Whoa, was that an earthquake?

My father, who lives in North Berkeley said it felt like a big-rig truck drove through his house.

Of course, I was there for the "Big One" (in recent history that is - 1989 or whenever). That was something else, though, strangely, I didn't think it was a big deal at the time as the TV stations went out in the Bay Area just as I was getting ready to watch the World Series. I was in a frat house in Berkeley and just turned off the TV in my room and went downstairs. Most of us had no idea of all the damage because no TV (and no Internet, really, then either - just dialup connections to get email, and those only for us EECS geeks), while everyone else in the rest of country saw it all on the news.

I'm in SF and I didn't feel a thing... Perhaps it's because my house is retrofitted with antimatter stabilizers.

Oh, and I was playing Company of Heroes.

[quote name='Aberforth']Oh man I remember that earthquake back in '89. I was only 6 then but damn I remember it really clearly.[/QUOTE]

i was 10. i remembered my sister yelling at me to stop jumping because i was shaking the house.

another 3.7 earthquake in berkeley at 10:49 on 12/22
these might be warnings for a big one which i have been expecting for the last 10 years or so.

wow, I'm not feeling a damn thing here in Vallejo. Maybe it's because we're all too busy gettin' Hyphy!........:roll:

bread's done
Back