)

It will be Hawkeye, it won't be someone that already has a series on the shelves so scratch out Punisher and Wolverine. Summer plans have been announced for both Winter Soldier and Fury. If you look up news about Hawkeye all I have found is,"expect big things from Hawkeye". Also he has no book of his own and since he knows he should still be dead, he has a bit of a death wish issue

[quote name='Scorch']Why would they kill him??![/QUOTE]The current editors hate him. I'm surprised they didn't run him through the mud a little more before executing him, though. He hadn't been shamed enough for not having a myspace page.

[quote name='Wombat']It will be Hawkeye, it won't be someone that already has a series on the shelves so scratch out Punisher and Wolverine. Summer plans have been announced for both Winter Soldier and Fury. If you look up news about Hawkeye all I have found is,"expect big things from Hawkeye". Also he has no book of his own and since he knows he should still be dead, he has a bit of a death wish issue[/quote]

True, although I know they've said Punisher War Journal will deal with Frank having Cap's mask soon. But where have they announced plans for Winter Soldier and Nick? I must have missed that. And I'd definitely be up for Hawkeye being Cap, although I have suspicions that Hawkeye is actually in the Ronin suit for the New Avengers now.

[quote name='jmcc']The current editors hate him. I'm surprised they didn't run him through the mud a little more before executing him, though. He hadn't been shamed enough for not having a myspace page.[/quote]

I just thought I'd point this out. On Newsarama there's an interview with Ed Brubaker, the current author on Captain America. He clearly says this was in his plans as part of the ultimate revenge Red Skull would enact on Cap. He originally planned for it to happen later down the road, but he realized with the end of Civil War he'd either have to kill Cap off like this or deal with a storyline involving Cap's trial. He had just done the Daredevil arc involving Daredevil in jail and decided he didn't want to do another arc like that. So, Ed made the pitch that he kill Captain America off in CA25, and the editors were apprehensive, but they decided this was the best course. So Cap's death was almost entirely decided on by the author of his ongoing, not so much by the editors.

he'll probably end up being an illegal alien. you can join the military and not e a legal citizen of the country so why not make the new capt america controversial. make him an illegal and cover his face so you cant see who or what he is and keep his identity and race a secret then hed be a kind of secret representitative of the country and therefore he coudl be anyone and anything hell he could even be a space alien. but if you dont know his race or ethnicity then more peopel can relate to him.

Maybe it'll be like the Superman death, and we'll have FOUR Captain America's running around, and then one of them can turn out to be evil, and then the REAL Captain America comes back and teams up with the other three to stop the evil one!!!

And please, this thread should be "Who will be the intermediary Captain America" because Marvel can't keep anyone dead, ever. It's pretty sad that as soon as someone dies in comics I just think "I wonder when he / she will come back" rather than being shocked at the news.

Is a vote for Bucky a vote for Winter Soilder? Still I can't believe they're killing of Cap. He'll still be around in the Ultimates, so they screw up their main story line as much as they want.

I've been out of comics for too long. Caught up on the happenins thanks to wiki and a couple other sites. My question is, When did marvel start putting there characters in Desperate Housewives situations? My god it was worse than watching a soap opera. What happened to just kicking the villans butts.

I voted Nick Fury, not so much because I believe it, but because he's the only one worthy enough. A big scoff scoff at the Punisher as Captain America idea, even though it's the best bet. Anyone remember when Captain America had his name taken away because he used a gun? Anyone? Anyone? And now THE FREAKIN' PUNISHER might be Captain America. That's just fantastic.

Oh well. All this is temporary. Death in the Marvel universe is like going on sabbatical.

[quote name='kube00']who is the patriot? I would have said Nomad or U.S. Agent.[/QUOTE]
Well Nomad is dead and US Agent is going to be with Omega Flight in Canada.

Although Punisher would be awesome, I don't see him being Capt. America.
Afterall, who would play Punisher if he becomes Capt. America?

My vote goes to Bucky.

I remember when they used to say the only two permanent deaths in comics were Uncle Ben and Bucky. Bucky has been back for a while now. Only one is left on the list!

[quote name='Brak']I haven't been able to read Civil War.[/quote]
Me neither, what exactly happened between Iron Man & Spider-man? Last issue I read was when Spider-man was getting his family out of Stark towers and Iron Man attacked him.

As for the question, they'll probably do what DC did with Superman, have some rip-offs, but he'll ultimately be resurrected. There should be another option on the poll, cause from what I see, I'm not the only one that thinks he'll evently be back.

One simple consideration is that no character who is already holding down his own title or heavily used in a team setting would be eligible in the long term. That narrows the list of candidates considerably and really puts Bucky in the lead since he has no other commitments, nor is severely damaged goods like US Agent.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's pretty sad that as soon as someone dies in comics I just think "I wonder when he / she will come back" rather than being shocked at the news.[/quote]

It's sad that they can't commit to anything. After reading Civil War I just kinda shook my head in shame. I guess I'll just keep reading comics that don't involve super heroes.

[quote name='guyver2077']is civil war a comic book series? when did comics get so realistic lol[/quote]
Think of the Onslaught saga back in the 90's. It was basically all the comics(except for X-men and the comics in the Ultimate universe) involving the US government wanting to register all superhero and supervillians along with them revealing their identities. The side that went with it was led by Iron Man, with other side that opposes it led by Captain America. During it, Spider-Man revealed his identity on live TV.

[quote name='karsh']True, although I know they've said Punisher War Journal will deal with Frank having Cap's mask soon. But where have they announced plans for Winter Soldier and Nick? I must have missed that. And I'd definitely be up for Hawkeye being Cap, although I have suspicions that Hawkeye is actually in the Ronin suit for the New Avengers now.[/QUOTE]

Damn you and your insight. I totally forgot about Hawkeye. Good, good call, from both you and Wombat.

[quote name='trq']Damn you and your insight. I totally forgot about Hawkeye. Good, good call, from both you and Wombat.[/QUOTE]
As a character i think Clint Barton is gold. However his gimmick is up, I hope he is the new Ronin and they never ever but another bow back is his hands.

Is there a place online to get Civil War (cheap, duh)? I keep hearing a lot about it, but I have no idea where to get comics here...

I think there's a lot of us here who have been out of the comics loop for quite some time now. That being said, all this talk of the new Captain America has my interest peaked. For those of you in the know, how would one go about catching up with all this Civil War stuff?

bread's done
Back