Who's psyched for Cabela's Alaskan Adventure?!

I might, depending on reviews. I have an old one for the PC and it's entertaining. I only paid $10 for it though so I don't know if I'd buy it for $40.

[quote name='Brak']Can you shoot hunters?[/quote]

I'd probably buy it if you could do that, plus play as a grizzly.

I actually had a lot of fun with Dangerous Hunts. Catching a Gemsbok in mid-stride and putting one right between it's eyes and watching it slide face first down a cliff was pretty freakin' entertaining.:lol:

Seriously though, DH was very good for the price($10) bit it really got me interested in the genre, but I do hate how they put a new one out every few months. I wish they would just put more time into one and make it better.

I wasn't aware of this title and am not too excited but now I may just pick it up.

Me and my friend rented one once. My friend was getting frustrated because he couldn't find any animals. So he spun around really fast and took a random shot. The screen followed the bullet passed two mountains and hit a deer in the ass. It was hilarious.

I rather play Oregon's Trail.
gstongue.gif

[quote name='Maynard']Oh this is a serious thread.[/quote]

That's news to me! It wasn't meant to be entirely serious, although these games are pretty funny for whatever reason...

[quote name='thamaster24']Wow... who thought of the picture for this game in gamercards... very innovative[/QUOTE]
what?? I'm sure you are talking about the picture that shows up in the Gamercards but I'm not sure what your actual post means.

I like it but thats just how hardcore you are and like this type of game. If you have no patience and just like to run and gun then this game is not for you. I just wish they would have put an online multiplayer since usually you never go hunting by yourself. I think that would have made the game alot deeper and more fun. Still cool as hell but its just for the selected few that like this type of game.

[quote name='Maximo1324']I like it but thats just how hardcore you are and like this type of game. If you have no patience and just like to run and gun then this game is not for you. I just wish they would have put an online multiplayer since usually you never go hunting by yourself. I think that would have made the game alot deeper and more fun. Still cool as hell but its just for the selected few that like this type of game.[/QUOTE]

How does it look I have not yet seen and screens anywhere.
Is it up to 360 stanards or just a port?

[quote name='flybrione']How does it look I have not yet seen and screens anywhere.
Is it up to 360 stanards or just a port?[/QUOTE]

Nahh looks like a port nothing too spectacular it just looks funny when you shoot them in the head and they fly around. Or when you shoot them right in the heart they just collapse.

Yeah I wanna play a game for Rednecks. Pass though I admit to liking a good Fishing Sim. if it's got a good rod like Sega did with "Get Bass!". Actually putting that game on the Wii with an attachment for the Wiimote would be pretty fun.

[quote name='Santurio']what?? I'm sure you are talking about the picture that shows up in the Gamercards but I'm not sure what your actual post means.[/quote]
yes thats what I was talking about... the nice plain pic of Alaska

Saw t todayt for $39.99....Tempting. Anyone else except Maximo buy this? Was hoping GR would have it as I have some credit to dump.

[quote name='gizmogc']Saw t todayt for $39.99....Tempting. Anyone else except Maximo buy this? Was hoping GR would have it as I have some credit to dump.[/QUOTE]
I have it as well. If you have played either of Cabela's previous games and wanted to play another, then you would enjoy this game. It is improved over the previous games but it still lacks some little touches, like no rumble when you get attacked. I've nearly died a few times before realizing that I was being rammed by a Bison. I could nitpick all day but the truth is I like this game. But like Maximo said, it isn't for evrybody.

[quote name='Santurio']I have it as well. If you have played either of Cabela's previous games and wanted to play another, then you would enjoy this game. It is improved over the previous games but it still lacks some little touches, like no rumble when you get attacked. I've nearly died a few times before realizing that I was being rammed by a Bison. I could nitpick all day but the truth is I like this game. But like Maximo said, it isn't for evrybody.[/QUOTE]

Well I will be picking this up tomorrow then. Too bad there are no sales anywhere on this.

I rented it and it is by far the worst game I have ever played....even the achievements arn't easy to get.

The open season ones, do I have to kill the 10 animals in one outing, or keep going back???

[quote name='seanr1221']I rented it and it is by far the worst game I have ever played....even the achievements arn't easy to get.

The open season ones, do I have to kill the 10 animals in one outing, or keep going back???[/QUOTE]

oh i've been playing about an hour and unlocked 4 achievements

[quote name='seanr1221']I rented it and it is by far the worst game I have ever played....even the achievements arn't easy to get.

The open season ones, do I have to kill the 10 animals in one outing, or keep going back???[/QUOTE]
Then you must realy suck ................or you didn't really try. I never said this game was perfect but it's far from being the worst game ever. The ach are pretty easy for the most part. All you have to do is kill one of each animal in the career mode and for the Open Season ones you have to kill 10 different animals with a specific type of weapon. So basically you have to go through each region and kill one of each tag with each available weapon type.

bread's done
Back