Whoo Hoo! Lunar DS $24.99 Fry's CA

indy2029

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
First deal post. Hope you enjoy it!

Went to the Woodland hills, CA Fry's to pick up Lunar DS advertised at $29.99. At my surprise, it rung up at $24.99! Me and my homie didn't hesitate. Extremely cheap price. Isn't msrp on this one $39.99?

[quote name='JEKKI']yes, us californians often refer to ourmale friends as "homey" or "homeboy"

and lady friends as "homegirl."

do u havea problem?

indy,

there's already a post about this homey:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68577&page=1&pp=20

fidodo comes correct with the Fry deals all day every day.

he's the #1 homey[/QUOTE]
yeah, what's wrong with saying homeboy? You are so right Jekki, Fido is the man when it comes to Fry's ads!!

Thanks for the post but a friendly warning:

Read some reviews before buying this game, even on sale. It's not very good, don't let the "Lunar" title mislead you. :(

I'm in Cali and we don't use homey here unless we want to get severely beaten up in public. You must be in a a special area.

Woodland Hills is a 30 min drive...bleh. There is a Frys opening up in Oxnard in the next few weeks. Can't wait as I work 2 minutes from it!

[quote name='indy2029']Extremely cheap price. Isn't msrp on this one $39.99?[/QUOTE]MSRP is 29.99$ according to Ubisoft, but for some reason a few retailers (*cough* EBgames, GameStop *cough*) are inflating the price.

Also, if you order directly from Ubisoft, you can get free 2 day shipping with the code "2DAYFREE."

I worship Lunar 2.

Hesitate on Lunar: DS.
I pre-ordered this from ubi.com but I'm considering selling it. So far very uninspiring. Battle system isn't Lunar, losing HP to run isn't Lunar.

Another place to get this cheap is at Best Buy. Normal price is $29.99 but I got it today for $19.99 using the Red magazine coupon. Could just use the GGC coupon to get it for same as Fry's price if your BB doesn't have/accept Red coupons.

[quote name='pthagonal']The reviews and such havent been so positive on this. Still, for that price its probably worth a gamble.[/QUOTE]
the game does has it flaws, and i probably wont buy it at full price. At $25 it isnt too bad of a deal.

[quote name='62t']the game does has it flaws, and i probably wont buy it at full price. At $25 it isnt too bad of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I figured, especially for really big fans of the series. I still cant gamble on it, though.

[quote name='JEKKI']yes, us californians often refer to ourmale friends as "homey" or "homeboy"

and lady friends as "homegirl."

do u havea problem?

indy,

there's already a post about this homey:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68577&page=1&pp=20

fidodo comes correct with the Fry deals all day every day.

he's the #1 homey[/QUOTE]

Fidodo is cool for listing all the fry's specials. But fry's advertised Lunar DS for $29.99. This is another heads up since it's actually $24.99. And apparently deserving of it's own thread. And thanks for the backup homie!

Regional slang is so silly I think. What is still cool in one area is out of style for years in others.
Homie, rad, awesome, hella, sweet,and tight aren't exactly still cool where I live, but cool beans can be used without someone laughing at you in the right situation. Very relative though. Funny thing is that "cool" is still used after so long and is still ok to say :p - Which is probably not cool in other areas :p

As to the game, does anyone know how long it is?

[quote name='Scott']MSRP is 29.99$ according to Ubisoft, but for some reason a few retailers (*cough* EBgames, GameStop *cough*) are inflating the price.

Also, if you order directly from Ubisoft, you can get free 2 day shipping with the code "2DAYFREE."[/QUOTE]

Well, according to other stores the price is $39.99.
That includes Target, Wal-Mart, EB Games, GameStop, Game Crazy, Game Rush...

If you think I'm wrong, just check their corresponding websites. So who knows the 'correct' price.

bread's done
Back