Who's Been To Japan?

MRJESUS925

CAGiversary!
I've wanted to go for about 5 years, but I don't have the money.

For those who've been lucky enough to go, I'd love to hear stories, experiences, opinions, w/e.

I've lost count on how many times I've been there...perhaps 8 now? I'll be moving there come this November. =)

If you have a facebook account, you could add me, and view my blog entries and photos from my Japan trips. :)

What's your facebook, y2k?

I LOVE reading stuff like that. Helps with the fact that I STILL haven't gone.

I've never gone to Japan but I've decided that I'll visit it at least once (along with Europe, at least England, Germany, Spain, France and Italy). It will probably be a long time before I'm able to visit either Japan or Europe though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to go both to Japan and Europe, but haven't yet had the opportunity. I lived in Eastern Europe for six years, but I want to check out Western Europe (because that's where most of the countries are).

During high school, many moons ago, I went with family to visit other family. We stayed at their hotel, and I had a ton of fun sightseeing, catching up, and shopping (primarily shopping). I still lived in Hawaii at the time, was pretty tanned, and got the oddest looks from the native Japanese. I think I shocked some of my relatives' friends when I spoke to them in Japanese instead of Filipino. The bastids.

I'm going this November because I decided that this year I will go no matter what. I just got done paying off my student loans and I'm putting it all on my cc. ;_; Man...just when I just paid off my biggest debt, too. Now this one. I think this trip is doable compared to my Florida trip (many moons ago) during spring break for about 4 days and it cost almost the same what I paid booking to Japan for 10 days, 9 nights. Package deal ftw.

Cancun...all-inclusive...now that's a vacation I will never forget. Way cheaper and totally got my money's worth. :)

[quote name='MRJESUS925']What's your facebook, y2k?

I LOVE reading stuff like that. Helps with the fact that I STILL haven't gone.[/QUOTE]
Check your PM =)

I went last summer. There are no words to describe how awesome Japan really is. The people are incredibly nice, the food is unbelievable, the game stores are awesome, can't forget those awesome vending machines... It is an awesome experience and some day I wish to live there.

I went on a tour so maybe I missed something. People are polite but I'm not sure if it's real or not. Very few people actually knew english - the conceirge at the hotel that we stayed at could barely give directions.Sushi is great though. Stuff is too expensive over there.

Here's my story - went to play pachinko, hit some kind of jackpot or something. But we had to meet up with our tour group so we had the employee stop the machine and we had a full tray of balls. The guy took our tray and "helped" us exchange it for money but returned with only like $2. When we met up with our tour guide we asked how much it should've been and she's like a tray is usually worth $100 or so. You don't know how pissed I was, if we didn't have to leave I would've gone back to kick his ass. Not to get back my money but just to teach the guy a lesson.

I'd rather go to Hong Kong but I'm Chinese (speak a little of it but don't know how to read so I would be close to lost anyway).

I've been to about 50 different countries, mostly in Europe but some in Latin America as well. Also been to Israel... Never really been to the far east though. I'd love to go, especially to Japan and Australia.

bread's done
Back