Who's importing a DS Lite?

element

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
Anybody going to import a DS Lite from Japan? I'm thinking about it, which site is good? I like the navy color and don't know if the US will be getting all the colors initially. Should I be worried about warranty issues if I import?

from my understanding, Nintendo of America wont cover the japans warranty.

the new ds is sexy but i dont know if i can handle a smaller ds. my fingers get cramped if i play too much of my newphews launch DS.

besides i ll just buy my graphite black DS with Metroid Hunters and wait for the "Nintendo DS Lite SP"

;)

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I'm too lazy to check but what is the time gap between Japanese release and US release?[/QUOTE]

they haven't announced an exact date for the us release (all they said was it was going to be release sometime in the spring of 2006)

[quote name='undyingforce5']from my understanding, Nintendo of America wont cover the japans warranty.

the new ds is sexy but i dont know if i can handle a smaller ds. my fingers get cramped if i play too much of my newphews launch DS.

besides i ll just buy my graphite black DS with Metroid Hunters and wait for the "Nintendo DS Lite SP"

;)[/QUOTE]

good point, from the photos the directional pad looks smaller and maybe harder to play. I keep going back and forth, I'm having a hard time justifying a new DS when my current one works fine but the Lite does look nice....

[quote name='element']good point, from the photos the directional pad looks smaller and maybe harder to play. I keep going back and forth, I'm having a hard time justifying a new DS when my current one works fine but the Lite does look nice....[/QUOTE]

The d-pad looks alot like the GB Micro's d-pad. I think the micro's d-pad is way better than any other d-pad in a gb.

Also, I'm in for one through lik-sang. Here's hoping it gets here soon after launch. Until then, I have declared a moratorium on playing any game from my rapidly growing collection. Ah, yes, delayed gratification.

I really want to, and the release date is rapidly approaching.

But I am concerned about warranty and dead pixel issues, which is why I haven't placed an order yet.

I'm going to wait for a US release. My orginal DS had some dead pixels and so I promptly exchanged it for a perfect one at Circuit City. I don't think it will be quite as easy as that if I import a DS lite.

[quote name='daroga']I'm importing through NCSX. It'll be fantastic :) I'll post pics/impressions when I get it if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

YES! Please do! I don't think I'll import unless they make us wait a really long time for a U.S. release.

Not gonna import one myself... imported games is one thing, they don't bug me... but I don't want any possible incompatibility issues down the road, however unlikely they may be - by using a foreign system with domestic US games.

It's gonna suck, very much, waiting during that time between the JPN release and the US release... but that's what all our glorious backlogs are for, I like to think =) And hell, I don't even have my DS any more... so it's all the harder for me to wait. Be glad, those of you that have DS and can play your games =)

I do hope Navy Blue will be availble domestically... very very much.

[quote name='jkam']YES! Please do! I don't think I'll import unless they make us wait a really long time for a U.S. release.[/QUOTE]
Alrighty, will do :) I'm getting a Navy one. They said they should have stock in hand on the 2nd (release day in Japan). With 3 days shipping and the weekend I'm guessing I'll have it between the 8th and the 10th of March. I'll keep you all posted :)

[quote name='daroga']Alrighty, will do :) I'm getting a Navy one. They said they should have stock in hand on the 2nd (release day in Japan). With 3 days shipping and the weekend I'm guessing I'll have it between the 8th and the 10th of March. I'll keep you all posted :)[/QUOTE]

thank you.

im really interested to see how the L & R buttons compare to the Launch DS

Ill be getting a Naby Blue and White Lite. I as well will post pics and such when they arrive. I am purposley not playing my DS games as I would much rather enjoy them on a brighter, cleaner screen

[quote name='gizmogc']Ill be getting a Naby Blue and White Lite. I as well will post pics and such when they arrive. I am purposley not playing my DS games as I would much rather enjoy them on a brighter, cleaner screen[/QUOTE]
yeah, I'm really itching to play Mario Kart again... but I can't, since my Graphite DS is with my fiancee 1/2 way across the country. Comeon Lite! ;)

I hope there is enough DS lite systems to go around. From what I hear og DSs are sold out in Japan.
/crosses fingers. I hope mine ships on or near March 2nd.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I hope there is enough DS lite systems to go around. From what I hear og DSs are sold out in Japan.
/crosses fingers. I hope mine ships on or near March 2nd.[/QUOTE]
Nintendo has said they want to launch with a million or so units, so I think as long as you've gotten your order in ahead of time, you should be ok. But, this is a reason I'm importing, because they're going to sell clean through in Japan, and then restock there and then get a backlog made before they launch it in NA/Europe.

Bought mine through play-asia... of course I added an additional $30 in trinkits (and Hello Kitty noodles for the lady).

I'll try and post some pics with a GBC/GBA SP/Micro/Lite when it arrives. Cant wait to finally play my copy of Phoenix Wright :)

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Bought mine through play-asia... of course I added an additional $30 in trinkits (and Hello Kitty noodles for the lady).

I'll try and post some pics with a GBC/GBA SP/Micro/Lite when it arrives. Cant wait to finally play my copy of Phoenix Wright :)[/QUOTE]

Pics would be awesome and appreciated! :D

[quote name='edison']Yeah I heard about the delay today, but willing to wait the extra ~9 days to still get the Enamel Navy.[/quote]

My first thought when I heard it was "Maybe white would be ok...It could match my Revo..." and then I decided to just wait it out, and hope they make Revo in that color too :)

[quote name='SpottedNigel']My first thought when I heard it was "Maybe white would be ok...It could match my Revo..." and then I decided to just wait it out, and hope they make Revo in that color too :)[/QUOTE]
You would hope so. At this poin the only thing that will likely make me get a DS Lite is if I try it out and it feels stunning compared to my DS, or if I can get one to match my Rev color of choice.

My DS disappeard (or became sentinent and grew legs) so I had extra incentive to get a new one. That being said, after playing my micro for hours on end, going back to the current DS was the equivelent of playing the original GBA after playing the SP. Night and freaking day. I wouldve picked up a Lite the day it was released stateside.

...and I really hate that ridge on the side of the DS, made it so uncomfortable

[quote name='edison']Yeah I heard about the delay today, but willing to wait the extra ~9 days to still get the Enamel Navy.[/quote]

No doubt. If you're gonna go to all the trouble to import what's an extra few days wait to get the color you want?

Enamel Navy is the shite!

bread's done
Back