Wholesales Lists from Ebay Questions...

menchirox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I'm interested in buying one of those wholesale lists/ebooks that are always on ebay for about $1.50, cause they sound so catchy. They have deals such as "free xbox, ps2, gamecube" or "xbox for $20" or something like that. Has anyone here ever bought one of these wholesale lists and known it to work? Any bad experiences?

I have not, but if you look at their feedback it somewhat fluctuates between positive and negative reviews. I heard nothing but bad stuff.Most I believe are conga lines that you may of seen on this site for ipod, flatscreens, etc or just rips because wholesale price of a video game is just about $40.

Its fake. I bought one for a penny once, and sent it to a bunch of CAGers. Nothing but crap. For alot of that stuff, you need a TIN(tax id number)

And anyways alot of them say wholesale prices. And if I'm not mistaken for alot of places to give you wholesale prices you hafta have a business license or at least order multiple copies of whatever.

Could be wrong though.

One of the things is a way of getting free samples from mostly asian manufacturers, which you pay shipping for, like mp3 players, tv's, lcd monitors, etc. Use limewire or the like to find one of the files, thats what i did.

whole sale wouldnt be 20 bucks for game systems anyways. (more like 180 when ps2 and xbox were selling for 199)

most of those a pyramid scemes u put 20 bucks in wait 6 months and if your lucky u might be able to get a system for 20 bucks plus shipping.

its a big sceme though so i would stay clear of this kind of BS

[quote name='Abalistar']And anyways alot of them say wholesale prices. And if I'm not mistaken for alot of places to give you wholesale prices you hafta have a business license or at least order multiple copies of whatever.

Could be wrong though.[/quote]

That is correct you have to have a tax id and an incorporated company (which can be done for under 100 bucks in some states). Basically you order in bulk and get close to wholesale pricing. They are the wholesaler (middle man) you are the distributor (seller), in order to make money off of video games in this kind of venture you need to sell A LOT (you will make maybe 5-10 dollars per game half of which is likely to go toward shipping and commission (if you sell on a site like ebay)). Even if you go the traditional way of creating your own website you will still pay 2-4% to be able to take credit cards on top of the hosting and server fees.

THE BEST WAY TO MAKE MONEY IN VIDEO GAME SALES IS TO SELL USED VIDEO GAMES (and/or dvds). But make sure what you buy is like new or you'll get a ton of returns. Profits on used games is upwards of 50% (generally 25% is fair return; compared to about 5% on new games).

JUST BE SURE TO UNDERCUT traditional used prices (eb offers used newer games at 45 bucks; offer them for 40; offer to buy them at 27-30)but only for the first 1.5 months of release; your stock rotation will be higher than Ebgames and gamestop (the returns won't be that high but...you will make up for that lost profit in volume).

Last but not least; use media mail with delivery confirmation and charge under 2.50 for it; and don't offer returns of any form unless condition was misrepresented (that's why you should only buy stock that is like new upto 5 minor scratches).

That's just my 99 cents.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']whole sale wouldnt be 20 bucks for game systems anyways. (more like 180 when ps2 and xbox were selling for 199)

most of those a pyramid scemes u put 20 bucks in wait 6 months and if your lucky u might be able to get a system for 20 bucks plus shipping.

its a big sceme though so i would stay clear of this kind of BS[/quote]

Also remember that you need to pay state sales tax on everything you buy in state!!! ALWAYS BUY OUT OF STATE or setup your business on the corner of several states (pa, oh, wv?) so that if you need to you can dodge sales tax.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']whole sale wouldnt be 20 bucks for game systems anyways. (more like 180 when ps2 and xbox were selling for 199)

Your right about that. I run a wholesale gaming club in El Paso Tx. Games and Console are only about $10 to $20 off retail price. The only real good deals are on 3rd party items.

Those wholesale lists are crap, and anyways prices are only about $7 cheaper then retail since profit margins for games in low purchase amounts are very slim.

The best way to make some money like some said is the used game market.

Find out what EB is giving for certain games and offer more then undercut their prices. Do this with new games and you might be able to make $5 to $10 per sale.

I think I may be the only one that got some use out of them. I paid around $30 for it and saved $80 or so on a cell phone. the rest was crap

[quote name='dragonfireflys'][quote name='Ivanhoe']whole sale wouldnt be 20 bucks for game systems anyways. (more like 180 when ps2 and xbox were selling for 199)

Also remember that you need to pay state sales tax on everything you buy in state!!! ALWAYS BUY OUT OF STATE or setup your business on the corner of several states (pa, oh, wv?) so that if you need to you can dodge sales tax.[/quote]

If you're running a business you don't pay sales tax on the items you purchase for the purpose of resale. That's the point of the tax ID number.

Don't waste your money - It's gotta be one of those things that's too good to be true. It'd be great to pay like $20 for a game system - but it's not gonna happen.

So where do I buy my used games to resell?

[quote name='dragonfireflys'][quote name='Abalistar']And anyways alot of them say wholesale prices. And if I'm not mistaken for alot of places to give you wholesale prices you hafta have a business license or at least order multiple copies of whatever.

Could be wrong though.[/quote]

That is correct you have to have a tax id and an incorporated company (which can be done for under 100 bucks in some states). Basically you order in bulk and get close to wholesale pricing. They are the wholesaler (middle man) you are the distributor (seller), in order to make money off of video games in this kind of venture you need to sell A LOT (you will make maybe 5-10 dollars per game half of which is likely to go toward shipping and commission (if you sell on a site like ebay)). Even if you go the traditional way of creating your own website you will still pay 2-4% to be able to take credit cards on top of the hosting and server fees.

THE BEST WAY TO MAKE MONEY IN VIDEO GAME SALES IS TO SELL USED VIDEO GAMES (and/or dvds). But make sure what you buy is like new or you'll get a ton of returns. Profits on used games is upwards of 50% (generally 25% is fair return; compared to about 5% on new games).

JUST BE SURE TO UNDERCUT traditional used prices (eb offers used newer games at 45 bucks; offer them for 40; offer to buy them at 27-30)but only for the first 1.5 months of release; your stock rotation will be higher than Ebgames and gamestop (the returns won't be that high but...you will make up for that lost profit in volume).

Last but not least; use media mail with delivery confirmation and charge under 2.50 for it; and don't offer returns of any form unless condition was misrepresented (that's why you should only buy stock that is like new upto 5 minor scratches).

That's just my 99 cents.[/quote]

bread's done
Back